[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

COMPUTER UPGRADE PROBLEM I bought a new graphics card an it requires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: msigtx660ti-10b.jpg (166KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
msigtx660ti-10b.jpg
166KB, 1280x1024px
COMPUTER UPGRADE PROBLEM
I bought a new graphics card an it requires more power than my current computer power cables supply. Can I get more power without needing to buy an completely new power converter?
>>
>>16799809
no
>>
>>16799829
So I need a new power supply?
>>
>>16799809
Nope, that can't be done, and you should have checked the specs before you bought the card. MSI make some fairly decent cards that don't require additional power connectors. Obviously you won't get a titan like that, but I know they do a gtx 750 ti, the twin frozr g series one, that gets everything it needs from the pci-e port.
>>
>>16799851
is there a way to "redneck" fix it?
>buy new power source
>leave old one there
>plug in new cable
>?????
>>
File: well_fuck_your_shit.jpg (59KB, 240x431px) Image search: [Google]
well_fuck_your_shit.jpg
59KB, 240x431px
No way bro your going to burn up your pci bus, make sure you have enough or more. Youll fry it running it with inadequate power. Denial wont save your ass when you cant play your vidjya rig.if you dont like the response refer to image.
>>
>>16799839
Yes.
>>16799868
No. Just buy a new PSU, don't fuck all your shit up. Unless you're running like two Titan X's, you should end up spending less than $100 on a new modular PSU.
>>
>>16800068
ty
>>
>>16799868
I *think* that might work, but it seems like an awful lot of effort for very little benift. You'd be much better off just swapping to a new PSU - it's really, reallt easy to do. Lay your machine on it's right side, slide the panel off, take out the four screws, unplug the connectors and it'll lift straight out. Screw the new one in, connect it up, and away you go. You honestly cannot find a way to screw this up. All the connectors in your pc are designed in such a way that it's not physically possible to put them in the wrong way round or fit the wrong connector on to something. Even if your mobo has a 20 pin connector and the psu has a 24 pin socket it doesn't matter - you just plug it in with the last 4 sockets hanging over the end, and again, it won't connect at all if you've got it the wrong way round.

If you're worried about remembering what you need to connect the psu to, just take a picture of where the old one goes before you take it out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.