[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Adv. I'm not sure what to do.. I'm a 21 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: a3LAj78_460s.jpg (33KB, 460x613px) Image search: [Google]
a3LAj78_460s.jpg
33KB, 460x613px
Hello, Adv.
I'm not sure what to do.. I'm a 21 year old female and I have had mental health issues since I was in my early teens. I have suffered with depression, loneliness, anxiety and isolation for a long time. I take a lot of prescription medication because I often feel sad, I don't sleep well and find it hard to talk to people or leave my home. I have had a few boyfriends before, nothing serious, but I find that I always seem to frighten them away as soon as they learn about my mental health problems. I told a guy I was in love with that I attempted suicide once, and he told me he thought I was crazy, despite the fact I try so hard to be a good person. He didn't love me back. I rarely talk to people these days.
Are there any men out there that can accept me and help me, or is it too much of a turn off?
>>
As cliché as it sounds, there's someone for everyone. At 21, a lot of guys are douches or fedora tipping you-have-to-eat-all-the-eggs types. As long as you're not still trying to kill yourself, you can be accepted. It's definitely not a turn on, so don't kid yourself, but you'll find someone who will help you find peace together.
>>
Clearly he lacked any maturity if his response to you admitting to once attempting suicide was that you are 'crazy'. You opened up to him, and he tore you to pieces. Not everyone is like that, a lot of people aren't. There are definitely men out there for you, will you be my gf
>>
>>17113287
I understand that its not a turn on.. I have tried to hide it in the past, but there is only so much that you can hide. I'm just starting to think that I'm gonna be alone forever.
>>
>>17113296
If you're kind to me, I would love that. I don't think I'm actually crazy.. I'm mostly just sad.
>>
>>17113305

Me too
>>
>>17113308
:)
>>
>>17113300
Don't hide it. It's worse to suddenly spring it on someone. If you want to be accepted it has to be out in the open from the start.

And don't pull that forever alone shit. You're a 21 year old girl - it's laughable. You're a kid. You've just ended Life's tutorial stage.
>>
>>17113272
Right now, your concern should be liking yourself more than what strangers think of you. Get to your college's mental health facility pronto.

Antidepressants don't magically make your problems go away. You need talk therapy too.
>>
>>17113313
The problem is that it seems to be getting worse.. I used to be able to go out and talk to people and now I find it nearly impossible. The only person I've spoken to in weeks aside from my mother is a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17113318
I live with my mother and I see a psychiatrist every week. Other than that I don't do much... I'm too tired and too scared.
>>
>>17113272
You need some hope friend, you're still very young it's not to late to make new friends. as for men you'll find one but hide the history until you've been together for awhile. You can do it you just got to believe, and try to feel hopeful. As for getting a boyfriend >tfw no gf, you'll probably find someone if you look long enough but don't stress over it or over think it, yes it's nice but you can love yourself and love life and that's alot more likely to attract people. LIFE!
>>
>>17113323
I'm sorry to hear that, but /adv/ isn't going to be any more qualified to help you than a psychiatrist.

But to answer your original questions; will you find someone, definitely. Will someone love you, if you allow them to.
>>
same here, i'm on citalopram, amitriptyline, iloperidone, sometimes alprazolam and epival but i dont want to have a girlfriend, i never had and dont find the sense of having one, i think i cant love how normal people do
>>
>>17113364
I sometimes wonder if I have damaged my ability to feel things from the amount of medication I have taken for so many years. Instead of love I feel sick.. Then I just want the sickness to go away. I just desperately want somebody to love me. I think then I will have a purpose.
>>
>>17113370

You'll find your purpose on your own. The only think a loved one can do I support you in fulfilling it
>>
Keep it up, trust yourself, accept who you are and as long as you're proud of it, you'll be on top!
Then guys that have comon stuff with you will surface and love you back ;)
>>
>>17113272
Story time

I met a girl like you but she didnt even talk to her mother or anybody and didnt get help because her parents told her "suck it up and stop being se useless"

After a few days she told me how broken she was and it didn't change my opinion at all, we talked more, she started to smile, we played games and even cuddled together and we got together

She used to come crying in the night or morning just so i can hold her and listen to whats bothering her
She was still quite suicidal but she had something to look forward to

So dont worry too much, there are people ready to accept thst and help you when needed because of who you are
Dont lose hope

Also she told me after a few months that she actually ment to kill herself that weekend, she tried before but failed
So yeah you never know
A day later and i would have never met her
>>
>>17113387
I wish I could meet somebody like you.
What happened to her?
>>
Don't worry, OP. You'll find someone who won't be put off by your issues.

