[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in low light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (207KB, 1600x1533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1600x1533px
Today, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror in low light

I couldn't see my acne

And for the first time in a very long time, I thought I looked beautiful. I would be beautiful if I didn't have this damn skin condition and the marks and scars that come with it. No guy would ever rate me a 10/10.

I've been to several dermatologists over the years. How do I deal with this.
>>
inb4 dudes here try to tell you they would rate you a 10/10 even with your pizza face because they want to get nudes or start an online relationship with someone who has no self esteem
>>
>>16644796
Don't want an online relationship and nudes of me don't exist because I'm not a teenager
>>
>>16644802
Do you think that's going to stop them from trying?

are you going to wait until someone asks before you post a picture of yourself? because they're going to ask.
>>
Go back to a derm and demand they put you on accutane. deal with it's shitty side effects for a few months to a year and never have acne again.

save up for laser shit for any scars.
>>
>>16644788
Have you been diagnosed with anything? Or asked about accutane?

I know it's a lame hobby to have, but I like researching skin care and making my own concoctions for pimples, blackheads, moisturizing, etc.

What exactly about your skin bothers you?

And chin up, OP. We all have our insecurities, and I promise that not a single person nitpicks over your appearance, or looks as closely or critically nearly as much as you.
>>
>>16644788

I know that feel op
girl with persistent adult acne here as well. Sunlight and selfies are not my friends

right now it's the best it's been and it's still awful but you can make the scars and redness diminish somewhat with zinc (speeds up the healing process, don't overdo it) and african black soap (first you get the squeaky clean feeling and then it softens up your skin a bit)
>>
>>16644810
I don't post pictures of myself on the internet as a rule, and if i did 4chan would be the very last place I'd post them. Sorry.
>>
ITT girls who need to learn how to do their makeup.

invest in the right concealer and learn how to hide that shit. it's not hard
>>
>>16644825
Fuck off, then. if this is a place where you wouldn't even feel safe posting your picture, why in the world would you seek medical advice from those same people?
>>
>>16644788
you're a girl?
get in shape and show skin. worry about your legs. guys are easy. it's you fucking girls that are the picky shits.
>>
As a guy who fought with acne for close to 15 years and have the war marks to prove it, I know how you feel.

But hey, as least you can wear make-up, I don't get that luxury.
>>
>>16644830
Makeup isn't nearly as important as skincare. And concealer/foundation makes blemishes and pimples 10000X worse. It might cover up temporarily, but the pimple will get worse. Not only that, but the texture of your skin will still be bumpy because of bumps. And god forbid you have a scab from a pimple, because it'll just look flakey and disgusting under makeup.
>>
>>16644816
I'm terrified of Accutane. I've had mild results with retinoids and good results with chemical peels. I've suffered from cystic acne and some blackheads since I was 10. I have fair, sensitive skin, so the red and dark marks left over for months after the acne heals is the biggest problem for me. Derm said there's not much I can do about the marks. I have a small number of scars too, which I can't afford the laser treatment for.

Thank you for your kind words.
>>
I think wearing nappies helps alot honestly also send nudes go on
>>
>>16644838
Not OP, but I don't see why it's a big deal for her to not want to post pictures here, especially of her face. No other poster on /adv/ is being heckled for pics.

Although, she could do a google search and find example pics of acne that looks like hers to get advice.
>>
>>16644845

women get make up, men get taken seriously regardless of their shitty skin

honestly most women hardly even blink at acne as long as you aren't a massive sperg but ugly women aren't even treated like competent adults
>>
>>16644838

are you fucking new? this is /adv/ not /soc/ no one needs to post pictures to get medical information
>>
>>16644838
I'm guessing you're not a woman. Would YOU feel safe posting pics here if you were one? I can use discretion with the advice I get and have control over what advice I choose to follow or not follow. The second a person posts a picture, however, it's out of their hands for anyone to use however they please. My words can't be linked to me IRL so I don't care if anyone copypastas them.
>>
>>16644872
what exactly do you think anyone is going to "do" with your picture? what are you so worried about?
>>
>>16644853
Ahh, gotcha. It may not work for you, but this is how I get my pimples (I sometimes get cystic acne as well) to heal quickly and keep them from scarring. I use Cerave moisturizer, and before I put it on my face, I mix it with lavender and sweet orange essential oils. The oils smell strong, but it works magic and is very refreshing.

