[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can one overcome a massive, irrational fear of men without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (764KB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
764KB, 3771x2121px
How can one overcome a massive, irrational fear of men without getting dangerously close?
>>
Therapy.
>>
>>17008845
What am I supposed to tell them?
>>
>>17008859
>How can one overcome a massive, irrational fear of men without getting dangerously close
>>
>>17008872
But it doesn't limit my functional life and doesn't make me unable to work.
>>
File: 1386147701873.jpg (193KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1386147701873.jpg
193KB, 500x700px
>>17008877

>But it doesn't limit my functional life and doesn't make me unable to work.

If its not an issue at all and doesn't limit your functional life they you can close your computer now and go about your day because you don't need our help.

However, if this massive irrational fear is an issue at all then you need therapy. When you get there, tell him/her you have a massive irrational fear of men and they can and will help you. They're professionals for a reason.

I think the first thing you have to do is acknowledge you have an issue because you literally said you had a problem and then three posts later flip flopped and said you didn't have one so you seem conflicted to say the least.

Decide to get help. If you're not ready to decide then go about your day.
>>
bitch, you're already too close.
>>
>>17008911
It's not massive, really. I don't fear all men at all times. I'm just worried about getting molested if I'm left alone in the same room with one. That makes dating hard.

But relationships aren't vital and you first need to be happy alone before you deserve to be loved.
>>
>>17008927
> you first need to be happy alone before you deserve to be loved.
brutal and untrue.
>>
>>17008932
Then how do I find a boyfriend?
>>
>>17008932
Nah its true.

Someone who can't love themselves hurts those that love them by pushing them away or lashing out at them.
>>
>>17008927

>I'm just worried about getting molested if I'm left alone in the same room with one. That makes dating hard.

Why do you want a relationship exactly?
>>
>>17008927
This is what modern feminism has done to women

Jesus Christ man
>>
>>17008950
How do you love yourself when you objectively know you're not worth much at all?

>>17008958
Warmth and closure and the joy of loving and being loved in return.
>>
>>17008842
You can't. The only way to overcome fear is to face it head-on. This doesn't mean you have to flood yourself: no one ever cured their arachnophonia by sticking their hands in a bucket of spiders. But if you want to not be afraid, it'll never happen.

Courage isn't when you aren't scared. It's when you ARE scared, but you do it anyway. Be brave.
>>
File: 1456650087592-b.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1456650087592-b.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
>>17008967
There's a bunch of guys other there that want exactly that.

Gotta let your guard down eventually. If you're cute guys will approach you. Or your friends can set you up seeing as they know the person that would probably not do something you're scared of.
>>
>>17008972
Um, that should be "if you WAIT to not be afraid, it'll never happen".
>>
Study them in the wild in their native environment. Bring a sherpa, food to last several days, warm clothes, and a weapon of your choosing. Report to your local feminist embasy when finished for debriefing and further instructions.
>>
>>17008972
>no one ever cured their arachnophonia by sticking their hands in a bucket of spiders

Exposure is actually really effective. It allows the phobic person to see that everything was okay and the world didn't actually end.
>>
>>17008972
So I should just go somewhere I might get dicked and hope it won't happen?

>>17008974
I don't have any friends who have any male friends, and it's rude to talk to strangers where I'm from.
>>
>>17008993
>rude to talk to strangers

Let me guess

South East Asia
>>
>>17008999
eastern europe.

The only people who'll come talking to you are beggars and you're not supposed to talk to them.
>>
>>17009025
>>17009025

Well how do all your friends and shit have boyfriends, how did they meet?
>>
>>17008842

First post got it in one.

Therapy.

My girlfriend was raped and tortured by her father growing up. She has both physical and mental scars from it.

Years of therapy.

She somehow circumvented it with me, but even now she still occasionally gets nervous being around guys by herself (and you DO NOT approach her from behind--unless you want to be jabbed with a pen she keeps in her hair).

Somewhat relatedly, I myself was cripplingly anxious growing up. I just forced myself to put myself out there, one small step at a time, until I learned that the fear itself was actually more terrifying (and limitingly toxic) than any ACTUAL consequence or occurrence.

Years and years of therapy. And putting yourself out there, one small step at a time.
>>
>>17009039
How did she find you? How does one get a boyfriend while scared of being fucked?
>>
Half a year have passed, and you're still making these threads.
Why?
>>
>>17009091
I am still lonely and don't know what to do.

The doctor agreed that my head isn't in a normal and healthy place and said she'll get me a shrink but it's been weeks and I'm hearing nothing.
>>
>>17009065

She learned to get over it through, you guessed it, years of therapy.

By the time she met me she'd already progressed to the point where she was throwing herself in to the dating world to overcome her own fears.

Overcoming fear is about slowly escalating and pushing past your boundaries of comfort bit by bit.

I was the first guy she ever happily got alone in a car with, let alone took a thousand mile trip away from home with.

You just keep pushing more and more, 'til those boundaries stretch further and further, but some point, you've go to learn to take a leap of faith.
>>
>>17009102
Tell you what, if you're cute, I'll be your boyfriend.
>>
>>17009109
But how do I know he won't just lose his patience and fuck me anyway?
>>
>>17009120

Some guys are douches just like some women are bitches.

If you're going to assume all men are douches, you may as well assume all women are bitches.

If you don't, in addition to everything else, you're a hypocrite. You can't assume all men are the same, unless you assume all women are the same too.

On top of that, If you're worried about men overpowering you and pushing things on you against your will, instead of whining about it, DO SOMETHING.

Go take a Krav Maga class so if a guy ever tries to force you to do anything you don't want, you can break his shit and make him regret it.

There are plenty of things you could be doing instead of sitting on your butt being afraid. Stop playing the victim. If my girlfriend of all people can do it, after all the shit she's been through in her life, what excuse do you have? None.
>>
>>17009150
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to.
>>
>>17008972
>>17008991
>Exposure is actually really effective.
Yeah, this. Flooding is one of the most effective treatments for phobias, it's just not used as much as it could be due to the ethical ramifications.
>>
>>17008981
>Bring a sherpa
>suddenly discover that the sherpa is a man
>panic
>try to get back to the embassy without sherpa
>women have no sense of direction
>OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.