[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 >Have fiancee who I've been with for 6 years,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1452394970317.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452394970317.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>25
>Have fiancee who I've been with for 6 years, she is 24
>She was diagnosed with schizophrenia two months ago
>We're supposed to be getting married in a month

The meds she is on currently, sort of make her zombie ish. She's going to college and stuff, mostly night classes to work on her bachelor's that I drive her to and from, and she is struggling pretty hard. She used to not have any issues, but now she is failing all her classes. She tries to play it off, but I know she is having a really hard time.

I asked her if she wanted to postpone getting married, to figure things out, and she gave me a quick and adamant no. Pre meds, she was in fact hallucinating. Any time she was, she would tell me, and I would keep her distracted. Now on meds, hallucinations gone, but they've put her into this strange depressed state. She'll often wake up at like 8 am, and be up til 6 am the next day. She is lucky if she gets 3-4 hours a night most nights, and the later in the day/night it gets, the more depressed she seems to be.

We live together, both of us worked for a while to buy ourselves a decent condo. What do I do at this point? How can I better support her? I sort of feel lost here. She's made it really clear she still has every intention of marrying me, but I don't know. I just feel bad about all this.

Any advice at all, regarding any of it? I figured there might not be, but might as well try anyways.
>>
I assume she is on anti-psychotics, which inhibit dopamine. This will explain the behavior. Has she been tested for toxoplasmosis? or has she ever tried cutting out caffeine as in some rare cases it has been reported that it can bring about schizophrenic symptoms in certain people.
>>
>>17013947
>Has she been tested for toxoplasmosis?

She has actually, and it was neg. Also she consumes little to no caffeine at all, always been that way.
>>
>>17013958
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201103/wheat-and-schizophrenia

Has she cut out wheat?

Also with the caffeine you have to be completely abstinent. That means chocolate & most soda too.
>>
>>17013969
No soft drinks at all. She's an avid bottled water fan. No history of celiac's either. But I could talk to her about cutting wheat out completely.
>>
>>17013978
Just a few things to think about really, also if she tests negative for celiac in the bloods it doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't have it, it can take quite a lot of extensive testing before actually getting a proper diagnosis.

Apparently in Russia they have had really good results from controlled fasting, but it is Russia so I would be skeptical but here is something to read in your spare time to see what's what.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1974/pdf/1974-v03n04-p301.pdf

I wish you luck man, you seem to have your head on straight and have been doing everything possible so far. I would also research minerals and how they can effect psychosis. Magnesium is very chemically similar to lithium, which has been used in some cases where lithium hasn't worked with results. Also the amino acid l-taurine has had some hits on its anti-psychotic properties but needing more research.
>>
>>17013995
Alright, I'll look into those things, and I'm pretty familiar with celiac's. My mother has a super severe case of it.

Thanks for the info.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.