[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>23 years old >go to work >come home >go on computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1444313140950.jpg (92KB, 557x495px) Image search: [Google]
1444313140950.jpg
92KB, 557x495px
>23 years old
>go to work
>come home
>go on computer for 2 hrs
>go to bed
>wake up
>repeat M-F
>do nothing on weekends because I have no friends or gf

I completely hate my life. I feel like I'm in an inescapable hole and I'm genuinely considering killing myself. Like I feel like my life is over anyway. What do I do?
>>
>>16961692
What do you do for a job?
>>
>>16961695
I work at a hardware store
>>
File: 1458950261148.gif (81KB, 182x249px) Image search: [Google]
1458950261148.gif
81KB, 182x249px
Nigger your life is just beginning. Hell, I turn 30 later this year and MY life is just beginning.

You can do anything you want with your life, OP. The only thing holding you back is yourself.
>>
>>16961704
That's so vague.
>>
>>16961707
What else is there to say? I can't read your mind. Only you know what you want to do with your life.
>>
>>16961722
At the moment, I want friends. I want a girlfriend.
>>
>>16961707
but its correct
>>
>>16961730
Ah, can't help you there. I'm a happy recluse. Maybe some anon will have the answers for you
>>
>>16961699
I had a similar problem. Turns out, i felt lost and purposeless because i literally did nothing productive. I did nothing meaningful or tangible at work, then went home and had the same problem there. So i looked up a hobby where you make shit with your hands. Tried a bunch, leatherworking clicked for me. Seeing a "finished product" in your hand and knowing that you created it, you shaped it, you made it be is a great feeling. It makes you feel a connection to your work, you get very quick results. In the beginning you will noticeably get better almost by the hour no matter if it's leatherworking, woodcarving, scrimshawing or pottery, it's nice. Also you can sell the shit you make.
>>
File: 1458636368606.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1458636368606.gif
3MB, 500x282px
>>16961692
When you're 35 years getting drunk at the kitchen sink with a bottle of bottom shelf whiskey that you hid in the garage from your fat ugly wife and screaming toddlers... when you're leaving your cubicle evry few hours and jerking off and dreaming about "a life that doesn't so closely resemble hell"... when you are up on a ladder every week shoveling shit out of the gutters just to have some alone time and your next door neighbor comes over to show you his double-nozzled NASA engineered hose he just bought from Brookstone and all you can think about is tying one end of it to the chimney and hanging yourself... then... then you will wish... no no... you will BEG and PLEAD to return to the lifestyle you are living now. Trust me.
>>
>>16961692
Welcome to adulthood, it all goes south from here.

Just keep playing the "do I have energy to hang myself" game with the rest of us until you win or life kills you first.
>>
>>16961692

do you have any personal hobbies, preferably of the creative variety?

i recommend taking something you enjoy, and reverse engineering that. like watching movies? write / make one. like reading books? write one of those. enjoy seeing those pictures of really cool houses? invest in fixing yours up to be awesome. comics? draw one. sports? play one.

whatever your interest, reverse engineer it so its a hobby with end games. you dont have to commit to one thing for your life. you can make a movie, then draw a comic, then write a book or make a video game. whatever you want. dont focus on quality too much, rather, focus on learning and doing. quality comes after you put in enough hours of those two, if you wish to continue.

but dont limit yourself to just 'drawing' as you get bored of that with no endgame (like finishing an issue of your comic) and no reward for finishing it (readers leaving comments)

that being said, go make friends. meetup.com has meetups even in bum fucked places like israel. no matter what your interest is no matter how 'loner' you think that interest is, there is a group out there willing to talk about it regularly over food and drinks.

if your response to this is in any way
>NO I DONT FEEL LIKE TRYING THAT

then stop whining. the internet has made your job pretty easy for you. its your own fault if you dont engage.

aside from the internet you can also go to a hobby shop and ask about local events (you a geek? go to a game shop and ask about tournaments, games, events, etc. that they do). and if no one offers anything, start your own. you'll find people with similar interests.

