[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ex gf broke up with me almost a year ago, we no longer speak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

My ex gf broke up with me almost a year ago, we no longer speak and I've been with plenty of hotter girls since. But it still haunts me that she was so easily able to delete me from her life and forget about all the good times we had. She refused to speak with me and appears happier than she ever was with me. I've made great strides in improving my life and acomplishing goals since she left, but I still have this sadness that she has moved on. How do I complete the task of leaving the past behind?
>>
>>16996333
Find someone who you'll love as much as her, it'll fill the void.
>>
>>16996333

you never really do. every emotional incident sits with you for your entire life. it stops being such a heavy burden as time goes on of course. but its always gonna be there. i still have thoughts about my first 'loves' back in fucking highschool.

as for her,
>it haunts me that she was able to delete me from her life and forget all the tgood times we had
>shes happier than she ever was with me

you are contradicting yourself a bit here. if shes way happier now then its really no surprise that she moved on so easily.

that being said, you said she refuses to speak to you, how could you possibly know what her internal monologue is? how would she know what yours is? the relationship probably isnt as heavy a burden it is to her as it is to you, but she didnt just magically forget about it. shes just living her life and you cant really see it from where you are.
>>
>>16996333
stop thinking about her. yes its that simple. if you have a job lose yourself in your work
>>
Wish I knew OP, going almost 3 years here and I still think about her every day.
>>
>>16996388
make it 3.5 years
>>
File: aYprPNm_460s.jpg (78KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
aYprPNm_460s.jpg
78KB, 460x460px
>>16996354
I've been seeing a lovely young girl for a few months now, and when I look into her smiling eyes, I can't help but think "one day I'll mean nothing to you."

>>16996365
I know a bit because I've been looking at her tumblr. (Yes, I know this needs to stop.) Immediately upon dumping me, she left to study in Italy and apparently had a magical time and found the self confidence that she was lacking, which I tried to bolster in her while we were together. I myself took my first major trip away from home to New Orleans (from new England) this winter, and got a small taste of where she was coming from. It really was healing and amazing to see these far away places and meet strangers and get a sense of how much there is to explore in the world. But I know she didn't care how I felt because as I was begging her to at least explain why she was breaking my heart, she told me to "get the fuck out of [her] life" and took extra measures to prevent me from contacting her.

It's just so...awful that this is how life works

Thanks for all who are giving advice
>>
>>16996429

>its just so awful that this is how life works

not really. for as bad as life can be, this is awfully comfy. unfortunately, nothing is permanent. but like vision said in age of ultron

"something isn't beautiful because it lasts".

in this situation it seemed you projected a bit much on the relationship. but despite this, there were good times it would seem, so why not appreciate those?
>>
>>16996483
>in this situation it seemed you projected a bit much on the relationship. but despite this, there were good times it would seem, so why not appreciate those?

Could you please explain a bit more what you mean?
>>
>>16996520

you took this relationship hella seriously, and she did not. to you it was this destined perfect love sorta thing. to her it was just one of any relationships she had or will have. she likely never really thought 'wow im so grateful for anon'. and im not saying she should have.

all im saying is you felt more strongly about her than she did about you.

that being said, there were still good times, you were dating for a reason, you had to have had some fun, and even if love is unrequited, its still love (and often just as if not more beautiful in my personal opinion).

appreciate what you had for what it was, dont focus on the 'tragic' aspect.
>>
>>16996530
Well that's the thing...for a long time she did take it that seriously, told me all those sweet things about me being her "sun and stars" all that stuff. I get what you're saying now, be happy that it happened, not sad that it's over. But that she could love me so much, and then that disappears, that's what's so hard to deal with, the fact that a love that intense can die
>>
>>16996573
Also at the very end we were both very mean and calluous to each other and while I feel justified in what I did to her, I wish it hadn't come to that, I wish we could both smile when we look back, instead we are enemies now
>>
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.