[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a fear of guns and a distrust of cops. I've always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1455153682949.jpg (24KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1455153682949.jpg
24KB, 400x533px
So I have a fear of guns and a distrust of cops. I've always been scared of guns and in my experience, cops have always done more harm than good. However, my boyfriend is very pro-gun and he's about to begin training at the police academy. I guess my thing is that I'd like to get over both my fear and my distrust because I care about him and I don't want to be scared anymore, plus my fear of guns makes me feel like a huge wimp. Are there any ways to do this or just overcoming fear in general?
>>
First, you need to figure out where the fear comes from.

Why are you scared of guns?

Do you have any specific situations that make you distrust the police?
>>
>>16917979

Why are you afraid of cops? They're literally there to protect you.

The best way to overcome fear is to confront it. Go shoot a gun at a range, get training... maybe start with something simple, like a BB Gun or .22 that couldn't really hurt you or anyone else if you tried. Just get comfortable.
>>
>>16917985
>Why are you afraid of cops? They're literally there to protect you.
I'm black
>>
>>16917984
Guns scare me just because of what people are able to do with them. They can end up in the wrong hands, lack of safety, availability. Plus the sound of them going off scares me to death.
>>16917985
That's what my boyfriend tells me and I want to believe him but I just can't see it the same way. It doesn't help with all the cop shit on the news making it worse. The gun range is something he suggested too but I'm not sure about it, I keep wimping out.
>>
>>16917991
I'm actually white but good try
>>
>>16917985
>literally there to protect
>what is Warren vs DC

Please tell me you are shitposting
>>
>>16917985
>cops are there to protect you
Cops carry out the law, they're not obliged to protect citizens.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.