[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I find an ok job in science if I don't like hanging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image%3A396798.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A396798.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
Will I find an ok job in science if I don't like hanging out with people? All the cool smart kids love drinking and making connections.
And I will have less opportunities for finding future colleagues and such. Can I compensate this with hard work or something?
>>
>>16939463
>Can I compensate this with hard work or something?

lol are u serious? grow the fuck up and smell the coffee.
>>
>>16939471
I didn't understand the last part
>>
>>16939463
Your question is a bit absurd, I will try anyway :-)
>Will I find an ok job in science
If the science isn't economy / philosophy / humanities stuff then yes.
>OK job
That depends on what you actually want and how well you choose your job / career / education / location + lucky roll on dice...

>I don't like hanging out with people
That is called introvert and it means you can get label 'weirdo' in your future work. But if we are talking science, then all your coworkers can be weird and you will no problem at all :-D

>less opportunities
Yes, the less you talk with others the less you know about stuff what is going on.

>compensate
You compensate this by growing up and actually learning how to talk with others. You can start right away by going to dinner with schoolmates / coworkers and listening to theirs dreams, problems and stuff.
>>
>>16939588
Yeah, my bad, my writing is always like this.

Thought that introverted scientists was a thing, but it isn't true so far. There are weird people and lots of normal active people too among professors, who have jobs in the institutions.
I honestly did my best at finding job prospects in an organized manner. It kinda works. Graduating soon, duh. And I have a couple of motivated friends who stay in tune. I am just worried that I lack energy to meet more people at parties or other informal meetings and it'll bite me someday.
>>
>>16939588
It seems, I'll never grow up, I absolutely hate informal social gatherings with >4 people I don't know. It gets me nervous and I want it to end as soon as possible.
>>
to be honest there's this idea that all scientist are autists and we're weird but that's not true scientists will still go out and drink and do social shit they'll just probably be nice to you and actually try to be friends even though you're weird and not really friendly
>>
>>16939632
what's your major
>>
>>16939662
Don't know how it converts to us, something like primarily maths with physics and pretty good chemistry and biology
>>
>>16939660
Thanks, my groupmates are a lot like this, hope it'll be the same in the workplace
>>
>>16939673
I'm from europe, does this make it easier?
doing my masters in biology right now and there are definitively more extroverted people here but if you primarily math/physics there should be no problems with being 'that guy' as long as you're smart and have the results to back you
>>
>>16939686
Thanks anon, it's reassuring.
Tried to choose an introverted job, got a bit confused looking at other students.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.