[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice in figuring out what the hell to do with my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1462073661776.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462073661776.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
I need advice in figuring out what the hell to do with my life

I'm 20 and studying electrical engineering, in my second year. I have a 3.4 GPA but frankly don't seem to care much for what I'm learning. My peers all seem pretty excited by engineering stuff but I am sort of ambivalent to the whole thing. This obviously is probably not the best attitude to have if I want to do this for a living

If I could start college over, I'd do accounting. But I feel like to switch now would be to have wasted two years. I also think that I lack the social skills needed for accounting and since I haven't gotten an internship I'd be really far behind

I'd like to get adv's thoughts on my situation. I tried talking to someone about this in person and they think I am just depressed since I seem in their eyes to have an ambivalent attitude towards everything and that most folks in my situation would be happy. If it matters at all I go to a top 2 UC school
>>
There are people in their mid 20s and older only just starting. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life hating what you do because you don't want to have wasted two measly years?
>>
>>17096034
you're depressed, figure out how to get a handle on it then you'll be fine. whatever originally got you into engineering will come back
>>
Same here. Wanna talk?
>>
so many people shift majors, and you're still in the second year. do it. if you have the chance to, the money to do it, and if you feel you're going in the right direction, do it.

but i dunno if you're depressed or just disillusioned by the methods of teaching. the subject itself is never exactly the same as its teacher or curriculum. maybe the academic aspect of it is what you dislike, not the actual engineering. pedagogically speaking, college never has been perfect. that shouldn't bring you down if you appreciated the subject matter.

you might be able to take a year or a sem off if you ask your campus counselor. they might have that kind of thing. re-explore what got you into engineering and you'll find your answer whether to stay or shift. do textbooks, read abstracts, and keep up with current breakthroughs in engineering.
>>
Jesus christ I feel like I wrote this. I was literally making a thread just like this earlier, then stopped and noticed this one.

Same predicament as OP.

I feel directionlesss.
>>
>>17096034
Seems like you compare yourself to others in life and aren't happy with yours in comparison. Probably don't have a girlfriend, or passionate hobby. I'm guessing you're not confident in yourself, i recommend growing up and finishing your studies with a goal in mind. Think about the qualification you'll have, job, money and how you can use that money on w/e in the future.

Grow up kid.
>>
>>17097451
>being a scalar in your 20s
>>
File: 1461572608572.png (207KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
1461572608572.png
207KB, 480x468px
>it's a person in a better position than most people thinks he's in a shitty position episode
>>
and what if you switch over to accounting and find you don't like that either?
>>
>>17096034
You can get a degree later, so take ease with that.

You should slow down a bit and see what really moves you. Something definitely does but you're not taking the time out to understand.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.