[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about lying on a resumee in order to have slightly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1453736507155.jpg (114KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
1453736507155.jpg
114KB, 500x539px
What do you think about lying on a resumee in order to have slightly higher chances on getting the part?

I'm 23 years old and I have only worked as an actor (and got paid for it).

I'm applying for a job at this burger joint tomorrow. They make overpriced "gourmet" burgers, they've been expanding around the city since it' the new trend here. A friend of mine told me about a friend of his that applied without having much experience and while being very clumsy, and got the job

My friend suggested me to lie a little to improve my chances, but I don't know. I guess it makes sense, since whatever you know this people will have to train you anyway since they do it their own way. I was thinking about saying I worked as waiter on an old bar in my hometown, some time ago. Maybe drop that I also helped on the kitchen... What do you guys think?
>>
You just have to stay committed. My dad works as a computer software engineer, and is entirely self taught. He put down bachelors on his resume 20 years ago and now he makes something like 90k. But he is always "in character" if you will.
>>
>>16971369
What do you mean? You telling me to just believe it and go for it?

I mean, it's just a small lie, but at the same time I feel weird about it. As if, maybe they just hiring people and if you go with lies and shit, they will turn you down, like they prefer honest people.

I cook a lot for my brother. The kitchen is no unknown place. Not the same as a burger joint, yeah, but i'm very familiar with it. But yeah, how the hell do you show that on a resumee anyway?
>>
>>16971369
So your dad is dishonest? That's a pretty shitty character trait. You live in a house lies.
>>
>>16971359
There's a 99% chance they will not check your references that thoroughly. If you were the head cook or a manager they might but any random front/back of house position they will not.
>>
>>16971382
So you're telling me that I should lie, then, since i'm only aiming for a front job?

I'm in a tricky situation now: I'm asking myself why lying if I'm going for such a low profile job, but at the same time I feel lying could help me

Finding a job in my country is really tricky. guess that's why we ended up considering lying as a source of improving our chances
>>
There's A LOT of competition for jobs at fast food places, supermarkets, and the like. If you look for jobs that have less competition, they'll hire you on the spot.
>>
>>16971359
LIE

They won't give a shit if you just do the work. If you have no idea how to do the work, lie and say you do. Then google it and find out how.
>>
>>16971359
I say don't lie. They will expect a lot more from you, and will (rightfully) shit on you when they find out, in time, that you don't have the experience that your resume implies that you should.

>pic
What was everyone's favorite Star Wars episode? I really liked Episode 3.
>>
>>16971359
Burger joints ask only two questions.

1. Are you breathing?
2. When can you start?
>>
Tell them that you once were in a school play and had the part of a hamburger, so you know all about the job.
Tell them it was a method acting thing and Lee Strasburg taught you how to look at it from the hamburgers viewpoint.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.