[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend suffers with clinical depression, and has had it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
My girlfriend suffers with clinical depression, and has had it for years. She took a turn for the worst last year and now she visits her doctor frequently to get help (meds and therapy). She has gained A LOT of weight (close to 70lbs) since the dip in her mental health last year, and although I love her, and want to support her. I'm no longer sexually attracted to her.

How do I get her to lose the weight, without making her depression worse?

I'm not going to post a pic of her, but the pic attached is almost exactly what she used to look like when I first met her.
>>
How much did she weigh before? And how tall was she? How much does she weigh now? .that's a tricky one. Maybe say you want to get fit and invite her to come to the gym with you. Did she gain because meds? Or overeating/lack of activity?
>>
>>16903777
To answer your questions:

She's about 5'7". And was a cute chubby at around 180lbs. She's put on about 70lbs since last summer ish. The reason being from both the side affects of meds, and from the depression taking its toll by overeating and minimal activity. She's currently got sick leave from work and barely leaves the house.
I'm continuing to support her and tell her it's something we both have to work on together. I'm trying to be particularly healthy and workout more, so that she follows suit.
>>
>>16903864
If she's depressed she won't just magically follow suit like that.
You need to encourage her, very very gently.

Go for long walks together maybe play a sport together.
It's a way of getting her to exercise more without it feeling like 'exercise'
She's probably v e r y aware of the fact that she's gained weight it's unlikely she'd want to go to the gym
>>
>>16903702
Hi :) as a girl who suffers from the same thing I think I can help you. The medication does make you put on weight. Plus the best comfort is food when your feeling down.
The best way to go about it is ... Say you want to get fit! Say will you help me? I need your help getting fit! I need the motivation and in turn she will help you because she loves you and ultimately help herself.
Also maybe get her to read about endorphins in exercise its what helped me. As soon as she gets some in dauphins she will immediately feel better about herself and in turn lose weight.
But mostly don't lose your relationship over the way she looks. She is sad and going threw some bad things but think about if this was you how would you want her to help you.

I hope this helps a little!
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.