[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am unhappy in my relationship. I find my boyfriend to be argumentative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (105KB, 1553x1049px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 1553x1049px
I am unhappy in my relationship. I find my boyfriend to be argumentative and immature. In the past two months I have given him a car, bought all his food, and given him over a thousand dollrs becausr he cant pay his rent or for school books. He is still broke and now he attacks me all the time and says he wants to break up because I dont make him happy. He said I dont do enough for him. I just hate him and find him disgusted but I also feel very depressed and broken from this experience.
>>
Are you unhappy in a relationship? Do you think you would be happier outside of this relationship? Then leave it.
>>
>>17102998
So break up with him and move on. He sounds like a little bitch
>>
I just feel like shit.
I provide EVERYTHING for this person and let them live like a king and still it isn't enough? Still I'm not good enough and I'm not doing enough?

What is so wrong with me
>>
File: 1456802418781.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1456802418781.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>17102998
This is what we here call a no-brainer.

You tried to buy love. Guess what motherfucker? It doesn't work like that. Yeah you feel like you've invested a lot into him. You have invested a lot into him. And you know what? None of that has changed the fact he's a lazy, disgusting cunt. Has it?

So do you waste more time, energy, and money on him, or do you cut him the fuck loose and
move on with your life?

Don't think too hard about it.
>>
>>17103025
The reason he's lashing out at you is because you providing for him makes him feel emasculated. He doesn't understand this, so the feelings manifest themselves as impotent rage he takes out on the only person he thinks is going to accept his petty bullshit, that person being you.

The only think you are doing wrong is taking this abuse. Grow up, cut him off, move on with your life, and suddenly you'll find things aren't all that bad anymore.
>>
>>17103025
>I provide EVERYTHING for this person and let them live like a king and still it isn't enough
You can't buy love. If this was a guy who said that he DESERVED a working relationship because he gave X money to a girl then we would call him a faggot. The same goes for you. It matters not whether you gave this person food, a car and over a thousand dollars. There is only one thing that matter: would you be happier outside of this relationship? Then leave it.
>>
>>17103025
Imagine if the genders here were reversed and you were a guy demanding your gf love you because you gave her money.
>>
>>17103028
I didn't try to buy love...
I didn't set out to find some loser and then pay him to love me.
We met 6 years ago a lot younger when money wasn't a factor and he seems to never have grown during that time or gotten his life together, and I didn't want to be some asshole like, "oh, get evicted..." Or "oh, don't eat today..." So I helped out.

Whenever I tried to leave, he always got so sad and told me I was just a money hungry whore like all women and I didn't love him because he is poor.
>>
>>17103041
I'm not demanding that.

I just don't understand how he is telling me after 6 years he doesn't love me while he is broke as fuck and not making any ends meet. What did I do wrong? I haven't changed anything.

And he makes demands on me like that all the time:
I bought you a necklace 3 years ago and now you are telling me you don't like me screaming in your face all the time?? You fucking cunt!
>>
>>17103042
>So I helped out.

A car and over a thousand dollars is more than helping out. You are his sponsor.

>Whenever I tried to leave, he always got so sad and told me I was just a money hungry whore like all women and I didn't love him because he is poor.
And you fell for that shit? Jesus fucking Christ that is the most basic level of emotional manipulation. He's using you, and you're just letting him.

So now you have two options.

Option A
You tell him you're leaving him. You don't try to leave, you tell him you're leaving. Then you leave. And you don't look back. End of fucking story. Walk away with a smile and start that new chapter you oh so very desperately need.

Or

Option B
You roll over and let him stomp on the other side of your face as well.

Your call.
>>
>>17103042
>Whenever I tried to leave, he always got so sad and told me I was just a money hungry whore like all women and I didn't love him because he is poor.
And so you stayed with him? Is the meme about girls loving guys who treat them like shit really true?
>>
>>17103065
Daddy issues. Guaran-fucking-tee it.
>>
Well it is more complicated then just leaving.

But yes I think in retrospect that is way too much money and things to do for someone who gives me almost nothing in return.

He just started electricians apprentice though whereas I am about to go on the job market after finishing my PhD and so far it doesnt look great.

We were supposed to be living as a family and I thought as a family you help out the other person but I am starting to feel ripped off now... All the anger and demands on top of it. He gets mad about the STUPIDEST shit and breaks things in the house (everything in the place belongs to me).

It doesnt seem to me like he is going to make it far in the union or that it is ever going to pay very much and I am starting to want out. I tried to break up with him last week and he threatened to kill himself.

Now today he is saying I dont make him happy and he wants to dump me. Is he mentally ill? I don't understand... I am pretty, well educated, financially stable, and funny. I don't ever get any foreplay because he is a very selfish lover and I put up with it. What the fuck is he so unhappy about?
>>
>>17103074
Yea my dad fucks hella prostitutes and it hurts me that he looks at women in such a way and throws all his money at them.

