[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I have this nasty habit of picking the skin and nails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20160320_225652.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160320_225652.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /adv/ I have this nasty habit of picking the skin and nails on my fingers constantly. Ive been doing it since elementary school. How can I stop this shit?

Pic-related: my fucked up cuticles
>>
Self bumping because I really want to end this shit
>>
>>16941095
I'll bump because I have the same problem
>>
>>16941095
Look up EEG info

Find someone in your area that offers it. It's super cheap and affective.

I knew a girl who would pull her hair out (which is same kind of problem as biting your nails). She started the EEG and it really helped her hair pulling.

May sound silly but if you're serious about fixing it you should give it some research atleast.
>>
>>16941112
Is it also like a sub conscious thing for you too? I dont even think about it when im doing it.
>>
I have the same problem. Something that helped me is to try and assign a finger that I'm not going to mess with. I can tear into the others all I want. Then after a while, I make another finger safe. Then another.

Now I'm stuck with two fucked up nails and I'm not sure how to kick the habit completely
>>
>>16941118
Will look into it thanks
>>
>>16941119
I'm literally doing it right now and I didn't even notice it.
>>
File: image.jpg (875KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875KB, 3264x2448px
Hi op, I've had the problem too for many years (pic related)
It's called dermatophagia or excoriation disorder. Many people go to dermatologists to ask for treatments etc. ones I've heard that work on people are a nasty tasting nail polish type thing that you put around the nails to make them taste awful, therefore stoping the picking.
In the beginning I was told to keep my hands super moisturized and I used to wear soft gloves with lotion in them to bed to soften out my hands. It actually helped a bit for a while.
If femanon, fake nails usually do the trick(I completely stoppe when I had them)
Also, try finding a hobby where you use your hands a ton to keep your hands from wandering, whatever that may be.
If you do more research on dermatophagia people have lots of things they have personally used. I still haven't been able to stop, but at the same time, i don't really want to (terrible I know)
Best of luck to you, op.
>>
>>16941136
Screencapping this thank you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.