[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, I hope all is well with you. I'll try and keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1457491790980.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1457491790980.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
Hi /adv/, I hope all is well with you. I'll try and keep it quick. Weird situation, but I feel others may be in the same boat

>going to uni
>See grill for a year
>she was cute and nerdy, just the kind of chick I like
>at the time saw she wasn't a good influence, very selfish at times and princess-syndrome
>at times felt like I was dealing with a child
>end up breaking up, she graduated and wanted to make it a long-distance relationship
>I had become so frustrated with her and her ways that I didn't think much of it
>cut all contact, not a message
>literally bury myself in my schooling, improve myself and become a better person
>worked a job alongside school which I enjoyed, but took up a lot of my time

>fast forward two years
>about to graduate with more than I could've imagined when I started uni
>I've made the greatest of friends and in a field which I can't see living without
>however I rarely really feel anything, always thinking of work
>old hobbies start to feel more like chores
>found out that my ex had fairly severe depression, and possible other mental instabilities which explain why she acted the way she did. None of which she told me
>any thought of my ex is the only thing to really induce an emotional reaction, and it's an immense sense of guilt and regret

How do I go about this? She's this weird rose-tinted standard that I apply to all girls I talk to. At times I feel like I just want to get back together with her, but I know she hasn't changed an iota since we last dated, but the thought of other men with her makes me jealous, angry and sad. I feel like a child in this respect, but I just can't let it go. I should be proud of myself and my accomplishments, but instead I feel like a fucking idiot for following my head instead of my heart.

tl;dr how to let go and feel again
>>
>>16950791
Dude, you just proved to yourself this girl is a bitch. Fuck people who are depressed and have problems. I'm sorry for them in a sense - in a lot of ways its not really their fault, mostly a culmination of shitty parenting, but if they haven't moved on, or better themselves, they aren't good for you, or someone who has done something with their fucking life.
>>
File: 1405905288789.jpg (53KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1405905288789.jpg
53KB, 500x461px
OP Bump
>>
>>16950832
As I understand it, it's more of a genetically-depressed deal. I know a lot of people say they have depression when they stub their toe, but the impression I got was that it's common in the family line.

I know what you're saying though, thanks. The problem is that I understand fully why I shouldn't give a fuck, but it's not something I can shake off. It's weird.
>>
File: 1447203810996.jpg (396KB, 1570x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1447203810996.jpg
396KB, 1570x1536px
bumpin
>>
File: 1411421350429.png (166KB, 478x309px) Image search: [Google]
1411421350429.png
166KB, 478x309px
>>
Last bump
>>
IS THIS A CHARCOAL OR PROPANE GRILL?
>>
>>16951866
Charcoal, friend. I like them old fashioned
>>
>>16950848
>genetically-depressed deal
No such thing. The entire family is fucked up. Depression leads to shit parenting if you don't get your shit together and that leads to depressed children who in turn if they don't get their shit together become depressed parents and so on.

I'd say get back together with her. Only to try and see if it was really as worthy as you always imaginated. Very probably not but there is even a very small chance you could even help her and you'd be the best couple ever, marry and have children and be happy together forever.

Whatever the case is, it'll get you back to reality and you'll be able to let go already because at least you tried once. You'll stop thinking about all the whatifs.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.