[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello's So I need some quick advice on how I am spending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: money.jpg (952KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
952KB, 2560x1600px
Hello's

So I need some quick advice on how I am spending my money.
First of all I would like to say, that I am not broke and not in any kind of debt.

HOWEVER

I use A LOT of money on random stuff, which I feel the need to buy.. Gaming gear, food, clothes and just random stuff I guess..
Some time after buying these things, I kinda realize I actually didn't need it for shit...

So my question is:
How do I stop spending money on random stuff, and save it for greater things later in life?
Thanks.
>>
Think about whether or not the thing you want to buy is something you need.

Evaluate whether or not the thing you want to buy is something you'll want in the long-run, or just an easy answer for a quick fix.

Often times we buy things to feel as though our efforts in life are being rewarded.

Remember:

You are not your possessions.

You are your actions.
>>
Only carry cash, like $40 and don't buy shit you don't need.
If you really want to dive into it write down all of your expenses in a log and guilt trip yourself as the numbers unfold.
>>
>>16953256
This.

Only spend cash. Then you can watch the dosh slip right through your fingers.
>>
Delay all purchases by some arbitrary amount of time. You can scale it according to cost, e.g. less than $10 means you have to wait 1 day, $10-20 means you wait a week, $20-50 means you wait two weeks, over $50 means you have to wait a month, etc.

It's not like the world is gonna run out of random shit. Stuff will still be there once the time passes. Your desire, however, might not.
>>
>>16953235

sit down and estimate how much money you need at the end of each month for Rent, utilities, etc.

calculate how much of that comes out of each paycheck. as soon as you get that paycheck, take that specific cash and hide it away in the 'rent box' or what have you.

then think about how much you WANT to spend on food. calculate what your general meals consist of, and do that shopping in one trip (with the exception of quickly perishable foods of course).

for example, how many of your meals involve chicken? at the smart and final here in los angeles, you can get a 40 pound box of skinless and boneless chicken thighs for 31 dollars. that is enough to eat a pound of chicken every day this month, and into the next month.

but assuming you dont want to eat chicken every single day, just go and look at all the deals they have. dont just look at the stuff in the front, ask what their bigger bulk options are.

calculate about how much meat you eat at dinner, then how many of those meals you want to be chicken, pork, beef, or fish. then go to the store and buy those meats in bulk. there, you now have two months worth of your main dinner course, and likely only spent 75 bucks.

if you eat cereal in the morning, calculate how long one box can last you. if its bagels, that. calculate, pre plan, spend that money (or set it aside for things that can go bad like milk, bread, veggies, fruits, etc.)

the money you have leftover you decide what to do with. how much goes into savings? how much are you allowing yourself to spend on the stuff you want? etc?
>>
Anything I buy I have to use the next day, aside from food. If I realize I don't want to wear those clothes or play that game the next day, I don't buy them. That cuts out impulse buys that I think I'll use in the future but actually end up wasting.
>>
>>16953246
This. I almost never buy stuff anymore and am almost having a hard time knowing what to spend my money on. The only stuff I buy are things that I know I'll be using and/or enjoying.

Having kids helps as well since you have virtually no spare time outside of work...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.