[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You ever feel like you wanna fix all your mistakes, stop being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: mad.png (432KB, 588x563px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
432KB, 588x563px
You ever feel like you wanna fix all your mistakes, stop being a neet, and just go head first into life? But you never make that step out the door, because you feel like you're a stranger in real life? So you just go back to whatever feels comfortable? (e.g. video games)

Am I just being a pussy, or is it cause I truly don't want to live a "normal life" at this point?
>>
Probably both.

But you'll never know unless you try. Just don't expect everything to magically fall into place. You often have to try and try again to get what you want, or even figure out what you might want.
>>
How many days in a row are you going to make this thread?
>>
>>16639948
No. I've never been comfortable in life. Being uncomfortable is the only thing I find familiar, so that's what I go back to time after time.
>>
>>16639981
Probably until he gets the answer he wants, not the answer he needs.
>>
>>16639981
>>16640348

this desu famiglioso
>>
I've never actually gone NEET, but there certainly have been times when I could easily have slipped into NEETdom. And there have definitely been times when I wanted to fix my problems and dive in headfirst, but slipped back into what was most comfortable.

I'm on an upswing now. What has helped me is taking deliberate steps out of my comfort zone in other areas of my life, just to get used to the feeling of being outside it.

D&D has been useful for this, in my case. Obviously, playing characters and DMing concepts I'm uncomfortable with has no bearing on any of my actual problems, and I don't pretend that it does. But when I'm already going outside my comfort zone on a regular basis because of these, it becomes much easier to slip in a couple of extra "outside ventures" involving things that actually HAVE relevance.
>>
>>16639948

What do mean by "not truly wanting to live a normal life"? Clearly your current situation makes you unhappy, it's just that your fear of risk or change forces you to resign to your circumstances.

People like you normally frame a "normal" life in "boring normie" terms to justify your existence, but there's no greatness inherent to being different for the sake of it, especially if it makes you miserable.
>>
Honestly if you leave your room and try to fix your shit, it's going to be hard and painful at first. Probably more than the lingering feeling that you're a failure.

However, it gets easier as you get into the flow of things. The issue is perseverance.
>>
File: JAR-meme-drunk-baby.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JAR-meme-drunk-baby.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
Don't get caught up in the idea of fixing mistakes. Just set up one realistic goal for yourself and accomplish it. Then another, and another...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.