As far as blackheads go, those nose strips are your worst enemy. Avoid them at all costs, because it is the equivalent of popping them with your fingers, and will stretch out your pores and make them worse. I reccomend a BHA product that should dry them up over time.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 468x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 468x318px
>>16644859
blah, I didn't even think of googling an example picture. It's like this. With the occasional new cystic pimple instead of just scars.
>>
>>16644891

Girl, you need to shave. Your acne scars are fucking irrelevant, but the stache, what the fuck?
>>
>>16644885
Used in random threads on /b/ or /r9k/ titled "Would you?". Photoshopped my face onto someone else's naked body. Those are just two examples.
>>
>>16644903
That's not me, that is Random Google Image Person. I do shave my stache and I'm considering going somewhere to start getting it waxed.
>>
>>16644886
That moisturizer mix sounds fantastic, I will definitely try it! I thankfully haven't used those blackhead strips since high school due to reading about what you just said. And thank you again for your kindness.
>>
>>16644821
and thank you as well for the advice
>>
>>16644844
I am in shape. I'm slightly tall so mylegs are nice I guess. Acne and acne scars on my chest and back means I don't often explore the "show your skin" department.

Do guys really not care much about a girl having acne?
>>
>>16644974

gonna be honest, they do

but at the same time, they wont discriminate a good vagina
>>
>>16645078
Keeping it real in 2016
>>
>>16644891
this really isn't that bad. have some confidence in yourself!
>>
Why are you terrified of accutane? It's really the best solution available right now. The physical side effects can be unpleasant (not always), but unless you're still growing they're not scary. The depression, mood instability etc effects have been blown far out of proportion by the media. It's not a dangerous treatment, and you're kept under a close watch (usually an unnecessarily close one, but better safe than sorry) during the entire course to make absolutely sure you stay safe.
>>
>>16644788
I know plenty of qts who have some scars, who cares if you arent 10/10 nobody is a

But don't you girls just cover it up with makeup anyway?
>>
>>16645112
Some people get permanent horrible scars from the flare up period. And inflammatory bowel disease does not seem fun.
>>
>>16645122
Makeup isn't the best solution for acne, as described by>>16644847
>>
>>16645144
Accutane doesn't really cause scarring, man, at least not scarring that wouldn't already be happening. It's the acne that scars, not the drug. I don't think the mechanics behind why the initial breakout happens are completely understood yet, but basically, retinoids like accutane accelerate your skin cell turnover rate. This has the effect of basically forcing up all the acne developing under your skin, so the really bad cystic acne you get is largely stuff you would have gotten anyway, you just get it all at once instead of over the course of months or years. To my knowledge, this doesn't make it any more likely that it will scar. Increased skin cell growth/turnover can clog the pores with dead cells, which does create new acne that you might not otherwise have gotten, but I can't imagine that ever outweighing the acne you otherwise WOULD have gotten, now prevented by the accutane, of the course of the next couple years.

As regards IBD ... my understanding is that the link between accutane and IBD, Crohn's, etc, is pretty fucking tenuous. I'm neither a pharmacist nor a dermatologist. I can't claim to any special insight here. I am making no promises. But from what I've read and heard the relationship is questionable at best.

I'm not getting paid by these people. I'm not a shill, I don't care if you take accutane or not, I just want you to be able to make a well-informed decision and deal with your acne effectively. I do know it's a drug that's been hit by a LOT of alarmist media reports and now has quite a few urban myths floating around about it that haven't really been backed up by research. I think your fear is excessive, but of course, I'm not you; maybe you've done your own research and it's led you to this conclusion. Ultimately, obviously, the choice is yours.
>>
>>16644788
Have you seen if maybe it's Rosacea?

My ex had that, and thought it was acne for years. Acne treatments made it worse, and then she figured out what it was and it was pretty much gone in a few weeks of using proper rosacea treatments.

Also, I suspect you worry too much about your skin. A bit of decent makeup will hide it enough that no decent guy will care.
>>
>>16645350
I've seen dermatologists. They would have recognized rosacea. But thank you for the tip anyway.
>>
>>16644788
you should post a pic, you'd be surprised how desperate the guys here are
>>
>>16644788
bio oil helps w the scarring. im still looking for something that helps with the actual acne
>>
>>16645403

See

>>16644825
>>16644872
>>16644906
>>
>>16644788
Accutane. Stop waiting, just get on it, it saved my life.
Side effect worries? They aren't too bad, they're not worse than having acne.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.