[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting married next month and the bachelorette party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (38KB, 290x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 290x300px
I'm getting married next month and the bachelorette party looks like it won't end up happening.
My sister/MOH is very busy and doesn't have time to plan for/attend a bachelorette party, so I let another bridesmaid plan it, but she's being really passive about it and no one is showing interest.

My 21st birthday went kinda similarly in that everyone forgot and I was left "celebrating" with my immediate family, feeling very let down. I also suffer from depression and I was dreading my 21st for months because I knew that was going to happen, to the point that I literally because suicidal and didn't want to live to see my birthday.
>>
>>17079199
Congrats OP. I can't make it to the party but I wish you the best.
>>
I'm at a loss for how to respond to my friends and to my own expectations.

I feel like a failure that I don't have friends who care enough, but simultaneously claim they do care.
>>
>>17079199

>im getting married
>i have depression

lol this is hilarious.
>>
These kinds of traditions should end anyway. You're not actually having your "last night single" if you're about to get married.
It's just a conspiracy single people came up with to try to sabotage a relationship by getting the guy/girl drunk and encouraging them to cheat.
>>
>>17079199
What exactly do you expect from this party? You sound like an introvert so do you even want a big party? How about you post some nudes, guys here will do the same (as "exotic dancers") and call it a party?
>>
Maybe your friends/family just aren't the type for parties and you're being silly.

Why do you need one?
>>
>>17079230
As funny as you think that sounds, I used to cw on /soc/ a few years ago
>>
>>17079232
Maybe they aren't the type for parties for me. Certainly they haven't objected/appeared disappointed when I've planned them events.
>>
>>17079241
I'm not hearing a "no."
>>
>>17079247
Maybe they're not the type for planning events? Not everyone enjoys planning parties, and it's a huge time investment if you want to make it good.
>>
>>17079248
It's a SFW board though
>>
>>17079256
So post on /soc/ and link here? Your fiancée would not appreciate this and I don't know why you're even entertaining it.
>>
>>17079262
>your fiance would not appreciate this
He doesn't give s shit for 2 reasons:
1. He's not the jealous type
2. We aren't sexually active, he's asexual/not interested in sex with me

Yes, you heard that right. I have low enough self esteem that I'm marrying someone I barely have sex with.
>>
>>17079276
So what even is this marriage? You don't need to get married to share a rent check.
>>
>>17079276
Your asexual too right? Because if you aren't then the reason your friends don't want to throw a bachelorette party is because your marraige is a mistake homey.
>>
>>17079281
Our families are from the same cultural background and they are in support of us getting married.
We actually already bought a house together and a dog.
>>
>>17079304
No, I'm not asexual, but the friends aren't aware that we don't have sex.
>>
>>17079276
Do you enjoy being miserable or something? You're already depressed and you're putting yourself in idiotic situations like marrying a sexless guy or putting your happiness on your friends and then getting mad when they unsurprisingly fail to live up to your expectations.
>>
>>17079316
You're gonna kill yourself before you divorce him. What the actual fuck is going on in your head?
>>
>>17079318
Do I enjoy being miserable? No.

I honest with myself that a lot of shitty stuff happens to me and I shouldn't take for granted the good things in my life.
>>
>>17079276
Does that mean he is okay with you having sex with other guys? Or does he expect you to be without sex for the rest of your life?
>>
>>17079340
We've actually discussed this/seen my therapist together regarding this.

He doesn't want me to date other guys. He's okay with me having protected sex with guys I clear with him in advance.
>>
>>17079336
But from reading this thread and your comments YOU set yourself up for shitty things to happen to you.
>>
>>17079336
You've yet to explain the good part of marrying a guy who doesn't want to be physical with you when being physical is one of the main points of marriage. You also didn't miss a beat at offering nudes of yourself, which paints you as an unfaithful whore who shouldn't be getting married anyway.

>>17079351
What the fuck?
>>
File: BOgRqvu.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BOgRqvu.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
> mfw this thread
>>
>>17079352
I've been told, on the contrary, that I just don't appreciate things enough.
>>
>>17079357
If this was on soc it'd be different, but they don't allow "life" threads anymore
>>
>>17079360
Check on who is telling you this.

Marriage should be something you are passionate about. To go through with it, you should be madly in love and not want to live without this person.

You sound like ideal roommates. So be roommates.
>>
>>17079351
I have a feeling we're going to be seeing you on /soc/ hookup threads quite a lot in the future...
>>
>>17079377
It wouldn't be the first "sham" marriage in history. It's not unheard of for a gay man to marry a woman just to get the parents off his back. And then both have their own sex lives. This doesn't sound too different.
>>
>>17079360
I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you sabotage yourself. You can simotaniously not appreciate the good things and sabotage yourself into having more bad things.
>>
>>17079351
Why are you even having a bachelorette party when you aren't going to stop having sex with random men? The point of the party is that you're supposed to be 100% faithful afterward.
>>
>>17079444
That's your perception of what it should be...I just wanted to go out for drinks with friends.
>>
>>17079486
So invite them out?
>>
>>17079444
Nobody's bachelorette parties are even like that lmao
It's usually just a girls night
>>
>>17079489
I did. Everyone declined for one reason or another.
>>
>>17079500
And what's preventing you from scheduling it another time? It doesn't sound like marriage is going to change your life all that much so why not just have a night out?
>>
>>17079506
It's scheduled for the same night as my fiancé's bachelor party.
Idk why I'm getting the urge to cancel and just have sex with this guy I've seen on and off for a couple years that night.
>>
>>17079514
You are not marriage material.
>>
>>17079199
Get over your ego
Take drugs or something
Jesus Christ
>>
>>17079521
She is, for a guy who doesn't want to have sex with her.
>>
>>17079521
After hearing this, why are you surprised I settled?
>>
>>17079526
Or for a cuck
>>
You can only hear you're not good enough a certain number of times before you take it to heart and truly believe you don't deserve to find a match and should just be lucky someone wants to be with you.
>>
>>17079540
You aren't settling though. You're planning to cheat on him during his bachelor party.
>>
>>17079654
I thought we just established that the whole culture of bachelor/bachelorette parties promotes cheating.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.