[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a friend who is good-looking, thin, smart, funny, she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg (28KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
Everything_is_Terrible!.jpg
28KB, 300x204px
I have a friend who is good-looking, thin, smart, funny, she cooks, cleans, and has hobbies and activities. She's 29, has a good job, and lives alone.

We've both had some shitty relationship luck over the years, and have dealt with some very damaging people. But she always complains about how she's hideous, and a fat whale, and she's so disgusting that no one will ever want her. Some body dysmorphia I guess...? Even though we wear the same size, and she says I'm tiny. She says no guy will even look at her, and she's just going to die alone, she's worthless and deserves it, etc.

Here's the kicker though- there's been multiple decent dudes interested in her, and she's turned them all down. He looks like he has Downs! He has no chin! He's too short! etc. If I honestly thought of myself as terribly as she does, the last thing I'd want is to date some Adonis. She also complains that I always seem to have someone, and she never does. However I......... have literally turned no one down for the most part when I'm single.

It's just getting frustrating and there's NO logic that seems to get through to her. Does anyone know anyone like this? How do you deal with it, or do you not bother?
>>
I'm like her I guess.
Late 20s, does things like that. Single.
I don't believe in compromise. I've dated lots of people I got off "kinda ok" with, but I turned them down.

So what you want?
To date her? Or to get her a date she wants?
>>
>>16913200
There's a difference between "not settling" and being kind of nutty about it. I doubt you think you're disgusting and unworthy of love, yet find so many others that you're not interested in, especially based on looks.

I'm straight, so I definitely don't want to date her myself. And I don't think her dating a guy will really fix this underlying issue either... it's the whole thing of it.
>>
>>16913189
She has low self esteem or body issues and unrealistically high standards.

Those are common problems, and you can't fix them. She can, if she wants to.
>>
>>16913217
Oh so you're a woman.
I expected a snivelling man who wanted to fuck her but was too cowardly and ugly to go for it.

I don't think you can really help.
She needs someone of whom she is attracted to to disregard her inferiority complex and tell her that she's desirable.
You can't really help that
>>
>>16913189
She's immature and a bit of a princess probably
My sister is exactly like that, always complaining that "omg even midgets have boyfriends so why can't I what is wrong with me??" but when you ask if she would like to date the same man the said midget is dating she goes all "eww, no". So basically she's a dumb entitled bitch.
>>
>>16913230
Overweight dude here: honestly for me all it took was someone expressing possible interest to snap me out of it. I'm still not into myself, but I no longer assume nobody could ever be.

Of course OPs friend routinely rejects people, so either shed need something stronger or straight up therapy.
>>
>>16913219
Is it common for it to be THIS severe? I've never had any other friends this bad.

It's starting to get frustrating. "it must be nice to have someone." "I wish I wasn't so disgusting so someone would love me." So-and-so is really cool, and he has a crush on you! "No, I don't like his little teeth!" I've told her that she's being ridiculous, and what she thinks and her actions don't make any sense.

I don't mind someone having high standards, but constantly complaining about NO ONE being interested has started to wear down my patience.
>>
>>16913246
Yes yes that sounds exactly like my sister
Low self esteem AND a victim complex AND being entitled = that shitty behavior
She's her own worst enemy
>>
So you don't turn guys down and think she's picky for doing it?
lol
>>
>>16913230
>>16913240
Yeah, I think therapy might be the best bet. As a friend I can't fix this shit in her head.

We're the same height/weight, but she somehow sees herself as a hugely obese person. Which is weird, because she KNOWS the size labels aren't lying to her... She wears bikinis, which I would NEVER do if I thought myself to be a cow. It's all so nonsensical, I can't really put myself in her shoes, I don't get it.

>>16913239
And I've had almost the exact same convo with her that you had with your sister... same response. She's a really nice chick otherwise though, no sense of entitlement in other areas.
>>
she's probably got her self into a downward spiral of thoughts. If she's lonely it's easy for that to happen. You 2 should go out for drinks and meet people and more friends.
>>
>>16913269
Just be a wingman to her.
That's all you can do.
You can't fix her insecurities.

Just be there when she needs it.
Push her to go to bars and dates and shit where she'll meet a guy
>>
>>16913269
My sister doesn't show much entitlement in other areas either, she just thinks prince charming should fall out of the sky and scoop up her up to his mansion in Hawaii for some reason. Like honestly. If you even suggest "well maybe you should try going out more and start a conversation with the guys you like??" it's like you're asking her to defuse a bomb or something
>>
>>16913267
I'm on the other end of the scale- I'm extremely unpicky. I genuinely find everyone to be "awwww cuuuuttteeee" which is lucky for me. I don't think it's a good idea for someone to artificially lower their standards. They can't help what they are/aren't attracted to.

>>16913272
>>16913278
We go out sometimes, but she usually doesn't see anyone she really likes.

I guess I just have to continue to be patient, stop trying to apply logic to it because it'll just make me crazy, and just be there for her.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.