[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>dating someone with debt. Hey. I'm 27, shes 25. She

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mog40qiFyl1raiuh2o1_1280.jpg (92KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mog40qiFyl1raiuh2o1_1280.jpg
92KB, 600x900px
>dating someone with debt.

Hey. I'm 27, shes 25. She has 50grand in debt + credit card. I have a full time job I can support myself no prob. On the other hand my gf of 2 years is going to be paying off university debt for a long time.

Here is my thing. At some point if we are still dating. She will want to have kids and won't be able to work. So who is stuck with the cheque at the end?

Anyone in this situation ?

I fucking never thought that this was an actual thing. They never told me this shit in school. -oh yeah btw whatever you do in the future you will be paying the debt of your other half.

im not even trying to sound like a dick. but fuck.
>>
>>16921593
If you get married then the debt becomes yours in effect. If you have kids you're going to be on the hook for child support, possibly even alimony if she was a stay at home mother.

A real man wouldn't care about this, do you also have problems with your penis size?
>>
>>16921607
>A real man wouldn't care about this, do you also have problems with your penis size?

wow a real man wouldn't care? I didn't plan for this shit. I was told men and women are equal. Someone going to university knows they have to pay their shit off from the job they get.

no. my dick is big
>>
Could she fake her own death and get out of the debt that way?
>>
>>16921614
if you didn't have size issues you wouldn't be bragging about size :^)
>>
>>16921621

I don't have an issue. its big. I have no issue with that.
>>
>>16921593
Why can't she work after having babies? Is she going to become handicapped? If you want a stay at home wife, paying for a degree she won't use is stupid. Get another woman.

How can she gave credit card debt?
>>
>>16921593
Crazy fucking debt. 2% on that is like a grand a year. And I'm willing to bet it's much higher than 2%.

I wouldn't touch that with a 50ft fuck pole unless she literally yelled OMG YOU'RE RIGHT and destroyed her card when it was pointed out.
Then spent 50 hours a week for two years trying to slash it. Despite that much debt probably taking 20+ years to clear comfortably.
>>
>>16921642

obviously. she can work after. I'm not really planning that.

I'm looking for advice for anyone going through this or have gone.

just seems like girls get an early retirement.
>>
really depends on whether or not she's got a good job and is doing what she needs to make that amount of debt manageable.

here's the real problem. its not how much she owes, its her credit score. you wanna go buy that house in a couple years, guess what, denied cause she's financially illiterate and has a score of 400. she needs a new car, going under your name adding liabilities and stress to your accounts cause she never got that job after college. even just renting an apartment, now you get to have a higher deposit, and possibly higher rent because she didn't set her financial foundations... and that's if her score doesn't get you guys denied.

if her score is good, she's financially savvy, and doing what needs to be done to make that debt manageable then it's all good. if not, fuck that, straight up. you will get financially reamed for as long as you are with her and so will your children if she is financially illiterate.
>>
>>16921709

wow.

we are in Canada so I'm not sure how much this works.

her attitude is this

>I'll be paying that off for a long time

during the time I dated her she took a year off. despite me pleading to her to get a job. Trying to help her out.

I want to date someone that is mature.
>>
>>16921727
put a ring on her before she gets away senpai.
>>
>>16921727
credit scores are used all over the world. some countries may have different protocols for using them i.e. maybe an apartment complex doesn't check your credit except in select situations or something like that... but credit scores are used in some form in just about every country I can think of.

taking a year off and whether or not she just screwed herself financially is kinda down to what the protocols of the institutions that she owes are. if she's got a year of debt forgiveness then she's gonna be screwed if she didn't have something lined up to start after her long vacation. two years, probably not a thing, but then I guess she's still okay. if it were me, I would not put a ring on that and make those debts an influence on your life unless its apparent that she has a plan to address them and is working toward it with real progress. not to say don't help her out or something like that, but thats over two times the average canadian student debt. must have been one hell of an education and if she's got her wits I'm sure she can leverage that into a job proportional to her education and debt load.
>>
>>16921871
true.

at the end of the day. I helped her out, understood and was patience. I told her that I think we will start to grow apart if she didn't get a job.

now she is volunteering and working a part time job until something works out. I honestly think in a year or 2 she will freak out and wants kids. Thus it becoming my problem in the future no matter what. NOW I know kids or not her money problem will be my problem to matter what happens.

in the end. The relationship felt more like me being a parent to her / care giver. Her parents took money from her and also put a car in her name that has $1600 of fines to it.

At this point I think she doesn't have the drive/push to hustler herself to get paying off these debts. I think to her she wants someone/something to take care of her problems.

In the end she is not mature. Nor is she doing anything to fix any of her financial problems.

fuck man. I love her. I care for her. I want her the best. But I don't think its with me. I'm also not thinking about me/my happiness in the end.

we just grew apart.
>>
>>16921593

you are going to be like marshal in HIMYM
>>
>>16921607
>A real man wouldn't care about this

Why don't you go fuck yourself? Get a job.
>>
http://reddit.com/r/TheRedPill
>>
>>16921903
Look dude, you have very valid concerns. Money is the #1 reason for divorce, and the fact this is already an issue with the two of you goes to show your relationship is nowhere near being ready for the thought of marriage.

If you want to salvage the relationship, you need to have a very serious talk with her. Don't talk down to her or belittle her or back her in a corner. Just explain, calmly, what you have expressed here. That you are very concerned she is not getting a career job (which she put herself in student debt for), and you simply are not willing to talk about marriage or kids until she has worked in her career for a while and has paid down a large portion of her debt. Getting hitched and kids are off the table until her life situation is under control. Not for a year, not for two years. We're talking 3, 4 or more years of her showing herself to be a responsible person who pays down her debt.
>>
>>16921593
Your future ex is also a future stripper. Mark my words.
>>
>>16921925
shes not that bad. shes a university graduate.

>>16921923
this is how I feel. I've told her that I'm not looking for kids for the next 5 years myself.

I never promised anything to her. I told her what I'm doing and what my plans are.

At this point I'm going to meet new girls. Continue dating her and try for a 3 sum / fucking other girls outside the relationship. she has told me I can do whatever I want with other girls. just wear a condom.

I dated her cause I was focus'd on getting a job myself. I am now on the other side of that. I have a job, make money, and now going forward with new goals.
>>
My buddy paid off a good chunk of his girlfriend's student loans. But 1) she's working 2) they've been together for 5+ years 3) asian family dynamics
>>
>>16921593
then don't marry her, finances break up most marriages anyways
>>
>>16921943
Alright man this relationship is sounding weitder and weirder. I would definitely NOT stay with her much longer
>>
>>16921903

are you her father or her boyfriend? just think about that
>>
>>16921903
Did she decide to take a year off from working and just racked up debt to pay for it?

Yeah nah she's a lazy bitch, not wife/mother material
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.