[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a drink shitloads of coffee, have lots of junkfood,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1451742554276.png (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451742554276.png
27KB, 400x400px
>it's a drink shitloads of coffee, have lots of junkfood, waste all time on 4chan and youtube, do the bare minimum, and become wildly optimistic in the evening about my ability to do shitloads of work tomorrow and achieve my potential and give up coffee and junk food episode
>it's approximately episode 200 since I graduated from university
>>
at least you have a degree
>>
>>16635338

i had that for awhile. the trick is to make a list of things you want to change, then do only one big one and a few little ones a month.

for instance, dont wake up early tomorrow, eat only healthy, clean the whole house, apply for jobs, and go to the gym.

instead, focus the first month on regulating your sleep schedule, and just eating healthy.

then february is job hunt and working out.

march is cleaning the house (one part at a time) and quitting coffee.
>>
>>16635351

Oh yeah, I do have concrete goals for the mediujm term (programming books) but lately I constantly change my mind over what productivity system to use.

Schedule everything? Zero schedule? How many hours of work every week? Do multiple things each day or one thing every day?
>>
>>16635361

just pick one and stick with it. each method gets results if you actually stick with it. define the amount of results you want and go for it.

but dont do all those things you listed in your OP TOMORROW like you said.
>>
>>16635361

I should post that I've decided on a schedule but I will feel so guilty when not working.
>>
>>16635367

thats a you issue.
>>
>>16635361

Making lists and schedules and constantly rearranging or optimizing them without actually DOING the thing is just another way of procrastinating. A very popular one as well.
>>
>>16635401
Welp. You got me. Not OP.
I did the last 21 days atleast 50+ lists.
Not even lying.
>>
>>16635422

OP here. What is the big fat cherry on top of my "system vacillating" is the idea of whether or not schedules are bad. In summary, I'm falling for the naturalistic fallacy like a sucker. Will schedules crush my creativity? Will regular habits crush my creativity? Do I need to take away all self imposed rules and wait until I actually want to work? How will my schedule deal with surprises?

Also I tell myself that I should take the tough decisions: give up 4chan and coffee forever. Then I realise that the actual tough course of action would be to use them in moderation
>>
>>16635472
Nah, you just DO IT. Now. Planning and this will come with this along.Best thing is better starting off with "Week 1 - Chapter 1".
Giving up 100% on a whim is rarely possible. This will also go from alone
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.