[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help I have a 11 pm curfew at 19 I've been in a terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: job.jpg (30KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
30KB, 500x374px
Help I have a 11 pm curfew at 19
I've been in a terrible situation for about a year now.
>I'm 19 I work at a grocery store part time
>still live with parents trying to save for a car
>my parents are super controlling specifically my dad
>never lets me stay over at people's houses or stay out past 11
> this sucks ass because all of my friends get to stay out when they want and they're always like "hey anon wanna hang at my house tonight"?
>but i never fucking can
>this is giving me lots of anxiety because I feel like I'm missing out on everything.
> girl I like always asks me to hang out and night but i never can
> feel like eventually she'll lose interest in me
> I don't know what to fucking do
these people are psychopaths
> i make minimum wage so I could never afford to get a place of my own
>can only work 5 days because mom has to pick up my siblings from soccer and shit
>this disqualifies me from jobas that want open avaliablity
> won't help me get a car or learn to drive
> basically want me to be miserable
> always complaining that i'm entitled and that i should go to college
> nearest college is an hour away
> did i mention i don't have car
this whole situation is fucking me up and i thought once i turned 18 things would be different
>yes i don't pay rent, but it's not like i can afford to
my dad makes 70,000 a year and is greedy as fuck and won't help me with anything
> feel like killing myself everyday
Pls help/
>>
move out then, rent is like 300-700 per month
you can afford that if you work hard
>>
I was in the exact same boat. Unfortunately unless you have a friend you can stay with you're kinda screwed until you're able to save up enough money to leave. Sorry anon.
>>
>>17107103
the grocery store i work at doesn't give many hours because i only can work 5 days i get 14-27 max
>>
>>17107108
i wish i did
>>
>>17107126
so apply to another store with more hours

why don't you want to move out? You have a curfew, no education, and you don't like your family

save up a few rents, like 1500 bucks, get a job with more hours and higher pay, and move out
>>
>>17107134
I have been applying... i make 7.25 the stores i have been applying pay 10 dollars but they want open availability
>>17107134
i want to move i can't afford to
>>
>>17107070

join the military, have housing and a real paycheck, save up more, get college knocked out, get big boy job and make your dad look like a chump when you've got a uniform in the closet and a new BMW in the garage
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 600x191px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 600x191px
>>17107070
All I can suggest is that you get another job to move out if you don't like your parents' rules. That is unless you could convince them to let you stay out more somehow.

You may have to live like that for sometime unless you can achieve either. You don't want to be a dick to your parents either if you're going to continue to live with them
>>
>>17107143
that's an option, but it's p last resort
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x189px
>>17107142
Why can you not be openly available?
>>
>>17107153
>can only work 5 days because mom has to pick up my siblings from soccer and shit
> did i mention i don't have car
>>
I'm sorry you guys im not trying to be difficult but fuck
>>
>>17107156
so walk, take the bus, ride a bike, run

just lie and say you have a car
also liscences are cheap as fuck I just passed my permit test for 35 bucks and all I need is one on-the-road and I'm fully certified
>>
>>17107163
my job is 40 minutes away by car because we live in bumfuck nowhere
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 480x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 480x224px
>>17107156
How much money do they make? If they make enough they could afford to pay for your housing at a school. Alternatively, if you have't already, explain to them that you need a car if you want to get a better job to move out or even go to college
>>
>>17107169
do you have any money saved?
>>
>>17107178
no can't afford to they make me buy my own food
>>17107175
i've expressed this, but my dad just expects my mom to drive me to and from college and she doesn't even want to.. they also say dorms are too expensive
>my dad is truck driver and he makes 70,000 a year so it wouldn't bankrupt him to help me a bit, but he doesn't care
>>
>>17107151
Why make it a last resort? It was my first choice, I joined right out of high school and I was on my own and doing my own thing. I was already fully trained and productive making decent money by the time I was 19. Pick a job that sounds cool and go fucking do it. You don't have to be a door kicker and a face shooter. Work on computers, fix tanks, be a legal aid, cook, helicopter mechanic, or just be a Ranger and shoot mother fuckers in the face. I did it for 10 years, now I'm studying to be an engineer. In your situation you should be seriously considering options like this. But if you really don't want to do it though, don't.
>>
>>17107070
Look at some apartment listings, try to find ones with roommates and split the rent. Take a loan if you have to and pay it off. Save money and spend nothing on anything not a necessity. If you want to move out you're gonna have to shoulder a lot of initial hard work to support it until you make it.
>>
>>17107193
I'll probably try this... the only problem will be finding roommates
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 485x151px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 485x151px
>>17107185
At 70,000 a year he could totally help. I don't know OP, maybe your best bet is convincing them to relax on you
>>
>>17107200
The roommates don't have to be people you know. This would be a good opportunity to make new friends too.
>>
>>17107200
craigslist bro

you need to stop making excuses and just do it. We can't make you want to move out on your own, that has to be you
>>
File: ThisMFisRight.png (220KB, 454x360px) Image search: [Google]
ThisMFisRight.png
220KB, 454x360px
>>17107210
say word
>>
>>17107210
This, we've given you all the available options. There's no magic instant option that will make everything better. It's up to you to take your life into your hands and make it better for yourself.
>>
>>17107070
You sound just like me, OP

Except I can't get a job
>>
>>17107156
A cheap used car that will pass inspection runs about $1000. Even at an average of 20 hours/week at $7.25, it would only take 7 weeks to save up. It's not like you pay taxes when you make that little lol. It's easy as fuck to drive automatic, just man up and do it.
>>
>>17107070
Hate to say it but you'll thank them for not helping you financially later.
You're gonna learn what hard work and money are really worth, not gonna be a douchebag and blow every paycheck on weed now are you?
>look for roommates willing to get small apartment
>check out craigslist under rooms for rent, I got a place for $300/ month, decent people living there
>once you've saved money and moved out get a bike for transport to work (I biked 10 miles each way to work for a while)
>moved out means 7 days availability. Be willing to work any hours, even night shifts
>if college is out of the question then progressively find better and better paying jobs
>Don't expect to be able to afford an apartment on your own unless your full time work and making at least 2-3x the cost of apartment. Be happy with renting single bedroom or having apartment roommates
>Don't worry about finding gf for the first few months of independance, it'll just fuck you up
>don't start on drugs or smoking or any addiction really
>if you're surviving (good food, okay living conditions) then start savings account, put as much away each month as you can
>avoid blowing out entire paycheck on new iphone or some bullshit, don't live paycheck to paycheck
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.