[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it feel horrible to text someone and they don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 1403051586176.jpg (81KB, 781x619px) Image search: [Google]
1403051586176.jpg
81KB, 781x619px
Why does it feel horrible to text someone and they don't reply back?
>>
>>16930750
because its a form of rejection, even if its a small one
>>
>>16930750
it's a lesser version of saying hello to someone in person and them not responding.

humans are social creatures, we need attention to live in society, and when people you like deny you attention it's just as bad as them saying 'fuck off and die.' Given how many people (trolls) thrive off of negative attention, being ignored sometimes hurts worse than actual abuse.

I mean what actually happens with texting is that they're just lazy or were taking a shit and didn't see your text, but it's the same psychological principle.
>>
Not op, but what if someone will text you a lot one day, and then not reply for days?
>>
>>16930759
Lots of possibilities. Business, not knowing what to say, forgetting, etc

I sometimes ignore texts because the person is prone to having long conversations and I don't have time at that moment, so I reply when I have time
>>
>>16930759
>felt like talking then
>didn't feel like talking later

it's that simple senpai. Not everyone is a 24/7 extrovert
>>
>>16930765
Well, it's on Facebook and she hasn't looked at it yet, and she's been online.
>>16930766
Well, we're talking like a week here. Surely she could have said something in one minute.
>>
Girls are very fickle. They will just not reply for whatever reasons. Nothing you can do but treat it as a numbers game.
>>
>>16930759
she might just be tired of you

try to talk to her more in person texting is no way to have a real relationship, its a thing you do on the side
>>
>>16930750
I'm in this position now

texted her this morning

havent heard back even though its been 8 hours since she read it, and I know she has free time since she's on the train for hours today

makes me want to die
>>
>>16930769
Is what you asked time sensitive? If not, it doesn't matter when you get a reply.
That's actual introvert thought process, right there.

Don't bet on mind games when laziness or introversion is the likelier culprit
>>
>>16930789
I just asked her how's she's been, so I guess not. But it says she hasn't even read it so how would she know?
>>
Hm
>>
Is it normal that I got mad at my gf for replying to her friends' birthday wishes on facebook before mine??
>>
>>16930795
Maybe you'll never learn what other people are thinking by obsessing over whether or not they've read your bland, boring-ass texts.

spooky, I know

Seriously nigga a text like that is fucking white noise in an ocean of white noise, how old even are you kid
>>
>>16930795
"how have you been" is probably the least interesting thing to receive by text, responding to that is literally a chore
>>
>>16930799
Absolutely not, that's petty as shit
>>
File: 1457825559496.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1457825559496.png
456KB, 804x876px
>>16930807
>>16930809
It's not like that was the only thing I sent, we
re in different countries at the moment so it's the only option besides a phone call.
>>
>>16930809
>>16930807

On that topic, how would you open a conversation to a girl that you like but haven't talked to for a while besides "how have you been" and its variations?
>>
>>16930819
I'd talk about a shared interest we have, 'How have you been' is a replacement for 'Yo,' not a conversational topic in and of itself.

If your only interest is 'I want to put my penis in you' and the feeling is not mutual, it's understandable that you may be short on conversational topics, but really, you should know her better than us.
>>
>>16930795
Stop looking if the person has read it or not, that shit starts eating at your mood after a while.
>>
Don't give a fuck. Strangely, the best way to get a girl's attention is to not give a fuck. If you're desperate, you'll turn her off. If you show her that you've got other things to do than wait on her replies, she'll probably be more interested. But don't give a fuck. There are plenty of bitches around to fuck.
>>
>>16931060
this only works up until the point where you want a real relationship with somebody who you can actually communicate with
>>
I"m with you right here.

Last week I sent an fb message to a guy and he's not responded and I don't expect him to. He's friends with like a dozen other friends of mine but refuses to friend me.

Wtf is that? To me it's just being a little bitch. I messaged him because I heard some things that worried me about him. Because for some reason I care about this fucking kid. Because I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
>>16931144
He obviously doesn't care about you or finds you annoying
>>
>>16931087
It doesn't matter who you want a relationship with, you either display dominant energy or submissive energy. You want a confident, happy existence? Or live like an insecure cuck? You choose.
>>
>>16931150
Well, maybe he'll care after someone kicks his face in. (not me) When he walking around with a fucked-up face maybe he'll learn to suck it up and stop being a fucking bitch to people.
>>
I remember when I was in love, the time between her messages felt like centuries.
>>
>>16931492
this is where I'm at now

texted her this morning havent heard back all day

kind of want to die
>>
>>16931504
stay strong bro, sometimes people take forever to reply and it doesn't mean anything bad. I mean sometimes it does but it's very likely it doesn't.
>>
>>16931504
Try to put your mind to something else m8. Go for a walk, play your favorite game or watch TV until she replies.
>>
>>16931512
I turned off my phone so I would stop compulsively checking it and now I'm trying to forget with some tv and videogames but it hasn't been going good, can't stop thinking about her at all

things were going really well but the last day or so I'm worried our texting got a bit boring and I turned her off me
>>
>>16931525
It's true that texting gets boring pretty fast, if you two have done a good amount of that she might just be bored of talking to you through it.That doesn't mean she's bored of you though.
>>
>>16931545
I really, really, hope not

we were supposed to go out on a date thursday but she canceled at the last minute and we moved it to tomorrow now I'm worried she's going to do it again
>>
>>16931548
If she's doing that again you probably better get away from her though, as it's pretty clear she does not care about your feelings.
>>
>>16931561
yeah if she stands me up I'm going to have to reevaluate everything I just really really don't want that to be where things go, I like her so much
>>
>>16930750
>Girl gives me blowjob.
>Text her the next week.
>She doesn't reply.

Feels bad. I was used for sex, I think.
>>
People who don't reply are rude as shit
>>
>>16932017
or they dont think texting is as important as you do and have stuff going on
>>
File: smuggysmug.jpg (144KB, 489x366px) Image search: [Google]
smuggysmug.jpg
144KB, 489x366px
because your phone has a call function and you're not using it, so god is punishing you for being a little beta fagboy
>>
>>16932146
nobody calls anymore
>>
>>16931883
>Girl gives me blowjob
>Text her the next week
>She doesn't reply
>It's cause I have a small dick
>She wants nothing to do with me

Finished it for you.
>>
>having silly expectations

I don't reply to people for hours sometimes. So when someone doesn't reply to me immediately I don't turn into Butthurt Burt.

If it's important people call. If it's important and they sent a text for some dumbass reason and it doesn't get replied to they'll call next then. I'll be quicker to return a call then a text message if I miss it. I'll pick up the phone if it's call and I'm by my phone. To me there's less importance to a text. Maybe cause I'm older but that's just how I feel. You children and your need for instant gratification and short attention spans.
>>
>>16932200
>damn kids
>in my day we didnt hear word back from a maiden until two fortnights on the morrow by the swiftest horse
>and we liked it that way
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.