[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stand that there seem to be so many bleeding heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1450293357987.png (120KB, 400x477px) Image search: [Google]
1450293357987.png
120KB, 400x477px
I can't stand that there seem to be so many bleeding heart 'empaths' crying about any little cause they see in the news.

How do I deal with this? Family, friends, coworkers, acquintances. I don't know why but I find it infuriating how consumed they are in being such a 'kind, sensitive person'. I know they are not technically stupid for feeling how they feel, but I can't help but see them as retarded.

I logically know I should not give a fuck about what they give a fuck about, but it's just so annoying.
>>
Maybe the problem is with you and not all of them.
>>
There are two approaches to negative stimuli. The first is habituation. You expose yourself to the stimulus often enough that it becomes background noise. The other is avoidance. You just get the fuck away from it.

Pick one.
>>
i have that too sometimes. Even tough I once was like that. I just always think "omg, grow up..."
>>
>>16664304
Even if that's true that doesn't help in any shape/form/way. You should be a tripfag your posts are so useless.

>>16664305
I'd like to think I'm saturated in it already, but I agree that overexposure seems to help most issues. If I can't achieve it, guess it's time to be a hermit.
>>
>>16664284
I do feel sorry for the unfortunate, but I don't show it off to other people. It's stupid if people do that just to show others how good they are.
>>
You should get a psychological evaluation. You sound like a sociopath. Not even trolling.
>>
>>16664322
I think THIS is what's grating on you OP.

The whole Paris thing? Super tragic and horrific to think about... really gave me a sinking feeling in my chest. All stuff like that does.

Yet when everyone changed their overlay to the French flag on Facebook, I was so annoyed. WHY? What does it do? I just, fuck, I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>16664322
Yeah, see, that I don't find so infuriating. I don't really feel the same concern for random shit (it seems unwarranted from a personal perspective), but it's not like I'm ever going to be confronted with it. These people are so in your face and I'm sure they really do feel bad, but they also need everyone to know about it.. It's obnoxious.

>>16664336
I doubt that. I might not be overly empathetic but I think some people just aren't, I don't have any other symptoms of a psychological disorder.
>>
>>16664336
This is tru i was diagnosed with anti socisl personality disorder(sociopath) and i can somewhat relate to OP people are annoyingly over sensitive and i either fail to recognise whaf people are feeling or when i do idgaf but if i remember right it was like more than just this to be diagnosed when i did research it was like 4 separate 'symptoms'
>>
>>16664367
Yeah, I won't lie, Facebook is one of the worst platforms for this kind of stuff. I might just stop using it to avoid more exposure to this kind of shit than needed.
>>
>>16664284
I get that too. Honestly, I think people are so quick to make a facebook post about empathizing with something, but when they see it upclose and within their life, they act differently.

I have an acquaintance from high school on facebook who also knows my siblings who just loves to talk about helping people with mental disorders or depression or suicide. And then a friend hung out with her and told me she was making fun of my brother for attempting suicide this year and my brother was recently diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, had a full on delusional manic episode and our family has been struggling hard.

People like this are shit (in general). I just spend less time on facebook because it makes me pissed. I'd love to call her out, but it'd also kinda make me look butthurt over something someone said.
>>
>>16664284
>can't stand that there seem to be so many bleeding heart 'empaths' crying about any little cause they see in the news.
>how do I deal with it
>crying about something he doesn't like
>can't deal with something that trivial and needs advice from us

AHAHAHAHA fucking pure gold. You're a beautiful hypocrite my man and I love you.

You're allowed to not like people. "Dealing" with it is only not taking negative actions based on your resentment. That's fucking it. You're probably already dealing with it just fine.
>>
>>16664413
Lol this is tru desu haha
>>
I agree with OP. There seem to be a lot of people nowadays who hold strong opinions purely to make themselves seem more sensitive. I think the annoying thing about it is that a lot of people form their opinions based on the impression it will give their peers. They don't dissect an issue from a rational standpoint, rather they just feel out which side is more likely to paint them in a more reasonable light. They usually will hold a lot of strong, emotional opinions but without any real substance.
>>
>>16664462
>>16664407

Jesus you guys are hitting the nail on the head.

It's all this stuff I previously wasn't able to articulate.
>>
>>16664284

"Retards being retards makes me mad."

Ok bro.
>>
>>16664322

Oh, and this is obviously the answer, in case you somehow missed that.
>>
OP and other anons find out that some people are fake and are actually dicks that fake empathy and emotions to put up a social front. More at 11.
>>
Can someone here actually tell me what empathy really is like i know its when you put yourself in someones position but like how is the situation in the paris attacks to do with empathy like we all know that we dont like terrorist because they want to kill us but what, in relation to reactions to the paris attacks, is a sign of empathy
>>
>>16665051
I guess imagining what it would feel like. To die in such a terrifying way- to see people you love in the most fear of their lives. It's just upsetting to think about.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.