[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/, just want some quick tips... on my job scenario.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1457847291673.jpg (95KB, 900x960px) Image search: [Google]
1457847291673.jpg
95KB, 900x960px
Sup /adv/, just want some quick tips... on my job scenario.

Basically, my job is not the norm. My boss is an eccentric character, and the work environment is just weird. I won't disclose what industry I am a part of, but it has to do with that. It's not exactly hostile, and there is NO pressure at all, but it's unprofessional in many ways. However, that is not the problem here.

The problem is that I don't care at all about the work I'm doing. It started as an internship, so I went in knowing this was an experiment for me. I wasn't familiar with the work (or any work for that matter, as this was my official first on-the-books job) and I wanted to learn what it was about, if I would enjoy it, and what working in an office in general was like. I didn't exactly learn the typical things about working from this place, but I did learn enough... mostly that I don't do very good work if I don't care at all about the environment or the work itself.

However, I've become a bit of a MVP at this company. It comes with the kind of work I'm involved with (a lot of administrative type of work). I'm not really sure how to get out of it now, or in a way that isn't unprofessional.

What did you do to get out of a situation like this? What was your situation and where did you go after? What were your main concerns? I want to hear some stories, so that maybe I can get some insight into my own. Thanks in advance.
>>
Mention that you are unhappy with the kind of work you are doing. If they are a good company and value you. They will shift your work to make you happy.
>>
File: 1.jpg (326KB, 900x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
326KB, 900x1164px
>>16957568
Quit before you can or you'll end up like pic related
>>
>>16957691
>If they are a good company and value you. They will shift your work to make you happy.
They wouldn't care. They'd just want me out of there then.

>>16957710
It's already gotten there, but I've managed to learn enough to get by / make sure no one finds out I'm still learning.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.