Also i am adopted so I never knew my real parents
>>
>>17103097
>bf says extremely emotionally manipulating things like threats of suicide if I leave him
>now he said more emotionally manipulating things
>why did he do that
Probably so he can emotionally manipulate you. Do you really have a doctorate?
>>
>>17103097
>I tried to break up with him last week and he threatened to kill himself.

You know what I love about this thread and your situation? You get a very unique experience here. You, as a woman, now know exactly what many men go through when they end up dating a crazy bitch.

Your boyfriend is basically the bipolar cunt stereotype. You pay for everything and he does nothing. He relies on you entirely but doesn't actually love you. He breaks your shit when he's upset. When you claim to be unhappy and want to leave he threatens suicide. He is the archetypal crazy bitch girlfriend, and you got that experience first hand. I'm told being a male is a privilege so you now share in the privilege! Well done!

I'm getting too tangential here. He's a crazy immature bastard and you need to get as far away from him as possible. End it. If he threatens to kill himself tell him to fuck off, it's just for attention. Or if you want to fuck with him a little call the police and have him sectioned for his own safety. Either way get out of there. It's not more complicated than just leaving. That's all there is to be done. He's not your fucking problem and you're not his mother. He's a grown man. He can start fucking acting like it.
>>
>>17103120
>>17103120
history not psychology...

Its just hard for me to see him as this evil person. Sometimes he can be very loving. I don't understand what the end game is for him.

Also when I met him I was very enthusiastic about understading the working class and I guess I always gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Now I am in so deep it is very confusing. And the only options are: leave and temporarily move back in with my mom, he will be unable to pay for his rent and will be evicted. That is only even possible if I can get my name off the lease which seems unlikely. Or stay and keep supporting him because he will physically and verbally assault me if I let him starve and he is a fucking picky beggar too nothing is ever good enough
>>
>>17103131
Well he has called the police on his own damn self when I refused to let him borrow my car. Nuts.

Also he can become physically violent and if I was to really try to call the cops or leave he would most likely hurt me and destroy all my valuables before I could get them out of there.

So - its like lose completely everything I own, gut out til the end of the lease in September and then dissapear, or try to make things work.
>>
>>17103136
Not evil, crrrrazy. There is a difference.

>when I met him I was very enthusiastic about understanding the working class
This just keeps getting better and better. Look at your lease, there will be terms for ending it early. Stop making excuses.
>>
Honestly I would love to sign up for a dating website or something just to see that there are other men out there who might be more mature and share similar interests because my social life has totally shrank due to his jealousy and bad behavior and I could never speak or talk with another guy. Even a coworker if my boyfriend saw me he would flip out.

But if he found out I was on a dating site he might legitimatly kill me.
>>
>>17103145
Alright, fuck it, you are beyond help. You know why I say that?

>or try to make things work

You still see this as an option. Right after saying that he's physically violent and will harm you and destroy your property you still see working the relationship out as an option.

You dumb fucking cunt. Grow a goddamn spine. Not a single person on this Earth is going to respect you if you don't respect yourself. This motherfucker is walking all over you, and you've kept asking what you've been doing wrong, and what you've been doing wrong is letting him.

Good luck. Hopefully won't see your corpse on the news.
>>
>>17103157
Well yes for terminating the lease. But he claims he wants to stay ina furniture less apartment all alone with no food so we would need them to cross my name off the lease which the landlord wont do.

Also obviously when he stopped paying I am sire somehow our crappy management would find a way to try to get money from me.
>>
>>17103173
This is the part where you get a lawyer.
>>
>>17103169
Well At some point doesnt this dude have to grow up???

I guess my other option is to stop feeding him but i mean any time we have broken up in the past he has hunted me down and harassed me until i took him back...
>>
>>17103177
Ya but his dumb cunt mom is a lawyer and she wants me to support him so she always treatens to counter sue
>>
>>17103181
>Well At some point doesnt this dude have to grow up???

No. No he doesn't.
>>
File: ADV.png (294KB, 1263x2751px) Image search: [Google]
ADV.png
294KB, 1263x2751px
Time is a circle.
>>
>>17103025
that's a hallmark of an abusive relationship. you are not obligated to give him anything. if he can't support himself then he should live with his parents or a friend. if he's treating you like shit then he does not deserve anything you give him. Kick him out. if he snivels, don't fall for it. that's just emotional manipulation. the longer you let him do this the worst it'll get.
>>
>>17103193
kek'd hard, startled my dog
>>
>>17102998
Well if you stay with him it's your own fault
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.