[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /adv/, I need some help. I'm basically a social outcast.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 20160423_122557.jpg (651KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160423_122557.jpg
651KB, 1920x1080px
Ok /adv/, I need some help.
I'm basically a social outcast. I just moved to a new city a few months ago. On top of that, my girlfriend broke up with me right before I left to do some national guard stuff in Germany so she could go fuck another guy. That took a huge blow to my self esteem. I'm in shape, I exercise regularly,I have a great passing job, and a great apartment. Basically what I'm asking is how do I make friends? Especially when I hate my fucking millennial generation? I don't know what is wrong with me. Pic related, it's me.
>>
I apologize for the misspelling, I meant great paying job. I'm on mobile.
>>
*tips fedora back*
>>
Find hobbies, especially social hobbies. Take classes in things you want to learn/enjoy.. Learn to cold approach random strangers and have random conversations. Appearance doesn't mean shit once you can get 5 minutes of a conversation.
>>
>>17098719
Do you exercise at a gym? Develop a regular schedule and start talking to people who share your schedule. It's a completely legit way to start a conversation: "Hey, I see you here at the same time like every day? Do you get off work at this time too?" (or whatever thing is unique about the time you go).

Go to bars and talk to older people about how much you hate Millennials. Older people usually have more money and experience, and you can learn from them.

Look for local classes on things you want to learn from a community college. It's inexpensive and an automatic social group with common interests (and in many classes, you are required to do group work, so bonus).

Finally, don't think of things you want to do and try to find people who want to do them with you, but do things you want to do and get to know the people who are already doing them. That's a subtle, but important, perspective shift.
>>
>>17098719
Go active and realize how much you hate life and live out the rest of your existence in the military.

That's my plan.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.