[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does starvation hurt? It doesn't feel that bad being hungry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1402948567431.jpg (54KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1402948567431.jpg
54KB, 300x350px
Does starvation hurt? It doesn't feel that bad being hungry so I might aswell stop eating all together and end my shitty life already.
>>
Of course it does. Starving people in third world countries even take painkillers just to soothe the hunger pains.
>>
That's a pretty dumb way to kill yourself. Stop being retarded and live life normally
>>
>>17089709
as someone with anorexia nervosa; nope! no pain. my teeth feel a little loose and my immune system is shot; but the stats say i will die of complications like organ failure or heart disease in about ten yrs.

guess it depends on how srsly you starve yourself, for how long it takes, and if any asshole fambly will commit you to treatment

garbage bag over head and tied firmly around neck asphyxiates. you basically fall asleep with a sort of headache and don't wake up.

i guess the moral thing to say is 'don't do it", but honestly, i respect your option to lie down and call it quits. it is none of my business what other people do with their bodies, so long as they don't hurt anyone else.
>>
>>17089722
You're mentally ill, so no one should listen to you
>>
So I did a google on people who actually tried this and got

>To those saying that it causes great pain…this is wrong. After the third day, you lose any sense of hunger for the most part. The stomach has shrunk to the point of needing to fill a void. I find it much easier to resist the urge of hunger than that of thirst.

>After about a week, you reach a point of exhaustion to the point where you don’t want to do anything. After about 2 weeks (where I currently am), you have strength still to move around and function normally, but you can definitely feel your senses dulling a bit. My vision isn’t as acute and I find it difficult to really focus my eyes. My sense of taste (I still drink coffee, water and tea) and smell have definitely dulled as well. I would say I’ve only shed about 20lbs however, so those thinking you will lose massive weight before death, don’t expect it. It’s a drawn out process, but probably the easiest…like most easy things however, it generally takes longer. I expect it to take another 3-5 weeks to be quite honest (dependent on whether medical complications speed it up or not).

>In essence, I find this much more preferable way to actually commit suicide. It’s virtually painless, and survival instinct doesn’t get in the way as much as many say it does.

It sounds very nice, I hope that's not bullshit because it reads very sincere, I might actually try this out.

>>17089722
Thank you for the informative post.
>>
>>17089709

Nope. I went 10 days eating nothing once, can confirm after day three you just feel weak and sensations of hunger largely dry up.
>>
>>17089735
Won't be an effective way to suicide at all, unless you lock yourself where no one can find you for a few days to wrap it up. You'll collapse but still be quite alive, they'll take you to the hospital and pump you full of IV nutrients and everyone will BAWWWW over you.

But that's what you really want anyway, as we all know damn well.
>>
Why not try for enjoying your favourite foods instead? Something to look forward to until it is all over. I want to lose weight and be prettier but food is one of the only things I look forward to anymore through the depression and loneliness, so I'm like always fluctuating 10-20 lbs overweight.

Maybe you could gorge yourself into cardiac arrest more easily. Takes less willpower.
>>
>>17089712

They're doing it wrong by occasionally eating something, keeps your digestive system running and is much more uncomfortable than quitting food cold turkey.
>>
>>17089750
Nigga what holds me back is me being to much of a coward to actively take my life, not because I crave relationships

>>17089759
>try for enjoying your favourite foods
This anon >>17089763 stated what worries me, ocassionally eating something might make me want to eat a whole lot more and fuck my inside up

>>17089744
Thanks for the info. Could you walk around by day 10, if I may ask?
>>
>>17089712
[citation needed]
>>
Not sure about severity of pain, but slowly dying from starvation fucks with your brain pretty hard. Judging by one Leningrad Blockade survivor's memoirs, you get fascinated with food to the point of obsession, like thinking for hours about that one food item (say, a slice of bread) that you squandered years ago or reading culinary books for fun. Of course you would have eaten everything remotely edible by that point (like your cat or cough medicine).

Doubt you have the willpower to overcome this and actually starve yourself.
>>
It feels like your stomach is eating you alive. Literally, one of the worst ways to die.
>>
>>17089712

how do they get pain killers if they can't get food?
>>
>>17089781
>Thanks for the info. Could you walk around by day 10, if I may ask

Could walk around pretty good and probably could have lasted a lot longer. Running, lifting and carrying were pretty out though.
>>
>>17089709

It's a slow way of dying, and you will get hunger cramps and your body will get weaker and weaker and you will have dizzyness attacks and it's all rather unpleasant.

Much quicker to just throw yourself off a tall building or bridge.

Starving to death is basically a cry for help, so you might as well consider getting help
>>
>>17089847
This
>>
>>17089847
>>17091923
Most "famine" is a manufactured state wherein due to political powerplay and other despicable measures, there are storehouses full of rotting food while inches away people starve. It's not a matter of "can't get food because there is no food" it's more a matter of "their government has manufactured some deeply bullshit reasons as to why they are not allowed food". Basically imagine the bullshit corn subsidy and its effects in the US, except it's not just the corn. Access to pharmaceuticals probably carries some other political benefits.

As a broad example, during the Irish Potato Famine, people didn't die because there was no food. People died because they no longer owned/had access to any land upon which they could produce food they wholly owned. At the peak of famine, Britain was enjoying all of the wheat and dairy they could get from Ireland.
>>
I'm not sure I got to the point of starvation, but at least I reached the point where I was almost unable to get up without falling flat on my face and everything smelled the exact same (and soon after, I started eating again and for a good while the taste would be the same as well, I had wondered if I lost that sense)

I just would go for different ways though. I didn't like it regardless of pain.
>>
dumbest fucking way to suicide, slow as fuck, uncomfy as fuck, dehydratation causes severe headaches etc etc
>>
Now, what would be the most comfortable way of dying?
>>
>>17092673
Anesthesia OD.
>>
Read up the Holodomor OP. People started eating tree bark and roots. Then they ate their pets. Then they ate the wallpaper. Then the raiding parties for soft children's meat started. Starvation drives you insane, don't do it.
>>
I fast for religious reasons once in a while. Most I ever went was 10 days. After about day 4 you stop being hungry. Really fatigued, but not hungry. I guess that's not quite "starvation," but it's close.
>>
>>17089709
go ahead, but if it doesn't work you'll have severe brain damage. if you really want to die there's better ways to do it. or you can get help
>>
>>17092673
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentobarbital
>>
I've had a stomach bug on three different occasions.
Each time I started feeling better, there was a horrible
pain that I knew was from me not eating for the past
few days. Eating will make the pain go away, but it's
never quite fast enough. Probably the worst pain I
have ever experienced. You have never felt starved.
>>
It gets more and more painful over time and your body starts to hurt and you may or may not suffer from diarrhea or constipation after some point while starving.

I know from it happening often, shoot yourself or something, or maybe jump from really high. It's scary I know but after you let go you wont really have a choice in the matter.

Or get over whatever is making you want to die some how.

Good luck either way.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.