[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you are in love with someone who hates herself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 4ae.jpg (31KB, 680x765px) Image search: [Google]
4ae.jpg
31KB, 680x765px
What do you do when you are in love with someone who hates herself?

My gf is depressed and seems to utterly despise herself.
>>
Take a look at why you love someone that doesn't love themselves. Likely you're as fucked up as her if not worse.
>>
File: 44460158.png (1MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
44460158.png
1MB, 1200x1600px
>>16739339
Also known as being female

I think you should ask more virgins on the internet what to do instead of talk to her about it
>>
>>16739349
Pretty much
>>
>>16739349
I'm really not though. Compared to her.

>>16739357
I have talked to her about it. She says it's quite possible she can sort things out and be happy again, but that it will take time.
>>
>>16739339
After 19 years of marriage to a person suffering from depression (I think it is borderline p d - her Dr says manic depressive but he doesn't live with her - plus she lies to him because of embarrassment, lel) , I can honestly say run for the fucking hills and never look back...
>>
File: makeitstip.jpg (41KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
makeitstip.jpg
41KB, 400x533px
>>16739339
Get the fuck out of the relationship.
Depressed person speaking - GET THE FUCK OUT.

Depressed people are not capable of being productive human beings. We are sick, crippled minds who spend days and days just making ourselves feel comfortable enough to survive the day, instead of doing something for ourselves or our environment. You might care for us, but in the end we are all we can truly care about. We have too much pain in out everyday lives to care about somebody out there.

I'm sorry.
It's just the way we are. I wish there was a way to fucking change it.....

>>16739357
tripfag, it's not known as being female
there are normal females and depressed females as well, ive met both
>>
File: 3803448.png (170KB, 812x812px) Image search: [Google]
3803448.png
170KB, 812x812px
>>16739412
I haven't met one female that had a positive self-esteem

Maybe I attract the absolute madwomen
>>
>>16739404
>>16739412
She really loves me. I know I'm being a dumbass but I'm not gonna leave. I've never connected so much with someone. We've already talked about having kids and shit.
>>
>>16739339
dump her or she will drag you down. BTW, depression isn't real. It's a modern term for being a lazy, pampered and unmotivated failure. Sister got it diagnosed when she realized she was a failure with no degree nor friends and nobody was proud of her. Gf's granma got it when all her family either grew up or died and she had nothing left to do. Trust me, you don't want to deal with that. An essential requisite for getting depressed is being selfish. It just doesn't happen to selfless people. A solid relationship is based on selflessness.
>>
>>16739428
Do you really want to pass depression on to your children anon?

It's not herpes, you don't catch depression
>>
>>16739366
>I'm really not though. Compared to her.

Then you have the self-awareness of an animal. Seek therapy. Or don't.
>>
>>16739437
Well, I'm not depressed, but I have panic attacks all the time. Do you think our children would be fucked in the head?
>>
>>16739339
fuck the sad out of her
>>
>>16739339
as long as she is willing to help herself (and you can only judge whether she is by her actions NOT her words) then this could work out. if she doesn't help herself on an action-based level, then she's not ready for a relationship
>>
>>16739443
At least 50% chance they will
>>
>>16739445
That's what she wants to do, but I'm still waiting to see if it will happen.

>>16739451
Oh well. At least they'd have an entire family, which is something neither of us had.
>>
>>16739470
it takes time, so no harm in being patient. at the same time, if 4-6 months go by and she's done nothing but say she wants to help herself, then you know she isn't ready to help herself and therefore you cannot help her either by definition, unfortunately. if that's the case, it's not fair to you or to her to stay in the relationship
>>
File: Sad.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>>16739428
I understand anon :( It will be hard for both her and you. You might even regret it for a long time.

As >>16739430 stated it,
>trust me, you don't want to deal with that

It will be much better if you leave her on her own until she gets better, and then MAYBE you try having something worthwhile. Relationship with a depressed person is also boring as fuck, I have to remind you. Most of the time I spent with my ex was simply sitting in some apartment, drinking or smoking weed and listening to music. We went out only when some bands played in the bar...

Let me tell you my story.
I broke up with my 6-month gf who started doing heroin. It fucked me up so bad, I was even worse than before that.
Then, a friend of mine who has had a crush on me for a year wanted to hook up. I was okay with it, and everything was fine, but I was a depressed piece of shit, couldn't really open up to her because of trust issues and basically she ended up breaking up with me. But she came back and decided we could just be friends-with-benefits until I get better. Then I hooked up with a few other girls, because we weren't together basically. I never heard from her again. And yet she hopes that I will get over it someday.

Point is - we depressed people are very often good with words, sweet tongued, we can make you feel special by our devotion and attention. But ultimately, it's all just a cover for our own lack of self-worth, which we then seek in other people, thus idolizing them and making them feel special in the process.

It might be worth it though. If she could get better for real (which means getting a good therapist), she might be one of the most wonderful people you will meet. But then again, she might not.

It's on you to decide.
>>
>>16739504
>>16739470
>>16739443
>>16739428

And PLEASE, PLEASE don't make children until you're both 100% MENTALLY HEALTHY.
If parents are depressed, kids are gonna be even worse.

Been there. (im the kid)
>>
>>16739339
Dump the stupid bitch and get a good gf you beta faggot
>>
File: feels.png (29KB, 424x497px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
29KB, 424x497px
>>16739445
>then she's not ready for a relationship

iktf ;_;

I'm waiting for her, but I think I pissed her off, she needs space and I can't stop pestering her
>>
>>16739521
Nah you didn't piss her off, she just went swiftly into something that she wasn't ready for.

I did the same thing with the girl who was into me for a year.
I explained it in the second part of >>16739504
>>
>>16739521
when this comes up, you really need to support her in trying to not take on more than she can mentally and emotionally handle. it sounds like you have a decent friend here, one with many problems and that aside, someone meant to be a friend. this is how my last relationship ended, despite moving into engagement and living together. it really is sad, but for the best anon. you can help someone take a step up, but if you're trying to help them take many steps then by the time they reach your level you've climbed nearly as many ahead as you were in the first place. and it's not fair to you or herself to do this your whole lives
>>
File: shit.png (29KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
29KB, 424x448px
>>16739545
>>16739544
Nah this isn't where I pissed her off, she's been getting colder and colder the past couple days, that was the initial message, it's gone on past that. Definitely because I've kept pestering her.

But yeah, I think second guy is right I guess we'll have to be friends, it's over. She was saying how it wouldn't be fair to me too.
>>
>>16739608
it's something you just have to confront now and you'll be okay. you just don't want to kid yourself and think you can make it work when you both know to whatever extent it wasn't meant to be, as it will only delay the healing process
>>
>>16739608

Stop being a faggot dude.

here's the PROPER response to her first big long wall of text.

>It's ok I'm not hurt
>Good luck with your life
>I wish you the best things in life, in sickness and in good health

THEN JUST IGNORE HER YOU MORON

ACT LIKE AN ADULT

GIVE HER YOUR BEST WISHES THEN DONT EVER TALK TO HER AGAIN

IT IS NOT HARD
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.