[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever get impulses to hurt or murder people in day-to-day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1461004770106.jpg (414KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1461004770106.jpg
414KB, 1920x1200px
Do you ever get impulses to hurt or murder people in day-to-day life? Like when I'm just walking along I wonder what it would feel like to smash their head against the table they're sitting at, releasing all the pent-up soreness inside me.

You think that's like a disorder or something? I would never actually act on it but you know. But the urge is still there. Or fantasizing about murdering my neighbors. I would never be able to get away with it of course, everything is traceable, even shell casings you've filed have magnetic micro-prints left over.

Hopefully you guys have experienced similar stuff, right?
>>
>>17115738
Yes, when I was depressed
>>
>>17115740
Hmm, I am actually. I have never heard of that being a symptom though.
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 752x241px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 752x241px
When I was a teenager, depressed, and extremely alienated yes. But not anymore. Now I would never dream of it unless I was really, really pissed off.

I'm not one to suggest therapy but if you have these feelings then you probably should. Maybe try God, taoist philosophy, stuff like that
>>
>>17115738
My husband was like that when he was a teenager. He was kind of depressed since he lived in a very fucked up situation, his father was a tweeker and beat his mom, they were poor as fuck. He used to get really upset and tell me he had visions of himself murdering people very graphically. Once he got out of that shitty situation it all stopped though.
>>
>>17115738
Everyone gets this, to some degree. It's like when you stand on top of a tall building or a cliff next to your mother/brother/friend and suddenly get the urge to push them off. It's called the "high place phenomenon".
>>
>>17115738
Yeah, I would get scared when I had impulses to close people's heads into cars.

The Invisibilia podcast talked a bit about that... kinda like sometimes there's no underlying cause and that generally the people who have these thoughts are more likely NOT to act on them.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/09/375928124/dark-thoughts
>>
>>17116016
>get the urge to push a friend/family member
Just the opposite.

Though I do feel a bizarre need to look over the edge of cliffs and tall buildings/bridges, like something is telling me inside to go over.
Worked security at a 40 story building, regularly walked the edge of the roof on patrols and considered jumping just to see how it would feel.
>>
File: Yotsuba-whoa.jpg (60KB, 247x701px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba-whoa.jpg
60KB, 247x701px
I get those thoughts, about making a plan to start hurting small animals and then scale up to people, but then remind myself to not feel scared, and that no one's holding onto hate for me, and then I can let it go
>>
it feels great, you gotta be real careful otherwise you may end up in jail
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.