[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'll never have a girlfriend. How do you get over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1457945210296.jpg (229KB, 2512x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1457945210296.jpg
229KB, 2512x1408px
>I'll never have a girlfriend.

How do you get over this /adv/?
>>
>>16914388
Get a boyfriend.
>>
Date a trap. Similarish.
>>
>>16914388
Why not practice secular mindfulness?

Don't worry about what you think the future holds, because you really don't know. Just enjoy the moment and stop crying about shit.
>>
>>16914388
If you're okay with this situation, why bothering?
Do you want to change your situation? Then do something about it. Make yourself better. Improve how you look and how you dress yourself. Improve how you act in various situations and with people around you. Make your life interesting for others and far more important for you too. You have to like yourself and then another person will like to have you around.
>>
Maybe the fact that no one found you attractive so far means that there's nothing attractive about you? Looks and personality wise.
>>
>>16914407
>secular mindfulness
The only form of meditation crap I actually see the point of. Having grown up with hippies that's a lot of fails for this one success.

It's really good shit and should probably be taught at daycare.
>>
>>16914425
How does that help anon? They still have needs.
>>
>>16914425
>>16914435
Ya that didn't help me.
>>
>>16914435
First step to fixing a problem is recognizing you have one. Also life isn't fair and you don't deserve any good thing to happen to you.
>>
>>16914431
You're right about mindfulness being amazingly useful. Wrong about the rest though :/
>>
>>16914438
>Also life isn't fair and you don't deserve any good thing to happen to you.

Then what's the point, why not just suicide?
>>
>>16914454
Cause that doesn't mean good things don't happen to you. It just means that there is no karma in life and sometimes you will get fucked over.
>>
>>16914456
Nice sentence anon! OP take this sentence and remember that you have to work for good things in life and that life can be difficult sometimes.
>>
>>16914466
I mean, you might work for the good stuff as hard as you can and still not get it. I mean that as well.
>>
>>16914466
It's difficult most of the time.

For a while (2 years maybe), I tried hard as fuck and it didn't really get me anywhere. Not to be attention whore but sudoku doesn't seem like a terrible option.
>>
>>16914467
Sure can happen. But by not trying it is guaranteed that no good things will happen. If you try and nothing comes out of this, you can still say to yourself, that you tried your best and that you did something about it.
Women also like this attitude: A man who fights for the things he wants.
>>
>>16914475
Some women do, some women prefer w a guy who just gets the things he wants instead of trying to get them, some don't care.
>>
>>16914486
Of course, but not trying will show them that you are not trying. I don't know if women or men like this.
If you try you still can gain what you wanted. You don't know before you didn't tried, if you will have success to get what you wanted.
Even more: Then find a women which like a man who tries and wants to change the situation. I mean the other women might not be compatible for you.
Because there are women which prefer other things isn't a reason not to work on yourself.
>>
Find a girl who would never have a boyfriend.
Make her your girlfriend.

>It worked for me.
>>
>>16914388
Take full advantage of it. Do things that interest you. You got one life, don't waste it wishing for things to be different.
>>
File: idontgetit.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
idontgetit.gif
2MB, 371x209px
For some reason every time I get close to getting a girlfriend I sabotage myself because it starts getting too real.
>>
I used to think I would never get a girlfriend. I started joining different social groups, going to parties and outings, meeting lots of people. A girl in my city's National Novel Writing Group wound up asking me out, and the best part was that I hadn't done anything to attract her. Since we were all just meeting together to have fun and write we got together because she was genuinely interested in me. After that relationship I had the confidence to ask women out, because even if I think I'm a waste of flesh there are women out there that don't see it.
>>
>>16914388
>I'll mever not have a girlfriend.

How do I grt over this /adv/?
>>
>>16914388
By realising that while would make you less lonely it would also make you less happy.

>>16915184
>started joining social groups
>going to parties and outings
> meeting lots of people
That sounds absolutely horrid. Why would you deliberately inflict that on yourself?

>even if I think I'm a waste of flesh there are women out there that don't see it.
Personally I think you have this backwards. I've learned that other people are better judges of your character than you are because their view of you is uncoloured by the bias of self-perception. They just judge how you actually act, and its how you actually act that counts. Fact is, your own low opinion of yourself is inadmissible.
>>
>>16916440
I inflicted it in myself because I had the same group of friends since elementary school, but by university we all hated each other and everyone was getting bad mouthed behind their backs. I decided to get over my crippling shyness and try interacting with other people, and I wound up with a brand new social circle of friends that I love.
>>
>>16916468
Well, to each their own I guess. I don't have a social circle and I can't really understand the desire for one. I have a couple friends from school/university that I exchange email correspondence with and meet once in a blue moon, and that's plenty of social interaction for me.

I haven't had trouble with shyness for a long time, I can talk to people just fine. I just don't want to, I don't really enjoy it.
>>
Grass is always greener, anon. I don't believe relationships/gfs are always worth it or that they guarantee happiness. The few times I've been with women and opened up definitely wasn't worth the dates, money, pain and mental fuckery I went through. Even the nicest girls knew what to say in order to stab me right in the heart.

Getting a gf isn't hard. You can get one. Getting a good, loyal gf is the tricky part.
>>
>>16916522
Introversion vs extroversion, I suppose.
>>
>>16916537
> getting a gf isnt hard

must be nice livin that chad life

> inb4 no im just average just b urself

youre not fucking ugly like some of us on here. just because you dont have problems doesnt mean no one does
>>
Just work out nigga or build confidence. This friend of mine had a gf and he was a fucking faggot. Pic related. Quit being a beta faggot.
>>
>>16916598
>must be nice livin that chad life
Hardly. Skinnyfat guy. Huge nose and almost Freddie Mercury-tier front teeth.

>inb4 no im just average just b urself
>youre not fucking ugly like some of us on here. just because you dont have problems doesnt mean no one does

I've been shot down plenty of times. Being yourself won't work if you're a shitty person with a chip on his shoulder. Unless you're monstrously ugly and can't physically socialize at all you can get a gf. You'll just have to address your issues, make yourself attractive and brace for any and all rejection. Whining on the internet or dodging your issues won't get you far. I'm not unfamiliar with issues. Used to be a shy beta guy but made myself take public speaking courses, dressed nicer and approached people. I still feel like I'm infront of a firing squad at times but through work I can calm myself down despite still feelung insecure. Through work you can improve and the worst that'll happen is failure that you can shrug off.

Seriously. I have a friend that is fat and not that good looking but he's dating a super fucking fine petite redhead. He's just a lively guy, has a good future and is great to be around.
>>
>>16914407
>secular mindfulness
Oh look. Bullshit.
>>
Tbh I don't want a girlfriend, I just want to get laid a bunch, but that requires being higher than 8/10 otherwise you are beta provider territory.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.