[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I might be getting kicked out of my apartment soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: peep.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
peep.png
139KB, 917x871px
Hey /adv/ I might be getting kicked out of my apartment soon.

Can you guys tell me if I'm in the wrong here please:

>be 24
>move into a room in a three-bedroom apartment
>live-in landlord is a ~40 year old woman from Mongolia
>other person is a ~40 year old guy from Bolivia
>soon after I move in two girls (her sisters) move in too
>none of the three females speak English well at all
>I'm quiet, keep to myself and eat in my room
>bathroom is in the next room
>they tend to take long showers, often at like 11:30pm, sometimes later
>the two sisters don't appear to work
>bathroom is filled with mold and there are small bugs all over the tiles
>sometimes when brushing my teeth there are boogers around the sink basin
>sometimes when I'm eating one person who showers blows their nose a bunch of times in the shower
>knock the wall occasionally out of frustration if I hear it and I'm eating
>just knocked the wall now since it turns me off my food
>after the shower the Bolivian guy slams his door and begins hawking real loud to make a point
>I go out to ask him to keep it down
>he tells me everybody there has issues with me not integrating
>I explain I'm happy to change my behaviour if asked (using the heating too often, not opening the bathroom window in the morning sometimes)
>he basically says a bunch of shit about me
>implies I'm about to get kicked out
>>
Please respond. I feel like shit right now.
>>
Why the fuck would you live there, I'd rather live in a 12x12 storage closet with a single outlet inside
>>
>>16908525
I had to find somewhere quick and the rent in this city is so high I pretty much take what I can.

Am I in the wrong for tapping the wall like that?

I know it's kinda passive-aggressive but if I started asking people to do things differently I'd be asking them a million times.
>>
Please respond.
>>
>>16908516
sounds like a really crappy, gross place to stay at. I'd move out of there asap.
>>
>>16908532
Fuck it, just get looking for some hole in the wall. These people don't sounds very legit, I doubt you signed anything. So find a new place and go, fuck the rent, just live alone.

What city?
>>
>>16908539
But am I in the wrong here?

I mean when I moved in they said "no parties, no smoking" etc and I said I was very quiet and spent most of my time reading. One of the sisters who just moved in spends a lot of her time sitting in the small kitchen using the work surface as a desk which is partly why I avoid cooking stuff.
>>
>>16908546
London.

Also he just said "you were only going to stay for three months so it's ok" in a patronizing tone. I had wanted to stay for three months but she said she wanted someone long-term so I agreed for like five months with no contract. She has a month's rent as a deposit, and the only evidence of that is the email I made sure to send saying "I have X amount for deposit" and her saying "thanks" in email reply.
>>
>>16908516
Just move away from the roaches
>>
>>16908557
But am I in the wrong?

The guy was like "what are you three years old hitting the wall like that?" and I explained at first I thought it was the people upstairs since there's a shower directly above my room and I sometimes have to prod the ceiling at like 1am if they are stomping around or shouting upstairs.

I explained that in Britain we blow our nose in tissue and bin it or flush it and he said "maybe you should go live with British people". He said "I'm not your father. You seem like you grew up with grandparents (not sure what this meant) and said that he's annoyed by me ordering so many books since it wakes him up when the postman comes etc".

I said if he had explained that to me I'd have ordered less and if he thought the heating was too high I'd try not to use it so often (my room is often cold to the point of seeing my breath), but he said he's not changing at all for me and just said it was going nowhere so the landlord lady will have a talk with me later.
>>
>>16908576
Are you an adult or not? The only person who's ever treated me like that has been a drill sergeant, dude, just go somewhere else. Pick your battles man, this isn't worth fighting over, there's nothing of worth there.
>>
Ofcourse you are going to be right when you don't show your negative sides
>>
Where will you live if you can't even live with yourself?
>>
>>16908583
I am an adult but as gay as this sounds growing up without a father and being subsequently shit-talked by him a lot has made me feel inferior to any older male, as if they know something about me I don't.

