[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you comfortable with people crying around you? Are you comfortable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1431123636209.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1431123636209.gif
1MB, 371x209px
Are you comfortable with people crying around you?

Are you comfortable being the only person in the room with a crying person?

My roommate cries often. She's under a lot of stress at school and life in general, but the smallest thing sets her off. She once thought our fridge was broken and cried about it. I hate being the one who has to console her.

I was cooking this morning for breakfast and she walks in the kitchen telling me how bad her night as last nigh. I could feel the tension and she was about to cry so I nope'd it out of the kitchen with my food.

Am I a bad person for not liking when people cry?
>>
>>17103202

>are you comfortable with people crying around you?

depends on the context but generally sure.

>being the only person in the room with a crying person

see above.

>my roommate cries
>often

i see the issue. yeah constant criers can be hard to deal with cuz you can only be SO supportive before your life is about coddling them. if you care about a person and know theres an end thats okay. but if not and you arent willing to take care of em long term you can feel selfish, wehn in reality you just want yourl ife back.

ive been crying a lot too to be honest.
>>
>>17103211

Well seeing how I am the only other person in this thread, I'm going to have to ask you to stop because it is making me uncomfortable.

Kidding. I just get anxious and stressed around people who cry. I think the worst experience I've had with someone crying was when my mom started sobbing while driving me on a winding mountain road. I was scared for my life.
>>
>>17103230

woof that does sound a bit scary. i dont blame oyu for wanting out cuz shes being triggered by nonsense and there doesnt seem to be an end in sight. suggest therapy to her.
>>
>>17103237

You don't know the context. She was crying because she was talking about my dad and the divorce they went through. She was mostly venting to me because she had nobody to talk to.

I feel like I've been in a lot of crying situations when I think about. First bad experience was when this girl who I made friends with my freshmen year of college strated crying for no reason. She started crying in the public and then ran back to her room. I had no clue what o d and it was startling. I later found out she had anxiety issues. But at the time I didn't know if I was suppose to chase after her to make sure she's okay or just stand there so I followed her dumbly and awkwardly.
>>
>>17103237
>suggest therapy to her.
This'll just make her cry.
>>
>>17103202
>Are you comfortable with people crying around you?
no
>Are you comfortable being the only person in the room with a crying person?
no
i dont judge people for it, but i dont have time for that shit. ive got my own problems to worry about. if theres a solution to be had, great, lets get to it. but if you just sit there and cry without trying to fix anything, i nope right out of there.
>>
File: 6xbDg17.jpg (115KB, 600x664px) Image search: [Google]
6xbDg17.jpg
115KB, 600x664px
>>17103279

That's what I did. She sounded stressed out and even said she was crying early so I just nope'd out of there. I've consoled her in the past, with awkward hugs and pat on the backs but I just dont' know how people handle consoling others.
>>
>>17103279
>>17103298
You guys sound great!

Please do yourselves and everyone else a favor and do not have kids.
>>
>>17103202
You're not a horrible person, it's extremely stressful and overwhelming to deal with- especially if you don't know them very well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.