[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fiance family are not coming to our wedding because they do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: pp.jpg (49KB, 800x406px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
49KB, 800x406px
My fiance family are not coming to our wedding because they do not like to travel.
I have a serve anxiety disorder so I can not handle being in a building with that many people looking at me. So we are getting married on the beach. My fiance and I have everything planned and my fiance really angry that they are not coming.
My fiance family is now asking for us to buy extra photos to give them and also to send them invitations even though they said they are not going.

How do I deal with this bullshitery? We just wanted our wedding day to be comfy and relaxing. Why do they want invitations if they are not coming?? I am going to have to pay 100 dollars just to send them invitations.
>>
>>16899871
>Why do they want invitations if they are not coming?? I am going to have to pay 100 dollars just to send them invitations.
You're paying for peace. And they'll prolly stuff the invitation into a shoebox and keep it as a memento. How smart is antagonizing your inlaws?
>>
>>16899871
don't send the invitations, just the photos. if they insist say you can't afford it on top of other wedding expenses and that they'll have to send you money to cover those costs if they want to lie to people say say they came

odds are they don't want to pay to travel, it's not that they don't want to.

your wedding is about you two, not them.
>>
>>16899871
Listening to retards and autists like >>16899985 will result in your inlaws resenting you. Sometimes life shits on you. Bite the bullet and chose the least damaging path.
>>
>>16900033
Weddings are about the couple getting married, not shitty inlaws who can't be bothered to show up.
>>
Generally speaking, social etiquette demands that you send a wedding gift if you rsvp no.

Unless your future in laws are known to be a family of cheaparses, it is better for you to spend the $100 and get it back in a sorry-cannot-attend wedding gift.
>>
>>16900064
You're dumber than a sack of potatoes.

>Weddings are about the couple getting married, not shitty inlaws who can't be bothered to show up.
Weddings are about both. OP will have to maintain some relationship with his inlaws and it is in his best interest to not give them any ammunition they can use to stir up shit and shoot at him. Are you so fucking dumb and deluded that you can't into basic interpersonal relationships?

It's nice being a smartass on the internet when someone else will pay the price of your shitty philosophies. Now, stop being a retard and shut up if you don't have anything smart to say.
>>
>>16900064
Weddings are about two people AND THEIR FAMILIES coming together to create a new union. If OP listens to you, the fiance's family is just going to resent them. It's just a fucking invitation and some photos, if you're spending money on this stuff anyway, it's not going to cost THAT much more.
>>
>>16900067
Even if it wasn't social etiquette, you'd think family would send a present. I can understand someone like a distant cousin or a not-so-close friend not sending a present if they can't make it, but family should always do so.
>>
>>16900067
I do not want gifts my fiance and I are paying for everything. His parents are aware of this.

>>16900113
I was not planning on doing invitations because I built a website. Invitations are going to cost at least 300 dollars and extra prints will cost at least 100. I am not upset that they are not going my fiance is I did not expect anyone to come I can understand how much travelling in today economy is. I just do not like the fact his family is expecting me to pocket everything forward when we are paying for everything already. They do not understand how much this stuff costs now a days. His family also keeps trying to convince us to have the wedding here but I can not have it here I have it will not be pleasant for me and for the venue and reception it will cost another 7000 dollars than what we are paying now to go away.
>>
>>16900140
Send the fucking invite to avoid drama. It's that simple, you cunt.
>>
>>16900149
I could spend that money on something fun my fiance would enjoy on our honeymoon. I should not be bullied into doing something.
>>
>>16900140
What does a website have to do with anything? Also the way I see it, you'd have been spending money on the invites anyway if they had been coming. That is something that you should at least do for them, especially if you're sending your own family invites. As for the photos, get someone with a good phone to shoot some and have them printed off, that's basically the same thing. This is their son that's getting married, I'm sure they want to come but if they can't, you should be trying to help them feel involved and present. There's no better way to get off on the wrong foot with them.
>>
>>16900160
My family actually told me they did not want invitations and to spend the money on photography instead for them. That is why I made the site so everyone has access to the information.
>>
>>16900154
Then it's an understandable no on your side. I'd also ask your Fiance about it.

