[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got into both of pic related (undergrad), now I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Wat do.png (209KB, 1977x721px) Image search: [Google]
Wat do.png
209KB, 1977x721px
Got into both of pic related (undergrad), now I'm trying to decide where to go, leaning towards Brown tho. I've read that placement into banking/consulting is about equal at both, so I'm not too worried about that, but how should I decide where to go?
>>
What state do you live in now?
>>
>>16990339
Commiefornia
>>
I'd probably choose Brown although I can't give you a good reason. The networking miight be a little better in the Northeast. The thing about going to Duke is that you're probably going to have to deal with that "Yankees and Commiefornians suck" bullshit that southerners like to spit out.
>>
ayy my man first off congratulations, they're both great schools and you'll be getting a top notch education whichever you choose. not knowing anything else about your personal situation a lot of it comes down to location. if you love doing country shit NC is probably the best state to live in east of the mississippi. it has nicer weather and less shitty people than the rest of the south and more access to decent cities. of course if you're about city shit RI is the better choice. you will be around people you're probably more culturally and politically familiar with (just makimg assumptions, california's a big state), and they're mostly white. if your favorite band is on tour you'll have a better chance to see them in boston than in raleigh and if you can't make it that night guess what, they're in NYC the next night. you can find pretty much anything you want in the city.
>>
>>16990330
Duke's reputation is still dealing with that rape scandal, and the sports culture is far more important than the academic. Consider how you want to be seen in a professional and academic capacity, because employers will judge you based on your institution, especially for banking and financial consultation.
>>
>>16990330
Neither. Go with the most prestigious of universities... the University of Pheonix.
>>
>>16990364
Confirmed for knowing nothing about eastern NC.
>>
>>16990364
>The networking miight be a little better in the Northeast
Good point, for some reason I've been forgetting networking is a thing

>>16990384
Thanks! This is my first time on /adv/, coming from /b/ I was expecting shitposting. I live in a suburb but I was in SD 4 days a week last summer, so I'll definitely take what you said about city v. country into account

>>16990402
Too expensive
>>
First of all a huge congrats for getting into some of the best schools in the country, you worked your ass off and it paid off.

Both are great, and pretty much even in public perception from what I've heard. I'd probably pick Duke since I'm in the medical field, but for finance I'd probably lean towards Brown, haven't heard of Duke having specific strengths in the area and anything in New England gives you better networking for it.

Plus I like what I've heard about Brown in terms of culture, student pop, campus, etc compared to some of the other Ivies. Duke's nice too though in this regard, so not an easy choice.

>>16990364
Not a problem, lived there and can attest. OP won't be interacting with rednecks waving confederate flags and shit, or the ghetto dumbasses in Durham walking around shirtless through the middle of the street in packs, he'll be among the best and brightest.

>>16990388
I doubt even feminist magazine editors would look at a resume with "Duke University" on it and think "no, i heard the words 'duke' and 'rape' in a few headlines, maybe i'll pass on this guy". Employers do judge based on institution, but what they're thinking when they see Duke is "this person's going to expect a higher salary".
>>
>>16990364
Go back to your nigger worshiping carpetbagger

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
>>
File: 49910_1239195268.jpg (17KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
49910_1239195268.jpg
17KB, 384x288px
>>16990476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJwKKKd2ZYE

WE GON ROLL UP ON Y@ NIGGA
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.