>>16908584
What does this mean?

I didn't become angry with this guy or shit-talk him, but when he became patronizing I responded in kind and explained that the sink is for brushing your teeth and washing your hands, not spraying your boogers everywhere.

I mean when I first moved here I asked for a written receipt of my deposit etc but she couldn't understand English for shit so I settled for email evidence. Then within days I didn't at all appreciate that 5 people were now sharing a three-bedroom apartment with no living room and a tiny toilet. I am pretty sensitive to sound but only if it's like 11:30pm and I'm trying to sleep and someone decides to shower for 20 minutes.
>>
>>16908597
What do you mean by this?

I mean I guess I am easily convinced that I am a shit-tier person.
>>
Listen, I know rent in London is insane but you can find another flat. It was passive aggressive yes, but anyone would be if they had to live in a shit hole like that. Find a place, give them a months notice, and if the landlord tries to refuse your deposit threaten to sue. It's unlikely she would ever let it go to court, but take pictures of the mold/bugs/dirt just in case. I live in London too and yes, rent is high and the houses are shit but you don't have to live in a shit hole like that.
>>
>>16908637
I do feel stupid / childish for being passive aggressive but there has been so much shit to put up with, what with the bugs, the long late showers, the people moving in that I just detach myself from them and only react like that if I'm eating and someone starts blowing their nose.

I mean am I wrong in thinking it isn't normal to blow your nose (at least in an audible way) multiple times every single time you shower?
>>
>>16908637
Also thanks for the advice everybody.

I am shaking right now. I don't know a single person in this city and the idea of getting out worries me, especially since I'm a quiet person in general and tend to be down on myself a lot and suspect others of disliking me.
>>
>>16908604
I sometimes feel that way about older men myself, having grown up with no dad. But then I saw him die in a coma, completed a lot of confidence building milestones, and now I feel like nobody can tell me shit. And my life is better, I'm more confident, I feel like I get what I want, not just what I deserve.

So I do understand where you're coming from, it's not easy to break out of that mind set, but you just have to. The same way a caterpillar needs to break out of his cocoon, man. You'll just die if you don't.

The first small step for you is too just leave that place. What's the worst that can happen?
>>
>>16908652
True enough. And thank you. I am very prone to panicking and thinking of elaborately bad situations which I then view as inevitable. I guess I just feel in a bad place right now socially, work-wise and I suppose mentally and everything seems to be coming to a head as it were. Mountains out of mole hills I guess but again thank you.
>>
>>16908649
Think of it like this. You have no one in this city, and obviously your flatmates aren't going to be your friends. But London is full of people your age and you might be able to secure a room in a flat with others who will respect you and even befriend you. What have you got to lose?
>>
>>16908668
No problem. If it helps, I made my first apartment out of my d&d/mtg group. It wasn't the cleanest nerd cave, but fuck if it wasn't comfy. Find people that share an interest with you that you can connect to (difficult in today's world, I know) and you'll be happier relying on them, and having them really on you.
>>
>>16908687
I'm looking online for flats in the area right now and there seem to be ones available.

My next rent payment is due tomorrow. Should I pay it or should I talk to the landlord lady first (even though she can't talk for shit) and see if she'll consider my deposit the final rent payment?

I don't want to get shafted here but I think their being foreign will work in my favour and dissuade them from doing so. How this lady bought this flat I don't know, or how she has a job.
>>
OP here. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate having people to talk to a great deal. Sorry for sounding like a little bitch or whatever.
>>
Final question /adv/

Am I wrong in thinking it's not normal to blow your nose loudly a bunch of times when using the shower? Like so loud the person in the next room can hear it, and can hear that stuff is coming out of your nose?
>>
>>16908549
no, you're not in the wrong. I'd feel uncomfortable staying there too.
move out of there. london can be a scary place at first, but I'm sure you can find yourself a better flat with nicer flatmates.
and listen to >>16908703's advice.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.