[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recovering from psychosis, too much weed. >tfw voices in head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: Desert.jpg (826KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Desert.jpg
826KB, 1024x768px
Recovering from psychosis, too much weed.
>tfw voices in head for a year
>actually followed them
>turns out just audio hallucinations
>tfw expected full recovery

Need femanon to talk to
>>
>>16676756
Femanon here with psychosis NOS. What do you want to talk about?
>>
I'm a non-mental femanon, can talk too if you wanna
>>
>>16676771
What is NOS?

It's hard to do anything but lay in bed and watch simpons pretty much, waiting for doctor prescription.

I'm on arapriprazol injections at the moment

Yeah how does the post limit work on this.
>>
>>16676799
NOS is not otherwise specified. Basically it's like schizophrenia but doesn't qualify as it for whatever reason. I'm on the same meds but oral, 15 my (just got upped).
>>
Is anti social personality disorder psychosis?
>>
>>16676817
Good that is doesn't qualify, its scary as hell. Had 15my as well when I was on oral.
How long you had yours? Do you know what caused it?
>>
>>16676832
Depends what your symptoms are I think
>>
>>16676832
No. Psychosis is much worse than that
>>
>>16676832
No
>>
>>16676842
I've had it for about a year. It was triggered by stress and stress still makes it worse. Meds help but sometimes the voices still break through. Probably having another breakdown since my symptoms are getting worse again.
>>
>>16676847
This
>>16676832
Voices in your head telling you things ect.
>>
>>16676860
I managed to block out all my voices, either that or it was the meds.
I have extreme social anxiety and some paranoia though, the voices come back every so often but I push them out after one word by focusing in and listing on where they're coming from, they just get quieter then stop.
>>
>>16676876
Nice. Most of my symptoms are cognitive. When I'm psychotic I lack focus to the point where I can't even read a book. I also have issues with speaking and Catatonia during an episode.
>>
>>16676847
So what exactly is worse about it aspd seems bad from my point of view
>>
>>16676898
Yeah can't read anything either, got a good one for christmas Origins.
The only catatonia if have is I clench my jaw sometimes.
>>
>>16676912
More extreme symptoms say, voices in your head are pretty extreme
>>
>>16676912
Psychosis basically rips you away from reality. You can become withdrawn from society, paranoid and irrational, and hear voices that tell you how shit you are and how you should just kill yourself. The cognitive symptoms are worst for me though, it can take away your ability to speak and think coherently, to read, you can even become catatonic (motionless or repetitive movements) for hours at a time or for an indeterminate amount of time. It's like a waking nightmare. Aspd really hurts those around you most.
>>
>>16676956
Yh i think ive probly hurt people around me more than myself but i dont really see why voices in your head is that bad like cant you just ignore it like real voices also what did op actually want again?
>>
>>16676938
Not being able to read was the fucking worst. Not only am I in uni so I couldn't study, but I fucking love reading. Luckily I can now. What do the voices talk to you about?
>>
>>16676976
When they are saying horrible fucking things to you its hard to ignore, still hard even if they're not. Look up schizophrenia simulation on YouTube and you'll get a taste, but it won't let you in on the cognitive symptoms which are the worst part.
>>
I did meet a schizophrenic person in a psych ward but couldnt understand the big deal dont mean to offend i just dont get why it got most attention dedicated to it
>>
>>16676994
Because it's the most severe of the mental illnesses, and one of the few that can get you landed in a psych ward for life
>>
Not being able to read sounds bad i guess
>>
>>16677001
Thats true the guy i met had already been there 9 moths i was like wtf 9 months!
>>
>>16677019
What was the hospital like? I've been close to being committed before, ironically the last time was for saying I'd rather kill myself than go to the hospital.
>>
>>16676994

You met him in a psych ward, meaning he was probably being heavily medicated, observed, and guided by professionals. Left untreated, it can get pretty ugly and scary. Schizophrenics can just get completely carried away on a train of thought, to the point that they're completely unaware of reality and just acting on their delusions and impulses.
>>
>>16677029
Well for me it was not too bad at first i am able to last a while under the rules fine
However after 2 days i started to get a severe case of boredom missing luxuries you get usef to - netflix and such. The food was ok and therapy sessions are ratger interesting i never mind talking about myself
Then again i wouldnt go back by choice i dont think it helps too much depending on your problem

The people you might are also kind of annoying bevause theyre all so sucked up in their issues. I mean, i tried abit to get on but ended up just hating most the people in theircespescially this one pathological liar as although i also lie alot i dont appreciate it in return
Thats just an overview but if you have any specifics you want to know then ask
>>
>>16677033
Crazy - no pun intended lol
>>
>>16677056
Nah I don't have any specific questions. It doesn't sound too bad, would probably be a good place to get some reading done if I was in good enough shape to actually read by the time I got in.
>>
>>16677063
I find reading boring
Why would you need to go in whats your problem
>>
>>16677079
Psychosis NOS, similar to schizophrenia. Most likely I'd go in for being Suicidal or catatonic
>>
>>16677086
When i was being diagnosed idid research and heard of personality disorder NOS
I went in after originally being arrested and although it wasnt serious enough for long jail time i was admitted after psych evaluations
>>
>>16676980
I love reading too, I used to do more but only until this all started I just wanted to relax and clam down with a book but it's too hard.

The voices told me to me how bad I was and gave me comeuppances which I think were adrenaline episodes.
Sent me walking all over the place taking taxis at 4 in the morning.

What about yours?
>>
>>16677122
Lol mus've cost alot
>>
>>16677120
Personality disorder NOS is different than psychosis NOS, the NOS is basically just a "we don't fucking know" catch-all kind of thing
>>
>>16677122
Mine aren't too malicious fortunately. I get a lot of parts of sentences, sentences that don't make sense, and random noises. I was able to talk to them once though. I asked them what they wanted and they said "you". That was scary. Occasionally they will be scary though, I used to hear screams sometimes.
>>
>>16677176
I know i meant it had the NOS in common also is a personality disorder actually an illness because it seems likecyou guys know about your illness just pike you know you have a common cold but honestly i dont feel like ive something wrong with me ?
>>
>>16677148
Yeah I found out that I can change what the voices say by thinking, figured out it was a year long conversation with myself.

Screams and sentences that don't make sense sound pretty dire, I had music playing sometimes
>>
>>16677185
That sounds mad - no pun intended again - also in an 'episode' do you really beleive these things like you beleive in your own existence or do you know its not true but still scared by it?
>>
>>16677148
It hurts

>>16677185
For you sorry
>>16677226
>>
>>16677206
As far as I know personality disorders are just malignant personality traits not illnesses but I'm not a psychiatrist. Also it's not uncommon for people with mental illnesses to not believe they have one.
>>
>>16677251
Fair enough i knew i didnt really have anything bad not like the others on here anyway
>>
>>16677228
I'm not psychotic to the point I believe the voices are real if that's what you mean, although that's not uncommon. It's still scary though.
>>
I have bouts of psychosis and have been hospitalized twice, once against my will. My hallucinations are more visual, though, and I struggle with persistent delusional thoughts. Not sure if I can help, but I'll do what I can.
>>
>>16676980
OP here, I'm listening to audio books by the way, certainly helps when trying to sleep.
>>
>>16676756
Mentally ill femanon here, well can talk. Don't have psychosis but have severe anxiety/paranoia, depression, ADD, and autism.
>>
>>16677322
I never understood what ADD was what is it
>>
>>16677322
Also what do you mean about talking isnt this thread where you'll be talking?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.