[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me 22 yo in college >always hang out with same 4 people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1438197497670.jpg (48KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1438197497670.jpg
48KB, 1680x1050px
>be me 22 yo in college
>always hang out with same 4 people
>one of the girls is into me
>She's hot
>but my close friend likes her
>he's also my roommate
>he asked her out she rejected
>this happened several times
>he can't seem to get over it.
>she proposed either we should do it behind his back or remain friends.
>I'd like her to be my gf tho

Should I confront him and face the consequences? Or just let her go? Is it too unethical to do it behind his back?
>>
>>16945565
>Should I confront him

About what? Just date her and let him know you didn't do it to be a dick to him. If he can't handle hit that's not your problem, and he shouldn't make it your problem. He doesn't have a right to her just because he likes her, that's a stupid expectation if he has it.
>>
>>16945571
yes that is true but it would be kinda awkward don't you think?
>>
>>16945575
The awkwardness is really from him being rejected by her, and that's already there anyway.
>>
It's not so much that it's unethical to hide it but he is going to find out eventually yknow. Be an adult and tell him up front. If he's incapable of being an adult then you may lose him as a friend.
>>
Go out with her. If he's a good friend he'll realize he didn't have a chance, and will be happy for you. If he gets mad then he's not a good friend. It's win/win
>>
OP here. I just talked to him. He just said okay and left. I hope I can remain friends with him. I'll tell her this now. Thank you guys.
>>
>>16945565
exact same thing happend to me and i held back for his sake.

would NOT do it again.

shes gonna get with someone eventually, might as well be you. dont put your roomates happiness befor your own and the girls.
>>
>>16945743
You probably cannot remain friends with him, but there's a strong argument to be made in favor of what you did. Nonetheless I'm of the belief that such situations are only invitations for drama. I prefer being single to being hassled. But that's just me. You do you.
>>
>>16945565

*shrug* I've come across similar situations two times with two different friends.

The first time, I "respected" the "bro code" and didn't do anything, and then my friend go butt hurt that she obviously liked me (even though I was doing my best to help him out), and we ended up having a fight and not talking for about a year. And felt like the entire thing was retarded because I not only didn't get the girl, but lost a friend.

The second time, i said fuck it, just told my friend I was going to go for it (which he said he was cool with), and ended up falling in love for the first time in my life. Also still friends with him and he later gave me props for coming to talk to him about it.

Just my experience OP. Hope it works out for you similarly. just know, either way, regret of doing nothing sucks more than than when it goes wrong..
>>
>>16945743
He's not going to be okay with it, he only said it because he felt he couldn't say no. I hope this girl is worth your friendship. I agree with >>16945763, it's not like you're in love with her or anything, all you seem to like about her is that she's attractive. That's a pretty shitty reason to ruin a friendship IMO, but if you think it's worth it, go for it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.