[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I go to the movies alone? Is this weird? Will people notice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: how.jpg (90KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
how.jpg
90KB, 960x540px
Can I go to the movies alone?
Is this weird?
Will people notice I am alone?

I recently got out of a relationship where everything I did was with him and now I don't know how to go out alone.
>>
yes, its fine. go. dont worry about what other people think
>>
Go in the morning.
>>
>>16913028
I'm thinking about it. I think its empowering. I think ill feel good
>>
>>16913028
I went to the movies alone yesterday for the first time.

Wasn't bad at all. I mean its odd not having someone to shoot the shit with while you're there but to an extent its good because they won't be trying to talk to you or anything like that. People will notice you're alone but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>16913028
I go all the time alone! I love going to the earliest showing, mainly because there is rarely any crowds and it feels like i have the movie theater to myself.
>>
Thanks /adv/ I think I will go and not worry about anyone else.
>>
>>16913028

I'd make sure you check your local cinema's no singles policy first. I had a very embarrassing moment when security confronted me in the showers to make sure I had a companion and they made me exit without a refund or toweling off.
>>
>>16913072
Lol really? That would be really embarrassing. Well I just checked and there is nothing like that stated. I have never heard of anything like that before either, unless it was a valentines day special or something?..weird nonetheless.
>>
>>16913028
The first person I loved went to the movies alone.
>>
>>16913072
That sounds more like a bath house that happens to play movies or something.

Where is this?
>>
>>16913072
>security confronted me in the showers
>the showers
>in the cinema

Wat?
>>
>>16913117
There are showers at the movie theatre?
>>
>>16913117
It's an incredibly stupid /tv/ meme but I wouldn't expect much since /tv/ has turned to shit like most of the other boards here.
>>
>>16913103
>>16913117

Just your run of the mill cinema in everytown, USA, friends. I haven't been to a film without a good shower in a while, it's kind of unclean not to. Do you know how many people shuffle in and out of the theater each day?

It's simple, grab a friend to see a flick, stop in for a quick hot shower, head to the concession stand for some diet pop and a half lb. of crab legs, extra butter, then movie time. Always sure to clap at the end so they know I like it, too. Otherwise it's rude.
>>
>will strangers care if I watch a show in a dark room without bringing someone with whom I familiar while said strangers also watch the same show?

Come on, son.

The only people who will care are the ones who come in at the last seconds before Showtime with a large group because they will want you to give up your seat for them. Fuck them. If they want to sit together, they should arrive earlier. You shouldn't have to give up your good seat to sit in the front for them.
>>
>>16913135
See this is the shit I'm talking about. It's incredibly forced and not even funny. Again what would you expect from the morons that got hard over baneposting.

Don't you have some obscure foreign kino to watch since you're a patrician.
>>
>>16913143

My friends went to see Zoolander 2 at a theater with assigned seats, and there was only one other person in the theater, who was somehow in one of their seats. They made him move. Kind of a dick move, kinda funny.

>>16913145

Hey man, no need to get so angry, I just like crab legs and a hot shower. You're lucky I don't sic my falcon on you.
>>
>>16913155
>can't even make fresh memes
>resorts to copying other people

The whole point of those dumbass threads in /tv/ were for people to make up original, and even more exaggerated, versions. All your shit is stale son.
>>
>>16913124
Ah, thanks.
>>
haha wow i would never go to the theatre alone. not because others would judge me but because i would feel shitty. i always feel awful when i'm the only lonely person among others.
>>
File: 1456029781328.gif (31KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456029781328.gif
31KB, 250x250px
>>16913167

I'm not in it for fresh memes, I'm in it for dank memes.
>>
You're literally going somewhere to watch a movie in the dark where you wouldn't be talking anyway. I never understood why people have a problem with this. Hell I went to a concert by myself and it was amazing.
>>
I used to think this, but it does not matter that much. You are not suppoused to talk in the movies as well, so is not like the company is necesary. GO for it OP.
>>
>>16913028
It is weird in the sense that not many people do it, but do you really care what others think? It's not like they'll throw you in jail or something. Worst that will happen is a few insecure people will think to themselves about you being there alone.

If you're that nervous about it, go during a slow time (like the mornings during a weekday).
>>
Is it weird to go grocery shopping by yourself?
>>
>>16913698
Absolutely not. Don't go on Sundays and the first 3 days of the month if you want to avoid crowding people.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.