[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much can tell about a person judging by their closest friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1402349444596.jpg (60KB, 460x461px) Image search: [Google]
1402349444596.jpg
60KB, 460x461px
How much can tell about a person judging by their closest friends and charachteristics?
>>
>>16919938
Everything.
People who have shit taste in friends usually have either low self esteem or assholish qualities themselves - neither of which are positive traits.
>>
>>16919938
Pretty much alot. People you hang out the most tend to have alot of influence on you, so for example if somebody's clique is all about "we're so cool" that person's attitude might be quite narcisistic.
>>
>>16919938
Pretty much everything
>>
>>16919938
Depends. Some people tend to keep others around if they are useful for something and visa versa.

For example, I've always hated my band's other guitarist and we're pretty "close" after touring together and playing in a same band for years. Even if I dislike him as a person and his blatant alcoholism, I respect his musicianship and talent and like to very much keep him around.
>>
>>16919948
Self esteem is certainly the issue. What if you want whats best for this person and you need them to hang out with better people and improve themselves but also because you need your own space but dont see them creating a new social circle anytime soon ?
>>
>>16919970
Same, I don't think I'm an asshole, but I was friends with a lot of jocks in highschool because they were lazy fucks who didn't do hw either, they made me look like not a fucking loser, and a few of them were quite the bros. Other than that, I never left the house nor exercise, yet I was still around them.
>>
Everything. Even if they have a bunch of friends with all different weird and wonderful ways of life it usually means that they are very confused and uncommitted. Could be even deeper than that and they could be a sociopath like myself.
>>
>>16919988
>you need them to hang out with better people and improve themselves
You can't be that person on your own. Sounds like you need this person to hang out with more than just one good person for it to make a real impact. But if you're trying to help someone get their life together, that's different than "Yeah I hang out with this meth head because he tells the best stories and he's hilarious when he isn't high as shit."
>>
>>16919938
A lot but you have to look at all of their friends and figure how impressionable they are. For example, in high school I was a football player, honor roll student, community service, wave and greet everyone nice guy everyone was friends with. Literally everyone, school administrators had a boner for me because I didn't cuss, drink, party, and all that. The caveat was that my best friend was the biggest long haired, pothead, party animal, asshole (sometimes) around and the guys I hung out with most of the time were in that same clique (read; smoking, underage drinking, general delinquency, etc). He actually got me in trouble from time to time, and even though we were polar opposites he never compromised my values or "ruined my reputation" as a good guy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.