[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a good boy I did everything I was told >finished high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1412974688906.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108KB, 400x381px
I was a good boy

I did everything I was told

>finished high school with good grades
>homecoming king 2 years in a row
>traveled for a year, partied, manwhored
>went to a 4 year school for a STEM degree
>networked my ass off
>got a "good" 80k job
>married a dependable girl from a rich family with a rare sweet disposition
>had 2 kids

When does the happiness start?

I feel like a zombie
>>
What do YOU want to do with your life?

Also are you sure this isn't a mid-life crisis?
>>
>>16890247
>rare sweet disposition

this nigga married a pokemon
>>
>>16890247

you got kids, so you kinda shot yourself in the foot there. im all about just starting over and seeking passion, but its hard when you are responsible for these two.

sucks that you dont love em.
>>
Cousin, how is living the American dream?
>>
>>16890253
>What do YOU want to do with your life?
Hell if i know

>Also are you sure this isn't a mid-life crisis?
I'm 26

>>16890264
>sucks that you dont love em.
They're the only reason I haven't run off to siberia or darkest africa already

I DO like watching how much joy they take in everything though

>>16890266
Like being trapped in a cage
>>
>>16890247
>had 2 kids
Aren't your children a source of happiness for you?
>>
>>16890275

might be time to enjoy things with them instead of through them.

my nephew is prettygood at golden axe. that was an epic curve ball.
>>
>>16890275

>they're the only reason i havent run off

not really the same as loving them mate.

obligation does not equal loyalty. it does not equal love. it only equals obligation.

and when you plant them square at hte root of a list of things that make do not give you joy, it comes off like they DONT GIVE YOU JOY.

not saying you're horrible. plenty of parents legitimately even hate their children. you're alright considering.

i just mean to say it sucks that you dont love them.
>>
>>16890276
Nothing is

But my instinct is to protect and love them
>>16890280
I do
>>16890283
>i just mean to say it sucks that you dont love them.
You can love something even if it doesn't make you happy

My boss's son is a on-again off-again junkie who gives him no end of grief, but he's the first to make sure he's safe
>>
>>16890307

>you can love somethign even if it doesn't make you happy.

i dont think you know what love is mate. im not really an ooey gooey type, but if they dont make you happy, you arent feeling love.
>>
>>16890307

>he takes care of his son
>THAT MEANS HE LOVES HIM

why? you take care of your sons but you dont love them. about as much as you love your job, your wife, etc.
>>
>>16890247
You are a zombie.
Learn who you are and what you want instead of being what makes others happy/what they approve.
Take some lsd doses and start learning what defines you.
>>
Focus on ways to connect.

One thing that brightens my kiddos and makes me more invested in them are our "dates"--just me and one at a time of doin what they enjoy and letting them talk. It means I get to know them and value them.

You haven't focused on yourself. But you also don't want to go crazy and leave everyone behind for "finding yourself". Think about you. What is exciting? What's interesting? How can you do it alone? How can you do it with your family? Explore. Learn. Challenge yourself.
>>
Sounds to me like you fucked up.
>26
>2 kids
You may in your twenties, but sounds like midlife crisis to me.
You feel your youth trying to get out like you want to do something crazy to add to your life. Sadly it's too late, your life is not your own. It's a half life man.
You can try and leave, only help raise two fucked up kids, or own up to your actions and do the best you can to be a good dad.

You are a caretaker and a teacher. Go out and explore the world with your kids. Teach them what it is to be a real human bean.
At the same time find stuff that you will enjoy, sometimes by yourself, sometimes with family.

Don't end up like that one transtard that left his whole family to be a 6 year old cooter.
>>
>>16890254
Lol he got a shines one lol
>>
>depending on others telling you what makes you happy
>being an adult

pick one
>>
>>16890247
>When does the happiness start?
It starts when you connect to the people around you. Your wife and children are a good start, but people need more than that, and you haven't mentioned anyone else. Tell us about your family. Tell us about your friends.
>>
Work your ass off and send me your paycheck every other time. The poorer you are the more happy you are
>>
>>16890275
>>16890247
>26
>2 kids

What the fuck man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.