[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become an early riser? I've no real time to workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

How do I become an early riser? I've no real time to workout these days so I need to hit the gym before work which means I need to get up at 6.
>>
File: 1457653680900.jpg (13KB, 300x184px) Image search: [Google]
1457653680900.jpg
13KB, 300x184px
One thing that always wakes me up is just putting my feet on the floor, I guess if your trying to get into a new habit I think there is a app called 7 weeks. The idea being that it takes 7 weeks to form a habit. Might be worth a shot.
>>
>>16991836
Set a really loud alarm and set it to ring every minutes start from the earliest time
>>
>>16991836
Go to bed earlier, obviously.
Just reducing sleep won't work.

I speak from experience.
>>
>>16991836
>hit the gym before work

Does this make you tired throughout your day?
>>
>>16991928
I heard it makes you energized for the whole day
>>
>>16991928
Exercising actually helps you not get tired, so long as you don't over exert yourself.
>>
File: 1341949715377.jpg (65KB, 480x442px) Image search: [Google]
1341949715377.jpg
65KB, 480x442px
>>16991850
>set alarm around 6
>everytime it rings I get up , put it out and then go back to sleep
How do I stop this? Should I force myself to wash my face or something?
>>
>>16991836
>>16992009
Set extremely loud alarms. I mean so fucking loud that as soon as they go off they shake your chest and set off a primal panic response that force you to immediately leap out of bed and turn them off as fast as possible (for fear of the children in neighboring apartments all waking up and wailing at once, or the elderly calling the police), despite the fact that you can't see anything due to strong glasses/contacts and that half your brain hasn't fully woken up yet and you slam into obstacles and flail your arms and legs around as if your cerebellum is trying to tell you "no please, what are you doing anon, stop"

Source: narcoleptic, must do this daily. Works for Marines too.

>>16992009
>Should I force myself to wash my face or something?
Maybe it's just me, but in my experience this is much less effective than in the movies. Same with cold showers.
Better approach: keep some coffee on your nightstand in a thermos (warm or iced) and immediately drink it upon waking up, then go get in the shower. The adrenaline from the above method (panic attack alarm) will let you do muscle-memory stuff like showering until the coffee kicks in and your brain fully wakes up.

And seriously listen to >>16991858, make sure you don't end up cutting out 3 hours of sleep, that'll fuck your gains by itself. For every hour you wake up earlier, go to sleep an hour earlier.
You know the saying, "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise".
>>
>>16991836

by never sleeping in on the weekends. the best way to fix your cycle is consistency. sleeping in is amazing but it throws off an entire weeks worth of re enforcing when you sleep.

i never let myself sleep in past 9 (though i wake up at 8 on weekdays).

you do the same, but make it 6am.

go to bed at the same time each night to. this ones hard cuz someitmes you wanna stay up, but staying up late, even when you wake up early, can fuck your sleep schedule. when you consistently stay up late it tells your body 'this is bed time' and no matter how early you wake up your body assumes it NEEDS to stay up that late and survive with the lack of sleep.
>>
>>16992074
My alarms are actually pretty loud, just that I end up going back to sleep.
I goto bed around 11-12, and end up waking around 9. I'll take the coffee advice anon, although I've been trying to cut down on it since I don't want my teeth to go and yellower.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.