[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a feeling that as a fat girl I'm not taken seriously.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: KPeOmXS.png (415KB, 366x465px) Image search: [Google]
KPeOmXS.png
415KB, 366x465px
I have a feeling that as a fat girl I'm not taken seriously. Like I'm a walking joke, or not a full person, not as legitimate.

Am I being paranoid?
>>
No, fat women are the equivalent of manlets/homeless men/unemployed deadbeats. Plus you smell bad, and are likely to ruin the fun in most social situations. Fat girls are notorious cockblocks
>>
How fat
>>
>>16947429
You're taken less seriously because you're a girl. Good looking girls are not taken more seriously, they're just paid attention to more. In reality, ugly women are probably taken more seriously in general, fat or not, but a fit ugly woman will be taken more seriously than a fat ugly woman. That's much more close to the difference between how a fat guy vs. fit guy is regarded.

Complicated maybe, but that's how I see it play out IRL.
>>
>>16947435
5'6 165lbs
>>
>>16947433

You say this, but what is the basis of fact?

Unfortunately, OP, yes, this is how most of society views you.

My advice is to do one of two things, lose weight and develop body image issues and a constant feeling of inferiority, or distance yourself from people who have opinions like this. The latter will make you happier, but it is harder to do.
>>
>>16947429
Depends how fat you are
If you're just a little chubby then nobody cares
If you're a ham planet the general public is disgusted by you. but some basement dwelling neckbeard from r9k would probably pay to see you eat so that's a plus
>>
>>16947442
Women in general aren't taken seriously

Fat women have it even worse

Losing weight might help

Maybe you should try to have a lot of money
>>
>>16947447
Its not a fact, it's just a widely held opinion
>>
>>16947447
Not that anon you're replying to but he's right. It's a fact of life. I mean when you're bitter on the inside because you hate yourself it starts to seep out into your behavior whether you realize it or not.

It's kinda sad.
>>
>>16947442
As long as you don't have retarded proportions you're fine. Once u get to 180-200 u start being disgusting at that height
>>
>>16947453

At least you realize it.

I really don't care either way. I'm a guy so I'm held to a different set of standards, but I never get the "fat people smell" meme.

It is just biased opinions, you know. You already know how you feel about someone before you know them. Its sad. But most people who have opinions like that I've found are insecure themselves which is also sad.
>>
>>16947442
5' 6" 165 can look good given the right proportions. If you're proportionate and this size I probably wouldn't even call you fat. I thought you were talking 250+
>>
>>16947429

>Am I being paranoid?

Not really, lots of people can be superficial and judgmental, and you know this. But the question is, what are you gonna do about it? Complain at everyone until they all love you? Complain at the boys until they think you're attractive? It just doesn't work that way

Either work out, lose better, and fix your appearance, or shift your focus to things other than looks and dating and sex and socializing. If you want to be respected for your mind instead of your body, develop your mind, develop goals, work hard, do things with your life. If you want to be respected for your body, work hard on that and develop a better body. If you want more respect in both areas, you've got a lot of work to do.

People don't just give respect for no reason. The base-line of human interaction is not "respect and admiration until you do something awful." You have to earn it. Even then, sometimes you won't get it. Don't worry so much about how other people see you. Worry about what you're DOING with your life
>>
>>16947467
But I feel like I'm not respected for my mind because of what my body is like.
>>
>>16947467

>work out, lose better

work out, *eat better. I've been making weird typos like this so much lately, wtf
>>
>>16947461
I'm not insecure. I just have the deceny to tell the OP the truth instead of placate her with some bullshit pep-talk like most people would IRL.

I know what I said was an opinion, but here's a fact. Being fat is unhealthy, and if you believe in the "food addiction" theory it is also a mental illness. Fat people willingly disrespect their bodies and poison themselves with trash. It's no different than smoking cigarettes or drinking to excess.
>>
>>16947471

In what context? Are you still in school, or do you work?
>>
>>16947467
>"respect and admiration until you do something awful"

This is quite literally how all feminists, especially fat ones, in my city approach how the world should treat them. Blows my mind. Guys are taught you earn respect. Fundamental difference there.
>>
>>16947435
>How fat
Fat as all fuck,
I've got the same complexion as a mack truck,
My stomach hangs to my knees,
I needed 2 plane seats just to get overseas.
>>
>>16947476

I think a whole generation of women got screwed-up by an overlap in parenting styles

They're still getting the residual effects of pre-feminist shit, "You're a princess, everyone should be nice to you, find yourself a nice man to do everything for you"

while ALSO being told "You can do anything a man can do, you're an equal and you should pursue a career"

It just doesn't really work both ways at the same time. The princess mentality fucks them over and causes trouble in the workplace, and the feminist mentality fucks them over and causes trouble in their relationships.

and ALL of it, without fail, results in my girlfriend screaming in my ear about how someone didn't talk to her in the way that everyone is supposed to talk to her.

ugh maybe I should just break up. I'm in my bedroom pretending to "work" and hijacking a completely unrelated thread to complain about her

my life is a mess anons hold me
>>
>>16947475
Both in work and school and social settings

It's like I'm not even a legitimate person.
>>
>>16947429
>Am I being paranoid?
Nope. It's tough to get taken seriously when you're a girl anyway, and it's harder when you're fat. You're not imagining anything. Just don't assume that everybody who disses you, dislikes you, or looks down on you is doing it because of your weight or gender. Some will, and some people are just having a shit day or being a dick for general reasons. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out who's being a fat hater and who's not. It's an easy trap to fall into.