In fact, judging from your description, you seem to have a lot in common with my ex-gf. I wasn't put off by her past nor her at the time remaining issues. Sure, it was tough at times as her mental state during bad periods tended to drag me down as well, but the relationship overall was rewarding and positive for both of us. We are also still great friends to this day.

I guess what I'm trying to demonstrate is that you shouldn't feel like a lost cause just because you haven't had the pleasure to meet the right person at 21.
>>
>>17113407
Family issues broke her, college and money issues started eating me and she thought i wouldnt be there for her out of fear of rejection even tho i told her i would and i always was there

She made a mistake, one i couldn't forgive and one that ruined her
I stayed with her but she started lying to me and herself in the end and i believe trust is important so we broke it up
I cant be with someone who will live through lies after everything

I still sometimes miss the person who u met
Now after years im finding it hard to find a girl like that, one who wants to be loved and one who loves, a long term thing where we can support each other and spend time together but finding that at 21 is hard

But like i said dont lose hope you never know when someone is going to enter your life
The story how i came to the place where we met was also the perfect coincidence

Anyway i cant sleep in general so if you want to talk or ask away feel free
>>
>>17113479
I saw somebody briefly.. He had some issues himself. I did love him, but he was still in love with his ex girlfriend. I broke me for a little while. The things I would have done for that boy to care about me like I cared about him.
I always got the feeling he used me to briefly forget about her. Or perhaps it was simply that there is something about me that makes me completely unlovable? I seem quite cold and diffident at times, but I'm not a bad person. Just not an ideal partner for most...
>>
>>17113521

Aww I wanna be your friend
>>
>>17113522
Thank you. I want to be your friend too.
>>
>>17113532

skype!
>>
>>17113545
Of course. What is your skype name?
>>
>>17113554

[email protected]
>>
>>17113521
You seem like a bad partner?

Im brutally honest, i never lie, im pretty broken and have health issues i keep for myself and bottle up so i dont worry people about it, im pretty difficult at times when i start talking tech abd numbers, i font know how to open up and it takes time t show affection and i cant read body language for shit and i found someone who loved me for me

Im just lost on the how to meet new people part, finding a girl who isnt superficial at this age is awfully hard

You will find someone sooner or later
>>
>>17113272
The answer is "yes" but the complete answer is, "yes, but he'll need to be a specific sort of guy."

My spouse has a chronic illness that introduces depression as a side symptom. Over the last 9 years, I've had to learn a lot about how to communicate, how to be patient, and how to cope with things on my own side.

Whomever this guy is will need be mature, emotionally stable, communicative, open-minded, and more importantly, patient.

The guy is out there.
>>
>>17113564
I don't think I'm a bad partner.. I care a lot. But I am too intense with a lot of baggage and some people find that hard work
>>
>>17113557
I added you.
>>
>>17113599
Well you implied that you seem like a bad partner because of that baggage
No you're not unlovable and you seem like a good person

Baggage like yours isnt hard work, been there so i should know, you just need someone who cares atleast thats what i did and that girl felt much better

You will find someone just like i did

If you need a friend post a disposable mail or skype or whatever
>>
>>17113605
Thanks anon.. I really appreciate it.
Thanks for anybody that contributed. I'm gonna try and get a few hours sleep now.
Goodnight!
>>
>>17113634
Glad i could help

Goodnight and best of luck
>>
A relationship can never fix your problems. They amplify who you already are. If your problems are real, then they can only be solved by you, and if it is truly bad these feelings can only be managed. You will have to consciously fight the urges and negativity every day of your life. You will have to be okay with the fact you may not be too happy for long periods of time.

But yes, a man can and will fall in love with you if you can amplify the positive aspects of your personality. Nurture your caring and supportive side, and be very generous with the man who shows you his love. Everything will work out, even when it sucks.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.