[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey, /adv/, im kind of in a huge fucking rut. my entire life,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: QuadFastestGrowing.jpg (120KB, 700x440px) Image search: [Google]
QuadFastestGrowing.jpg
120KB, 700x440px
hey, /adv/, im kind of in a huge fucking rut.

my entire life, ive never gotten good grades. i know if i apply myself, i can get good grades but im always too sad or depressed or fucking LAZY to try

highschool my grades were shit. i studied for my SAT and i got a good grade (not great, but good) and i got accepted into the uni that i wanted to go to, but not the study that i wanted to do. applied for mechanical engineering, got engineering technologies or some shit like that.

so i'm currently going to community college. i got financial aid, so i'm getting paid to go basically.

i got shit grades again first semester. got a D in chemistry, when i need at least a B. had like a 2.4 GPA i believe. something like that. barely made the cutoff for acceptance of getting FAFSA, so they sent me a warning that if i get shit grades again, i wont get FAFSA again until i work something out with them...

i'm currently in my second semester, and i'm getting shit grades again. missing assignments, getting shit test grades, etc.

how fucked am i? do i have any chance of repairing my future? im scared as fuck of becoming a failure in life, i know im basically fueling that fire but is there any hope for me if i try my best to fix it now? do i have any chance at all at getting a scholarship and getting into engineering at the school i want to go to? right now, i feel like a fucking joke talking about engineering but i really want to see if i still have the chance.

thanks, /adv/. any advice on how to fix my shit would be really helpful too.
>>
anyone?

tl:dr

ive got shit grades in highschool, go to community college, get shit grades in two semesters. am i fucked?
>>
>>17097138
If you're getting shit grades because you're lazy that's your problem. You have to find something that motivates you enough to do all of the assignments and study for the exams.

If you are getting shit grades because you're not understanding something you may want to reach out and see if you can get some tutoring or help.
>>
Stop doing this senpai. Go make a schedule and force yourself to apply it. Don't hide behind depression/laziness because they're convenient scapegoats. You might get this a lot but go work out, find a group of friends or something else that you can focus on. You're getting a wonderful chance anon, don't blow it.
>>
>>17097138

its easy to say
>IM ACTUALLY SUPER SMART IM JUST ABOVE WORKING

its not the reality though. if you were actually smart you'd know that the benefits outweigh the laziness.

TL;DR you're actually dumb and just convinced yourself you are lazy.
>>
Well you only have three options.

1) Stop being a lazy fuck and do your work.

2) Quit school, take time to grow up, then go back when you're capable of not being a lazy fuck.

3) Accept your failure and enjoy working for minimum wage for the next 30-40 years.
>>
>>17097138
well you already know your problem, you are not committed enough to your education. i suggest learning how to balance your time. spend some time each day studying and then reward yourself. i done really bad in high school but i started to apply myself in university and now i am doing pretty well
>>
Honestly bro, shape the hell up, or drop out and get a job instead. A few years of grind and you'll be ready to go back to school and apply yourself.
>>
>>17097138
This happens to most people. A lot of the time freshman students fuck around and skip class. They end up failing and dropping out. Some of them com back after a year or two and do better.
>>
>>17097871

Basically this. If it TURNS OUT that you're just some misunderstood genius, just wait 10 years. Actually, just wait 5. Wait until it all sinks in how badly you fucked yourself over. Then, after wasting all those years for absolutely no reason, you can try again, and this time not be a massive retard.
>>
>>17097138
>he fell for the STEM meme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.