They'll be getting pictures so they have nothing to complain about. If they get angry then you at least know you'll be dealing with realities who will throw a tantrum about not getting an expensive piece of paper they'll just loose to a wedding they couldn't be bothered to attend. And as you said you aren't doing invitations at all so there's no reason to make a special case for them and waste money that you could probably use for bills and shit.
>>
>>16900154
You're not being bullied, you retarded snowflake. It's fucking politics. ALL OF LIFE IS POLITICS unless your an aspie. Be the bigger womb-man in the situation and send them the invites. If you don't, it's what >>16900033 wrote. It's that simple if you just take a minute to step back end examine the situation as a whole. FFS, you're getting married. You should be mature enough to get it through your thick skull that it's not all about you and your feelings and hopes and dreams. Do some lip service and avoid drama. I think that any rational human being can figure out that a few shekels spent to avoid further problems are a good investment.
>>
>>16900178
My fiance told them off about it. But they are sneaky and keep pestering me about it when my fiance is not around so I say nothing. I do not want to get involved its my fiance job to talk to them about it and he already did. They are just driving me nuts but I know that if I let them get what they want they will continue to behave this way.
>>
>>16900149
It's his wedding. Other peoples shit fests isn't his problem. If they'll throw fits about not forcing someone getting married to literally waste money on them by sending something they've already said they won't use, then guess what?

They'll cause drama anyways in the future over something else stupid. They're adults and there's no reason to baby them. Just because you want to suck off everyone in the hopes that they don't call you a prick behind your back doesn't mean everyone else on the planet has to.

Drama is just that. Fat air from fat whores. It's harmless.
>>
>>16900169
Your family told you they don't want invitations, great. But your inlaws have said that they DO want invitations. Your own family does not speak on behalf of both of them. If they want photos then ask your fiance to ask them to pay for the photos, but you should at least be sending invitations to them (and other guests too).

You're half-assing this wedding. If you're going to half-ass this wedding, why not just go down to the registry office and get married on paper without having to bother with the ceremony?
>>
>>16900201
You sound bitter as fuck.
>>
>>16900191
>its my fiance job to talk to them
Are you aware that when you marry him, they'll become your family too?
>>
>>16900181
>>16900154
PS
They don't need to know they're the only ones getting an invite. Make up the text and ask a few businesses to make you one so you can see what the finished product looks like. They get an invite and you spent 0$ for it.
>>
>>16900208
Sorry for not sugarcoating it so OP hears what she wants to hear.
>>
>>16900191
If your fiance is also a no then you can be a comfortable no. The only thing to be worried about is upsetting your significant other. If they're fine with not wasting the money then you can be fine with it to.

You can basically keep ignoring them and not do it or flat out tell them no, citing the costs if you want to. If they're cheapskates they might keep pestering you anyways. Sometimes people are dramatic like that, but you'd at least establish that you aren't the go-to push over if your partner tells them no.

Just try not to make a big deal over their crying and enjoy yourself, you're getting married.
>>
>>16900210
If I got involved they get angry they only listen to him. They try to stir the pot. My fiance is not too pleased with them. His family are alcoholics and are very sour. They belittle him for bettering himself all the time.
>>
>>16900196
>Just because you want to suck off everyone in the hopes that they don't call you a prick behind your back doesn't mean everyone else on the planet has to.
You truly are a stupid fuck. Are you just shitting OTI or do you truly go through life being THE ULTIMATE ALPHA (FE)MALE WHO BOWS TO NO CREATURE ON THIS PLANET? Do you truly think that making a stink of this whole matter is the smart choice here?
>>
>>16900215
I have a background in graphic design and own my own business I would not be pleased to half ass my work and publish it to make them happy.

>>16900219
Thank you Anon I feel better thank you for your help.
>>
>>16900239
>Thank you Anon I feel better thank you for your help.
>Thank you for being the only one who's saying what I want to hear
>>
>>16900235
I'm someone who comes from a family of non-hysterical minded individuals who think family is family, not politics like that other autist said.

If you feel the need to get fucked up the ass just because you're deathly afraid of opinions and hurting peoples feelings that's your problem and I quite honestly pity you for willingly walking on coals every day in life. But go ahead ahead and sling insults, because you clearly enjoy the drama you pretend to try and avoid.
>>
>>16900239
>Thank you Anon I feel better thank you for your help.
No problem. Try to enjoy the wedding, anon. I know that shit is stressful to set up.
>>
>>16900251
You accuse me of flinging insults and fail to realize that you're the one that started that shit. You thinking that you can always speak your mind and that there will be no repercussions is naive. Did I use coarse language? Yes. Do not let that distract you from the fact that I'm trying to impart a valuable life lesson onto you and OP. Sometimes, even though you're a billion percent right, you have to concede the point and just play along. That's how life works. I truly wish that both you and OP understand that. Take my advice or don't. I'm done here.

PS
>I'm someone who comes from a family of non-hysterical minded individuals who think family is family, not politics like that other autist said.
It's a poorly veiled insult (not just to me but my family as well) and you're not nearly as clever as you think you are.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.