[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I leave a job I was fired from on my resume? I was there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 112.jpg (57KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
57KB, 600x776px
Do I leave a job I was fired from on my resume?

I was there for 2 years, and the experience might be beneficial to the job I am interviewing for tomorrow. I was fired for sleeping on the job during a 16 hour shift where someone called off and I had to stay. On the other hand, the companies may have a good rapport with each other and may tell them not to hire me.
>>
Was it a recent job? and if you leave it off, what would you use to fill that 2 year gap?
>>
>>17000666
I worked there from 2013-2014.
I didn't work any job before it other than paid internships but I've worked after it.
>>
>>17000563
Leave it on the resume, do not use it as a reference.
>>
>>17000691
Leave it under work history? I never used it as a reference but I have their contact number on there under where I have their information.
>>
Bump again. Its a security company if that makes any difference.
>>
The NEETs here won't give you any advice.
>>
>>17000563
>there for 2 years
>fired for 1 mistake
What?
>>
>>17000857
Sleeping was a no questions asked termination.
>>
>>17000857

Uh, yeah, sleeping on the job usually warrants termination. As far as mistakes go that's pretty significant, you should always call in if you're not in a condition to work.
>>
>>17000873
So do I leave it on my resume?
>>
Recruiter here.

Leave it. A gap in in your resume is not good. Just spin your leaving in your favor. I'm sure you can figure some shit out.
>>
>>17000935
Should I lie and say I quit or do I make getting fired out in my favor?
>>
>>17000937
https://www.quora.com/What-should-I-say-on-my-interview-about-being-fired
>>
>>17000950
OK so if I'm asked I'll say that thank you! If they ask for details do you have any idea what I should say?
>>
>>17000961
I don't think they'll ask. Just don't tell them you slept on the job.
>>
>>17000935

I was just recently let go last Friday, and I don't know how I should spin it in an interview. I never got in trouble/had any marks on me. I was let go because "poor performance" according to my recruiter. I doubt this was right because I know I did good work/cleared my inventory, and got along with my supervisor and other senior staff. Was told I was doing good by them, and even will be using one of the senior staff as a reference. I'd like to ask my supervisor to use as a reference, but my recruiter said I shouldn't contact them anymore out of professionalism.

I was a contractor (temp to hire). When I was brought on they were desperate for people and were trying to fill in 6 other positions as well. The managers/higher level staff joked with me about being their guinea pig on how they'll develop their training for the new people. (Which allowed them to put together a training manual/handbook for the new staff).
>>
>>17000563

id put it on. easier to omit a firing than anythign else, and if they dig up dirt and ask why just say
>i didnt really have a choice. i was scheduled for an 8 hour shift, then they doubled it 1 hour before i was supposed to leave cuz someone else called out. as you can imagine, i fell asleep. i asked to be let home but they said they couldn't.

not making it through a double shift isnt a GREAT endorsement, but knowing that you didnt have a choice makes it seem much more like their fault than your own
>>
>>17000917

yes. frame it as a good thing.

>they insistedi work another 8 hours on top of the 8 hour shift i had just worked becuase someone called in sick. i wasn't scheduled. i was supposed to go home and sleep. I did my best for that company since they gave me no choice, but i got fired cuz I couldn't stay away a full 24 hours (implying you were already awake before the shift).

mention that it was a 'fired no aquestions asked for sleeping' deal and that you never had a problem with properly scheduled.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.