[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 y.o. >Freelancer. >I still living with my parents.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (58KB, 358x884px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 358x884px
>25 y.o.
>Freelancer.
>I still living with my parents.
>My family makes me very difficult to work and I want to work calmly.
>My parents say that I don't work because I don't leave home.

Do any of you leave home without steady work , being freelance ?

How much budget is required to rent an apartment or at least a place where I can work without being distracted ?

What I can do?

>Sorry my bad english btw
>>
Get reliable work, part-time. Enough for rent and food. Work on your free-lancing in the meantime. Select an apartment that will be easy to pay for with your part-time job.
>>
>>17091037
Depending on where you live, you may not be able to afford a place to live "distraction-free".

I freelance and rent my own place, but I'm in a city where all my clients are. So I have to deal with crazy high rent, and neighbors all around with yippy dogs, drug addicts, crazy old ladies and homeless people. Invest in a good set of earmuffs if you need peace and quiet.

Or rent cheaply living with a bunch of roommates (although you'll hate having your privacy get taken away) and work out of a library or coffeeshop type of place if you don't need to be on the phone, talking to clients and stuff.
>>
>>17091037
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Freelance is just another word for unemployed. Get a job, fucknuts.
>>
>>17091037
What kind of work do you do and where are you from?

If America, go to a public library for work. They have free WIFI and quiet.
>>
>>17091134
Freelancer laughs at Corporate Tool who is being exploited and will always have a lower salary due to relative overhead.

Keep suckling at your company's teat instead of hustling your own income, douchbag
>>
>>17091037
Same here. I work as a music composer and as a translator, but lots of shady jobs here. I even got a few on 4chan. I wish there was some legit place where I don't need to shill that much, just work and get stuff done.
>>
Go outside. I work on benches by the beach, a brewery, or the library sometimes
>>
>>17091168
Says the guy who still lives with his mom.
>>
>>17091388
Hahaha!! Says the femanon in a 2 bedroom with 1099 revenue over $200k annually.
>>
>>17091400
It always amuses me when people try to brag about how great their life is here. Reality check doll, it's Friday night and you're on 4chan.
>>
>>17091400
What do you do?
>>
>>17091415
Gettin' paid for setting up and running simulations while I can entertain myself reading your shitposts, friend. I wasn't bragging before, but was amused how wrong your assumptions were. But good job. I was distracted and fell for your bait.
>>
>>17091435
>bait

Wasn't bait, I just assumed you were OP given the circumstances. Everything somebody might say that you dislike isn't automatically bait, sweetheart.
>>
>>17091415
>doll
>>17091447
>sweetheart

cringe. pls stop
>>
>>17091427
Financial modeling for institutional investors. It's been a strong few years for private equity (tons of M&A activity) and it's super cheap for them to since I'm not on their payroll. And my fees are inconsequential to the returns they anticipate getting.
>>
>>17091454
Anything for you, sugarplum.
>>
>>17091461
Sounds like a sweet niche. I'm slumming it as a webdev.
>>
File: 1460640212205.jpg (16KB, 622x387px) Image search: [Google]
1460640212205.jpg
16KB, 622x387px
>>17091461
>Financial modeling
You know what, I'm a TA for a certain math class and I can easily test if this is true.
Pic is 3 rooms. A mouse is in one room and a cat is in another room. Each minute the doors to the rooms are opened just long enough to allow movement to adjacent room. Half of the time when the doors are opened, the cat doesn’t leave its room. The same is true for the mouse. When either the cat or mouse moves, it randomly chooses its next room.
Determine the probability the cat catches the mouse with each possible starting position and the amount of time passed.

The exercise above is typical for undergrad in my class, doesn't require any sophisticated reasoning. Which mean it should be similar to your daily work.
>>
>>17091037
Contractor reporting in. Don't report in your 1099 forms to the IRS, fuggem. If you wanna do freelance work for real, make sure your skills are worth the money and most importantly time. Show your parents hard cold proof that you are earning an income while staying at home, specially if they are the traditional kind that only see physical labor as a means of income.
>>
>>17091871
I'll keep polishing my skills, but it's hard to find online job offers. Any tips for that?
>>
>>17091400
>>17091037
Wait, are you two the same people?

Because if so yeah gtfo your parents house they probably give you shit because you make too damn much to slum around the house like a NEET and they want to fuck without their grown ass kid lurking around.
>>
>>17091037
Take your laptop to a library or Starbucks and work there.
>>
>>1709201
>Starbucks
>Drinking overpriced water with coffee while you work around hipsters and normies and contribute to globalisation.
Nigger this better be bait.
>>
>>17091989
Don't shill here and everything will be fine
>>
>>17091989
Pls respond
>>
>>17093511
What do you do?
>>
>>17091383
this is the only correct answer
u cant focus in a family house
go to a library
>>
>>17093590
Compose digitally and translate stuff.
>>
>>17091400
Don't worry I got the joke

I thought it was funny.

Someone got the joke.
>>
>>17091037
left home at 25 1 week after graduation with 3k in my pocket. never looked back.
>>
Try libraries or cafes or someplace.
>>
>>17094233
How are you faring? Any tips? How old are you now?
>>
>>17091871
Have fun paying your taxes, interest and penalties when you finally get caught for tax evasion
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.