[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my second year of computer engineering. Any way to transition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled33.png (282KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled33.png
282KB, 460x288px
In my second year of computer engineering.

Any way to transition to filmmaking, my true interest.
>>
>>16916618
*questionmark
>>
>>16916618
Study film in your part time and as a hobby.

Dont quit your day job for something as capricious and unstable as filmmaking.

Or you can go full tarantino and instead of spending money on tuition, you can budget your feature film.

The question is: are you good?
>>
>>16916618
I dropped out of a good engineering school to pursue my interests.

Don't do it. You are paying $50k per year for a piece of paper that will make other people pay you far more than that for the rest of your life. Don't throw away that piece of paper for one that more closely follows your interests, but in a field which is hard to enter.
>>
>>16916621
This is what I had in mind going into college, I wanted to develop some kind of remote, semi-passive income that would enable me to travel, film or do whatever. But my limited interest in actual computer technology makes it feel like I'm wasting time and falling for the college meme.

I also live in Sweden and I don't like the state-funded art establishment at all. So I guess I need money.

Am I good? Well, I think I so. I do think I have a sense for images, I've done photography and short films with my friends. But I think that subject is 90% of everything and on that point I feel that I really could make an imprint as some kind of political and cultural deviant in this country.

>>16916641
This is also a good point. If I had to pay for tuition fees I probably wouldn't have put myself in this situation, but I don't. Still, you have a good point. I don't have any particular plans on what do if I drop out and I'll have to face the likely possibility of me becoming --just-- a college dropout.

All this is just a weird, unnatural order of things though. I guess if I actually got started and applied the skills I've learned so far toward web development etc. I would at least be progressing toward independence.
>>
Are there ANY engineers-turned-filmmakers other than Shane Carruth?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.