[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At the end of last month I experienced the last of what has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: alcoholic1.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic1.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
At the end of last month I experienced the last of what has been many rock bottom moments for me with drinking, and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm an alcoholic.

I've begun the process of trying to quit. I've been sober for 15 days and have never felt better. It's the longest I've ever gone without drink. While I'm finding it manageable (distracting myself with the gym, other hobbies), I am absolutely terrified of socializing without it. Booze has always been my crutch when I go out with friends, talking to girls, being social at bars, etc.

Since I quit, I've been dodging my friends and staying in on weekends. I want to go out with my friends again while sober. But I feel like it will be impossible to continue meeting girls / making new friends when I become that weird guy at the bar who doesn't drink. Anyone on /adv/ ever been in a situation like this?
>>
pretend you're drinking but obviously don't have any alcohol and be the vibrant life of the party. as everyone gets wasted you'll feel good knowing you're in control and sharp thinking and witty.
>>
>>16912093

Hey OP, alcoholic here too... that social crutch is really a big deal for me too. I'm also on a sober stint (but I don't feel as good as you do).

Something that works for me occasionally is energy drinks. I find that if I'm more hyper, I'm more chatty, and I get a little more comfortable myself in a bit.

It isn't easy to be the sober person at the bar, especially when everyone thinks you're the life of the party. I normally just play it off as the cool guy that's working out and getting in shape - funny enough, people don't seem to question vanity as much as they do "having a problem" or "I just don't want to drink."

It's probably best to come clean with your buddies, but I wouldn't bring up the awkwardness to women or new people right off the bat.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.