[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend thinks its ok to "harmlessly" flirt with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1434419893952.jpg (52KB, 540x688px) Image search: [Google]
1434419893952.jpg
52KB, 540x688px
My girlfriend thinks its ok to "harmlessly" flirt with guys at her work, customers, not coworkers. She thinks its ok because she's not going to see them again. What's the best way to explain to her this is wrong?
>>
>>16822060

>What's the best way to explain to her this is wrong?

Dumping her whore ass
>>
Tell her it hurts your feelings.
>>
It's not wrong. As long as the guy doesn't take it seriously and she's not letting them on, it's ok.
>>
>>16822060

What kind of job does she have where you see customers once and then never again? If 0% of her customers are returning, then there is something seriously wrong with her company's business model.
>>
>>16822060
Do your best and if she won't stop, dump her.
>>
Snoop doge
>>
>>16822071
This is generally correct.

Now if you want to explain to her that you aren't cool with it, just say that. Then let her make up her own mind about how to act. Contrary to some shockingly common opinions, it's not abusive to tell your SO that some way in which they act isn't cool with you. It's an opportunity for them to make their own grownup decisions and live with the consequences.
>>
>>16822071
Yeah, until I flirt back with even more swag and get her digits.

>>16822060
Dump that hoe.
>>
There's no such thing as harmless flirting. Your girlfriend is a fucking whore. Dump.
>>
>>16822125
This.
>>
File: 1116151011.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1116151011.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>16822060

Tell her it's not harmless because it hurts you.
>>
Flirt with everyone girl you meet. See how long she thinks its harmless.
>>
>>16822060
Flirt with girls in front of her hahaah
>>
>>16822060
It probably helps her at her job and if she's never going to see them again, it really is harmless. Don't be such an insecure fag OP.
>>
it aint wrong nigga

first, flirting is just positive social interaction plain as that nigga aint nothin else

second, if you try and control a woman like that it always backfires - you can't watch over someone 24/7 it aint worth it mang

third, only bitch niggas give a fuck about some ho, there's always other hoes out there

fourth, bitches love it when you don't give a shit about them because it's a display that you can get women whenever you want, which confirms that they made a good choice with you

fifth, you're a faggot, who gives a shit she probably gets more tips that way, and she spend those betabux on you if you doin it right
>>
>>16822970
This is accurate in my experience.

Sometimes people give you free shit if you make their heart jump in the short time you interact with them (waitresses and other hospitality staff or clerks). Makes their day go by faster too.
>>
>>16822411
I was about to say this
>>
>>16822060
Flirting helps with customers which means more m tips or positive reviews for the store.
Flirting a bit with male coworkers can help morale depending on the environment. She will be seen as happy and generally well-liked.
>>
>>16823324

It depends on what you count as flirting. A wink and smile? Yeah sure, that's flirting but the bay majority of people understand it to be stupid and meaningless.

Spending a lot of time together and chatting each other up with longing glances and light touches? Yeah that's definitely not ok.

In any case the absolute easiest way to deal with this always is:

"put yourself in my shoes - if i did the exact same thing you're doing right now with other women, how would you feel about that?"

That usually shuts people down because they rarely think of it that way. If they shrug and say "well whatever, i wouldn't care" then you leave because you are incompatible.
>>
>>16822060
First step is to modify your thinking to be more direct and honest.
>My girlfriend thinks its ok to "harmlessly" flirt with guys at her work, customers, not coworkers
Flirting is actually a healthy and common human behavior, even and especially in relationships.
>http://elitedaily.com/dating/importance-flirting-others-youre-relationship/993762/
Just the first result on Google, not scientific, just an opinion piece. But I happen to agree with it and I'm pretty sure the claims can be corroborated with science (citation needed). The bottom line is that flirting is healthy, cheating is not.

>She thinks its ok because she's not going to see them again
The problem with this is that ..... surprise! customers come back lol. It's called repeat business. So acting like it's harmless because she'll never see them again seems rather naive.

Correction:
>What's the best way to explain to her that I'm possessive and it makes me uncomfortable.
Followed by you asking yourself this question:
>What's the "line" with me?
If you assume flirting is a healthy thing to do even in a relationship, the next step is to determine OK, well then what crosses the line between flirting to cheating?

For me, it's when numbers get exchanged. I'm not the girl's father; I'm not about to sit there checking her phone. But texting a guy you flirted with and pulled a number from.... looks a lot like gearing up to get your cheat on lady. I don't want that in my relationshit.

Notice how I didn't tell her she "couldn't do it." I just told her that's my boundary, cross it and I'll leave.
>>
File: 1396153582397.jpg (90KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1396153582397.jpg
90KB, 800x800px
>>16822970

I'm as white as I could possibly be and even I see the truth in those words.

>but can he see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?™
>>
>>16823342
Depends on what we're talking about -- obviously a smile and a giggle shouldn't cross any boundaries -- but you folks telling him, "get over it! you're just insecure" aren't really delivering useful advice at all. Whether you're cool with your SO flirting or not is a pretty fundamental difference in worldview and it's not unreasonable to come down on the "not okay" side of it; plenty of people of both sexes do.

It's exceptionally arrogant of you to tell him he's just being "possessive" for having somewhat narrower boundaries than you, as though you'd obtained some kind of broad consensus on this.
>>
>>16823334
It depends on the culture of the store. The example you provided would be perfect for places such as hooters or bars and the like
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.