[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so goddamn hard to do work? Whether it's working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 14518723127231.jpg (19KB, 302x352px) Image search: [Google]
14518723127231.jpg
19KB, 302x352px
Why is it so goddamn hard to do work? Whether it's working on yourself or for other people, it feels like an uphill battle every single time. Is there some secret recipe to be motivated to work or are we just meant to suffer as humans?
>>
>we

speak for yourself nigga. i got out of that rut a long time ago. it's been a helluva ride and liberating to finally do things for yourself and not think of it as "work".
>>
>>16924344
how do?
>>
>>16924322
What are vitamins and diet like, is it balanced and healthy?

That old saying "You are what you eat" is true. >Eat shit feel like shit.
>Eat low energy foods have a low energy day.
>>
>>16924371
So are you saying that only people who don't eat healthy have this problem?
>>
>>16924371
bullshit, i eat like crap and i am in the best mental state i've been in years(the odd suicidal thought notwithstanding) >>16924344 again.

>>16924366
I think it varies from person to person but it has to do with goals and the like. There has to be something that you want to do or achieve that no matter what shit situation you are in it makes it seem worth it as it is a stepping stone.

I was in the complete gutter, was working and the days just slipped by. Before I knew it 3 years were gone and I had almost nothing to show for it. Eventually I got myself together and made a list of things that I wanted to do and since then I just work towards achieving them.

That's pretty much it, but you must have a sort of romanticized view towards it or you'll never keep up the desire to do it.

Again, it will probably be different but it's all about having something that you want to reach a goal or a dream. That sort of thing.
>>
>>16924419
>There has to be something that you want to do or achieve that no matter what shit situation you are in it makes it seem worth it as it is a stepping stone.

What was it for you?
>>
I've been wondering this myself.
>>
Work is bad because work has been bound to death for eons. The more you work, the more you must work. The less you work, the more resources your conserve, and the less you must work.

Even though "work" as a concept only exists to modern people, our lizard brains know exactly what it is and exactly why it is bad. This is why people with anxiety disorders (and normal people having exceptionally shitty/stressful times) can break into a cold, nervous sweat at the alarm clock going off in the morning. You are doing something unwanted yet necessary for continued survival, and you hate it.

You will never be motivated to work. You will always be motivated to pursue the things you love. If you can get a career you love, do it. If you can't (which essentially means "it is not a career"), you're fucked. The best you can hope for is to find a career that you can tie in with your work. A shitty example would be "wow, I really love snowboarding, so I'll spend my life operating this ski lift just so I can get a few free runs every day." A less shitty example would be "wow, I really love drawing. I'll get a job as an IT guy, so I can spend the majority of my 'working' time sitting at a desk and drawing."
>>
>>16925593
So you'll never be motivated to work, right? But what if you wanted to defeat the lizard brain, how could you do it?
>>
>>16925654
There's no real way to do it. You either exercise willpower and overcome it just from saying "I know it sucks, but I have to do it anyway," or you don't get anywhere.

If you have weak willpower, the best strategy I can offer is "don't think." I started walking recently, because I'm fat and getting in the mid 20s and starting to think about my health. If I put it off for even a few minutes after getting up, I skip it for the whole day. To avoid this, I put my phone across the room and set an alarm on it. When I get up, I grab the phone to turn the alarm off and walk right out the door. No chance to hesitate = you'll hopefully do what you need to do. Embrace the lizard brain's inability to reason towards procrastination, and you'll end up harnessing that innate fight-or-flight adrenaline.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.