Source: am 40, female, and fat
>>
>>16947487

Well... not to be a dick, but, why exactly should they "respect you for your mind?"

The point I'm making is that people can pretty much just be assholes unless you give them a STRONG reason not to. and even then, respect is partial at best.

It's not just women. look at an actor like Philip Seymour Hoffman. EVERYONE respected his acting ability. EVERYONE agreed he was easily one of the best of his generation. Yet you can't really find an article that mentions him, or a review of one of his movies, or an online discussion of him, that doesn't find some way to mention that he's "fat" or "ugly" or at the very least "not conventionally handsome." So he might've been respected for his mind, but only because he worked to be GREAT at acting, and even then people still shat on his looks constantly.

In other words - The world doesn't owe you anything. It's rare to find a person who won't treat you like shit, no matter who you are. Those people should become your friends. Fuck the rest of them. Get what you need from them and focus on other things
>>
>>16947429
Depends. Are you "fat" like in pic related? I still find a lot of girls who are built this way to be really attractive, or are you talking really wide at the thighs and stomach fat. I guess "curvy" is the word I'm looking for.
>>
>>16947486

I'm honestly considering abandoning American women all together. Every contemporary person I idolize has married either mexican, spanish, or italian women. I've talked to some asian girls in my classes and they're always so polite and level-headed.

Seriously though, I know how you feel. At that point it is best you leave. You're deluding yourself into thinking you're happy or worse, things will "get better eventually"

When you at their families house saying "this is it, this is the time I leave" or you always fantasizing about just packing the things you need and getting a hotel for the night and finding an apartment it is time to go.
>>
>>16947471
If you're a woman, that's just life. It's worse if you're not attractive.
>>
>>16947497
I mean respecting me for my mind on the same level that they do for non-fat people. I don't seem to be getting as much respect as a person compared to them.
>>
>>16947429
Nope, that's pretty much accurate. Fat guy here, pretty much the same on the other gender, but I at least have a deep voice and muscle to reinforce my presence.
>>
>>16947513
Because you're fat people assume you're retarded because you're killing yourself with food. You don't respect yourself. Why should anyone else?
>>
>>16947513

But what I'm trying to say is that respect isn't exactly an entitlement. You have to earn it, in some way. So if your looks are a deficit, you have to make up for it in other areas. "Respectable" is a compliment. It's not just neutral. It's not a given.
>>
>>16947471
Your body is a reflection of your mind. Your body is your mind (biology 101). You are a living organism that is choosing to live a life conducive to your size.

You recognize correctly that others may make intelligent decisions based on their observations. However, you lack the confidence to either give no fucks about this or change to end it. Stop putting energy into this useless worry and instead choose an action.

[spoiler] I've lost approx 170lbs. At 5'6" you only have about 10-30lbs to get rid of depending on your musculature. Stop thinking about it and just act.[/spoiler]
>>
>>16947429
Either lose weight or find someone that loves you the way you are. Also don't take yourself so seriously. Who cares if those fuckers don't think you are a genius? Their opinion doesn't count for shit anyway.
>>
>>16947429
>>16947429
>>16947429

NYC
Y
C
>>
>>16947429
You're being paranoid. Some people are judging you... those peeps don't matter. Go live free, fat anon.

But that being said... you really should try to learn about exercise and diet and be /fit. Not for the world, but for yourself... your body was literally crafted by the natural forces of the universe (or god or w/e you like)... it's yours girl, crafted by the universe. It sticks by you, carries you around, makes you feel happy....

wouldn't you want to take good care of it after all it does for you?
>>
Yeah because you obviously lack self control (excessive eating) and are okay with looking like shit. No one respects that, either deal with it or stop being fat
>>
While I've lost a lot of weight, I don't really think I've changed in terms of who I am as a person. I mean sure its helped with my dating options of course, but if someone would gossip and make fun of someone over something so arbitrary why would I want them in my life, regardless of if I'm the target or not?

If you want to lose weight, more power to you. But it doesn't really make you a more well rounded person. Honestly, people who try to get on a soap box over shit like this are generally just trying to draw attention away from their own issues.

>>16947461
>I never get the "fat people smell" meme.
You just need to be proactive about your hygiene, because BO is definitely a bigger issue. A lot of people are very sloppy about that kind of thing, and it's even worse if they're overweight.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.