[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr : how to be more alpha and less beta Social anxiety is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Gurren_Lagann.jpg (44KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Gurren_Lagann.jpg
44KB, 704x396px
tl;dr : how to be more alpha and less beta

Social anxiety is an understatement, I don’t like myself, I don’t like how I interact with people, and I perceive it as weak and submissive. But knowing it is wrong I cannot do anything about it.

My situation
>Strangers smoke and talk loudly in front of my window, I pretend there is no one at home to not deal with them
>People get familiar very fast with me, making jokes going off limit in front of others, if I express my rage no one take it seriously
>If threatened or confronted to an imminent physical confrontation, I froze and cannot respond properly

My progress so far
>I tried to join the military to ‘man up’ it didn’t end well, I went full robot mod and wasn’t able to socialize enough to not become the victim
>I’ve learned martial arts, I try adapt myself to violent situation, while I grew some confidence my reaction to the possibility of a real fight hasn’t changed
>I use several support to express what is buried deep inside of me, drawing, writing, performing arts… Now being interesting is not being respected

How I end up like this
>Parents : silver spooned by both, not really loving mother, often absent dad
>Trauma : witnessed the death of loved ones, separately? in time and space
>Other elements : school drop out, social isolation

Before you ask, I’ve already seen psychologists, it doesn’t work. What now /adv/ ? It’s like my brain is stuck on reptilian mode (flight or freeze).
>>
>>16992018
Go out and start a fight. You'll lose, but that's okay. once you learn that getting your ass kicked (it happens to all of us at least once) isn't the end of the world your whole life will change.
>>
stop trying to be your bro
>>
Set goals and work towards them. Make promises to yourself and keep them.
>>
File: mwhcen2XbG1skkrxzo3.jpg (34KB, 422x599px) Image search: [Google]
mwhcen2XbG1skkrxzo3.jpg
34KB, 422x599px
>>16992166

I'd really like too. What kind of place should I seek for ? Brad Pitt hasn't invited me to the club yet.

>>16992171

Setting what kind of goal ? I can accomplish a lot of thing by myself if it's not people-related. I have no problem with that.

>>16992170

B-Bu-But who's gonna save Nia then ?

Please understand I'm not trying to become someone else just for the heck of it. I want to change to be worthly of the people I met. I'm scare of getting a girlfriend because if one day a random guy slap her ass in public I wouldn't be abe to react !
>>
File: 1418047775549.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1418047775549.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
I am legitimately curious about this topic.

Please dont let this die.
>>
>>16992200
Basically you need to prove to yourself that you're a reliable and competent person by doing stuff out of your own volition. And since you said you're bad with people I think that's the best way to do it.

Now, whatever goal you set in mind should be something you actually want, not just a mean to gain confidence because a stranger told you to do it on the internet. But you should want to get some people skills, they're probably the most important skills a person could have. One suggestion I could make is to just "ease" your way into it. Don't start by going to the club and trying to pick up girls, you fail horribly. Do something that you only feel mildly uncomfortable doing. Like, if you're a completely antisocial fuck just go to random people on the street and ask for the time. Then, when you're completely comfortable doing that one-up it a little. Like ask people at the gym about exercises or stuff like that. I should mention that if you're not going to the gym you should, it helps most men with confidence and that whole alpha thing.
>>
OP, I understand where you are, because I've been there for most of my life.

Long story short, my social anxiety, betaness, and the reality that i'm a little bitch drove me to try to kill myself a few times (hanging, car crash, slashed wrists).

I know what that can do to a guy's mind.

What helped me was finding a mentor- my friend's older brother took me under his wing and really taught me how to be a man. I know this isn't really something you can just go out and do, but keep your eyes open.

Read "the way of men" by Jack Donovan.

Start working out. Learn the science of Powerlifting. Not only will that boost testosterone, but it will greatly improve your self confidence. Teach your body how to push past that point where your mind gives up.

Doing this same thing gave me the "baddest motherfucker in the valley" mentality. It allowed me the mental room to lose it on people instead of freezing up.

Another thing that may help is telling yourself that other people don't matter or are lesser than you. I started doing this, and now I actually believe that people who don't try to improve themselves are actually worth less than me.

I know it's kind of fixing a problem by creating another, but at least I'm not trying to kill myself anymore.
>>
File: palpatine.png (158KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.png
158KB, 360x270px
Use your aggressive feelings boy. Let the hate flow through you. It gives you strength, it gives you focus!
>>
File: ep9a.jpg (30KB, 215x150px) Image search: [Google]
ep9a.jpg
30KB, 215x150px
>>16992249

I'm attending lessons to perform a comedy sketch on stage by the end of the year. If it's people-related, I feel more secure when there are strict protocol and clear guidelines on 'how to do it'.

>Going to the gym
I wish you never feel intimidated by someone physicaly weaker than you, because I do. Violence is not something you train on your own.
>Asking people in the street
While I get how being able to make small talk with stranger will boost my confidence when dealing with them, it's something else to tell them they bother me.

Ok, simple objectives :
-being able to express my discomfort instead of enduring it
-not avoiding eye contact with people during conversations
-not feeling intimidated, not shaking like a leaf during an argument
But doing small talk with stranger won't help me to achieve this.

>>16992289

I'm sorry for what you've been through and hope things are better now. I'd really like to have a mentor, but it's not easy to find someone who is willing to invest in me. Tip on where to find one ?
I did a lot of research on endocrinology, I thing I have a problem with adrenalin, but not with testosterone. Your last advive may work, hate can make it easier to confront people.

>>16992334

This. Tell me more about the way of the Sith, master. My friends often tell me I am too nice. How should I develop aggressive feelings ?
Point me a target (an appropriate place where this interaction is socially accepted)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.