[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People that are in marriages or long-term relationships, please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1455374683228.jpg (522KB, 3000x2001px) Image search: [Google]
1455374683228.jpg
522KB, 3000x2001px
People that are in marriages or long-term relationships, please be honest:
>Do you ever have true fun anymore?
>What are you doing to have this fun?
Married men (friends) I know don't seem to be enjoying their marriages. I've known some friends for a long while and the vibe has definitely shifted after marriage.

I know it's possible to meet people and continue trying new things, but some relationships just seem to suck you into them and "new experiences" besides who is wiping the toddler's ass stop happening.

Is there anyone out there who still enjoys meeting new people or trying new things after marriage or does everyone just comfortable and miserable?
>>
I don't know if two and a half years is long enough (though we have known each other five), but I'll answer anyway
Sure we do
Idk, we just enjoy each other's company. We're always finding new inside jokes, new games to play, playing old games, reminiscing about things. We're each other's best friend.
>>
They don't know how to adapt to stagnated living. On top of that, they haven't accepted the fact that there are some things you're going to sacrifice for the sake of being committed to a long-term relationship. Communication and adaptation is a fucking big part of keeping a relationship enjoyable as it goes on. Both parties have to be open and receptive to either trying new things or putting effort in prolonging the facets that made the initial stages of the relationship enjoyable.
>>
>>16990531
Exactly. Every marriage I've seen has been one of complacency that sounds exactly like this:
Idk, we just enjoy each other's company.
That sounds like code word for watch a few tv shows, smoke some weed, and go to sleep frankly. That I'm dissing that because I've been there too, it can be very nice.

But... Is that truly "new" or "fun"? Is it really enjoyable to have yet another inside joke?

seems like a black hole of yet another night of staying in and having inside jokes
>some things you're going to sacrifice for the sake of being committed to a long-term relationship
>>
>>16990516
Old person here, together with my wife for more than 20 years (on and off, mostly on), married for thirteen:
Yes, although I won't lie, it's a very different kind of fun these days, particularly as we have two small kids.
We travel some. We go on date nights--fancy meals, concerts, bars, karaoke (yes, really-- she's a semiprofessional singer and I was in rock bands as a younger man), movies, parties, we do stuff for and with the kids together (sometimes it's a drag and sometimes it's a delight). We also make a point of having our own nights out sometimes--she with various lady friends, me mostly with rock and roll friends (go to shows, jam in other middle aged dads' basements). Oh, and we have a fair amount of sex. Not as much as we think we should have, but we have two preschoolers in our house--we are fucking tired come lights out. But when we do it we still really enjoy it.
>>
>>16990516

id say the majority are what you describe. it seems to be the case with everyone i see. its a slow process, but almost an inevitable one. i think kids hinders it a lot. its hard to be a good parent while still exploring your own life. realistically you're already at work for at least 8 hours a day. hjow can you really bond with a kid if you are gone more on top of that + the time it takes to maintain the household.

it sucks, but thats life. avoid it if you can. one day oyu might look back and think 'wow i missed out on being a parent'. i settle for fun uncle and its awesome.
>>
I was thinking of making this exact same thread

Nothing has really changed for me to be honest. My only social interaction outside of uni/work was with girls. The only difference now is that other women keep their distance now. I'd like to make more girl friends but no girl wants to hang around married guys platonically unless it's part of a stupid group. As for guy friends I'm happy just hanging around in Skype or online games.
>>
My husband and I dated with no breaks for two years before we got married and we were very happy and in love and had great sex for 6 years after marriage. But after that, and having another baby, things went bad and we're divorcing after 10 years of marriage.

So… ? I dont' know.
>>
My ex (2.5 years) was no fun, never wanted to do anything exciting or random. So I bailed. I think some people get ot focused on finding a partner and getting married that they don't always find the correct partner.

Just me though.
>>
>>16990516
Yep. She has some health conditions that hamper it sometimes, but we have fun as often as we can.

All the things we enjoyed before we were married, plus the occasional new thing. We're both introverts, and this is one area where that actually helps things, as we can enjoy just being together.

>>16990549
>But... Is that truly "new" or "fun"? Is it really enjoyable to have yet another inside joke?
Are you so addicted to novelty that everything becomes boring that quickly? What you're seeing these people go thorugh has nothing to do with marriage: it's about growing up.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.