you can also go to a regular store, go to a section you enjoy (games, movies, books, hunting supplies, whatever) and stand in your favorite aisle (bullets, horror, first person shooter, whatever) and wait til someone walks along. talk to them. even if they dont look attractive enough to be your friend. talk it out. you never know what will happen.
>>
I used to be the same way, OP:

>be 20 year old me
>work at shit factory job that dad got me
>work 12 hour days and overtime
>do nothing on days I work because of long shifts
>do nothing on days off because I was afraid of my free time going by too quickly
>just finished AA, no plans for school
>no gf
>few friends, most lived far away

I realized that my life needed a change so I quit the job and moved to the city with a couple friends. I know not everyone has the means to up and leave, but I'm here to tell you that it does get better:

>be 24 year old me, currently
>finishing Bachelor's degree
>live with gf
>sex on the regular, great relationship
>live near friends again

You just have to realize that you're usually not at the point that you're going to end at, even if it feels like nothing is going to change, you never know. Even still I struggle with depression and my gf is always reminding me that things eventually get better, you have to realize that the whole entire point of life is that it's the journey.
>>
>>16961795
I went to college and did not get a gf there, unlike you.
>>
>>16961812

I didn't meet my gf at college. My point was that I thought I was hopeless because I was a virgin until I was 21 but things turned around within that very same year that I felt like shit.
>>
>>16961812

so? you can get a gf in other ways, but you talk about them like they are appliances as opposed to nuanced human relationships
>>
File: wasted-life.jpg (162KB, 600x3031px) Image search: [Google]
wasted-life.jpg
162KB, 600x3031px
>>16961704
Hey man, I'm close to your age, do you feel like you're getting too old and need to get a waifu, have kids, and settle down?

I feel like I'm in some strange limbo, it's weird seeing adults in their young 20s and they look so young. I keep wondering how it will be like once I keep getting older

Also, you agree it does get harder to make new friends and even to meet people as you grow older. You mentioned you were a recluse, but do you think you can keep this up until you pass away?
>>
File: violin2.jpg (14KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
violin2.jpg
14KB, 300x199px
I was an emtpy sack of chicken fertilizer like you once, then i got into hobbies. Veteran vehicles like the good ol volkswagen beetle, interest in the violin.
I have yet to actually posess these things. But a dream is power in itself.
The violin is soon within reach.
>>
Try to join a local meetup group of your interest. Maybe it might not be your thing, but at least its different from your normal routine. And you never know who you might meet.
>>
What is your dream(s) OP?

Do you want to travel somewhere? What's your dream job? Is there something you've always wanted to do?

Why are you not working towards these things?
>>
File: 1457317226225.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457317226225.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>16961692
>31 years old
>don't go to work
>in bed 21+ hrs/day
>go on computer until it overheats
>goto bed
>wake up
>repeat M-M
>do nothing ever because >tfw no friends or gf

it gets worse everyday. kill yourself while you can.
>>
File: 1457312725542.png (15KB, 780x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457312725542.png
15KB, 780x1000px
>>16961746
this.
>>
>>16963017
What do you think about for those 21 hours? Or do you just sleep? Then what do you dream of?
>>
>>16963017
who pays for you to live?
>>
Dont worry about it. Lot of people live same. Only in movies or books live is so intersting. Some people talking about hobbies or somthink like interests or resons for life (like children or wife). Just try to drink Alkohol. Im from russia, i know. If you will drink you will have friends and some not good sex
>>
>>16961692
Obviously you don't have much of a reason to live. You need to find one.
Most of us honestly just make something up. It's not like we get revelations from God telling us why we're here and what we have to do with our lives.

Get some hobbies. Think about things you like doing, and start doing those things more often, or more seriously. Lots of possibilities. Run, bike, draw, paint, sculpt, cook, write, compose, program, etc.

If you truly can't think of anything you enjoy, go see a psychiatrist. They can usually help, at least with advice.
>>
>>16963668
I quit working and started to live in an intentional community. That was the best choice I could ever do, I work 3 hours a day and can live pretty good and have LOADS of freetime, without giving up good life standarts.
:)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.